X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Chilton0326
    An fyi that I think early Marvie Lab (under the label name Marvie) is on the Yoox Spring-Summer section for very cheap. It's not the S M L collection, but if she made early work with conventional European sizing, it seems similar in color and fabric to her new work.
    EDIT: I'm dumb.
    Last edited by theetruscan; 02-06-2011, 12:42 PM.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• underdog
      • Aug 2009

They are in the Woman's section in the US...

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
      Not in the US from what I can tell.

Comment

• jevna
        • Aug 2007

Those are indeed early Marvie's pieces from her first capsule collection, presented at Pitti Rooms.
        No idea how these pieces ended up on Yoox now...
        The collection was presented in the natural colour of materials (ecru) in linens and other blends and buyers had the possibility to choose the colour in which the pieces would then get piece-dyed.
        Appearently, the shop which sold these pieces to Yoox chose at that time to get the pieces in natural colour, not over-dyed.
        Last edited by jevna; 02-09-2011, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Read me
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• surver
            • Oct 2007

does anyone have experience with the current in'es'terno collection? i'm quite intrigued by the concept behind S+M+L but have a feeling that the available images aren't doing the actual pieces any justice... wondering what they are like in reality in terms of materiality, cut, fabric, fit, quality? the pants seem weird on the models... how are they in real life?

thinking of getting a basic set to start off with - a JM11 jacket and a PM23 pant - any advices, comments, reviews?

thanks in advance :)

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

paging merz
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• een
                • Sep 2006

Not a correction but an elaboration.
                I think your jacket is prototype for next season in terms of pattern, but the fabrication and tailor-made construction were exclusive to Sartorialoft's spring buy. The precision of the seamwork is impeccable and really brings out the subtlety of the pattern, the shoulders and the front darts in particular. The dryness of the hand of the wool/linen blend in particular continues the effect...
                As I've said before, a gorgeous jacket that looks great on you q.
                Naturally, I defer to Jevna, DHC and you for any clarification, would be amazing to see this quality continue...
                Last edited by een; 06-02-2011, 05:07 PM. Reason: usual disclaimers

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Not a correction but an elaboration. Current pattern is a collaborative effort modifying the slim S.

Een..damnit man!! Easily amongst my favorite posters ever!! We NEED to see more of you on SZ!! I know you're busy making the world a more beautiful place, but grant us the benefit of your presence here!!! SZ needs it now more than it's ever had...
                  Last edited by DHC; 06-03-2011, 02:09 AM.
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• een
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                    Current pattern is a collaborative effort modifying the slim S.
                    that explains it all.

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
                      pure ikea-wear
                      The other day I finally came a pair of pant and a jacket that I buy online from Marvielab. Unfortunately I have to say, that unlike the look that I saw on the net, (and also what I thought, why ... even if i'm tired of these kinds i continued to buy them) seems a whole other thing.
                      I am not very high, but looking me in the mirror, I was very disappointed as I wear the dress ... I feel like an elf /wizard,,, :-(((((
                      Yes IKEA wear but also Herry Potter Wear...
                      FD
                      SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by merz
                        could have fooled me.

all that said, marvie's offerings, from what i have had experience with personally, are exceptionally strong, both in some of the preceding collections and the current fall/winter season. her continuing efforts in in-house fabric research and development are further encouraging in terms of what we can expect to see from her in the future. here's to that.
                        Wow...the firs image...very very cool....
                        Second image...is it that i try to explain...the girls in photo...remeber me an air/atmosphere like a wizard/elf... In meantime...maybe i'm not pretty and not very high...the same effect the clothes dress by me...
                        :-((((((
                        Tnx for you reply..
                        FD
                        SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• surver
                          • Oct 2007

while i'm not too excited with her t's etc, i must attest to her in'es'terno series of jackets and pants; the JM11+PL25 has become my favorite combo all summer. beautiful fabrics, great cut/fit, basic and edgy at the same time...

Comment

• docus
                            • Dec 2010

Did anyone make it along to the showroom? Photos eagerly anticipated ;)

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

I was gonna go,
                              I actually i went because her showroom is on the same street as mine, but they were busy with a buyer so i didn't stay, as I didn't want to be a distraction.

there are a few others that went that will be able to give an account and maybe pictures

I cannot go tomorrow as my showroom should be more busy tomorrow, and i think today may his been the last day of her showroom
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Parable
                                • Aug 2011

It wasn't actually MarvieLab per se, but a new project from Marvie called ReCikli.

ReCikli is a new project by designer Mariavittoria Sargentini, developed alongside the season-less MarvieLab collections.

The idea behind this project is to revisit some of the best materials from the brand's archive of past collections and reuse them in new shapes. Once finished, the pieces undergo a series of treatments and over-dyeing techniques that change the properties and textures of the materials, giving the garments an aged and weathered appearance. The patterns developed for this project are an interpretation of select wardrobe pieces inspired by imagery of home - cherished, comfortable garments faded by years of continued wear. Open seams underscore clean lines, enhancing the tactile qualities of the fabrics' composition and texture.

For the AW12 season, ReCikli presents 7 unisex styles executed in a selection of 4 materials. Each style is offered in 3 sizes that are adjustable to the wearer's preference in fit and proportion with various systems of closure (buttons, hooks, elastic bands, coulisse) and stitches that enable the garments to be cut to different lengths.

All pieces are produced in limited editions and numbered.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎