X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christianef
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
    Why is that so? Just because it's cool to hate Kim Kardashian?
    agreed she looks completely legit. who cares if she's annoying she's got a stacked body you boys should be droolin all over this feewf OJSIMPSON for sure will atleast

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

man gimme Kanye over those fobs anyday, if there was ever a look/aura that declared one has no talent, that's it right there.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Verdandi
        • Mar 2012

Speaking of that particular Kanye West and Jay track, the artist formerly known as Mos Def and name-dropping of certain labels:

Who the fuck is Margiela?
        lavender menace

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
          • Mar 2009

Yassin Bey loves a good thrift store, just like Common.
          I like Kanye, I like his music and the fact he is an egotistical arsehole. He's quite a character amongst his colour by numbers gangster rapper peers.
          He kind of changed the way Hip Hop as a culture dressed, which is no mean feat.
          As long as he keeps making soulful beats, he can wear what ever the fuck he wants.
          He dances to the beat of Kim's bum, all the more power to him. He now has his very own doll for which to play dress up with.

Edit: let's not forget Hip Hop has inspired luxury designers I et the years. Certain Chanel (yes Chanel) collections had elements of hip hop styling, as did a number of other design houses at various points through the late 80s, 90s and noughties.
          It seems this 90s resurgence is helping out Versace as every Tom dick and Arry are dressing like BIG and Diddy on a yacht. Baroque silk shirt...check. Sunnies with huge gold medusa head...check. Greek key gold chain...check.
          I think this could also be the reason for some of Givenchys popularity amongst the hip hop community. As Tiscis prints are rather modern digital interpretations of Baroque. He has openly said that Gianni Versace was/is a key inspiration of his.
          (I really do babble on sometimes :p)
          Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 09-14-2012, 07:40 AM.
          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Fade to Black
            • Sep 2008

nah i get what you're on...Kanye's fashion is a superfluous detail; he makes good music. also the whole 2nd paragraph i cosign as well
            www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• profondo nero
              • Aug 2012

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

Marc loves a Hip Hop ambassador at LV.
                We had, Pharrel, Yeezy and now Mos Def (fuck calling him Yassin).
                It just goes to show that hip hop ( or popular music in general)and luxury fashion houses go hand in hand. As DH under Hedi did with all the indie bands who's name began with "The" .
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Don't be hatin' just because she's all bootylicious.

In all seriousness, she didn't cause much offense in this outfit. She has worn worse, like Rick drop crotch, IIRC.
                  Paris Hilton is skinny.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

Don't be hatin' just because she's all bootylicious.

In all seriousness, she didn't cause much offense in this outfit. She has worn worse, like Rick drop crotch, IIRC.
                    i think that particular rick jacket is standard issue when you get your celebrity id card.

and don't get me wrong, she's attractive. maybe a little too bootylicious. its just that she is the embodiment of a whole lot of things that really suck. so i hate that she's wearing my main man's gear
                    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• HWith
                      • May 2007

It's pretty hard to screw up an outfit with that Rick jacket, skinny black jeans and a black top, yet she managed to do just that by wearing those ugly mustard colored boots.

When it comes to RO in hip hop/popular culture I've noticed that RO is now one of those brands that facilitates picking up easy and good looking girls (you know the deal), which is something I wont complain about.

Speaking of that ...
                      About a year ago I was at a club talking to a girl I'd slept with a couple of times, when she complimented my boots and asked where they were from. When I told them they were Rick she started talking about some Rick boots she was in love with she'd seen on sale somewhere. She then asked me if she could borrow money so she could by them, since "I'd be one to appreciate her wearing Rick". It was pretty messed up, since she was an aquaintance at most, so I said no. Then she went on to offering a threesome with one of her girlfriends if I said yes - I politely declined.

True story.

Comment

• morsto
                        • Nov 2008

but you could have gotten that with many different brands of clothes, depending on the crowd it currently caters to (and where you go).
                        the common ground is that it's fucking superficial

i once had a pretty model-looking girl ask me if i was wearing rick
                        i told her no and she looked disappointed and walked away
                        (i was in all rick)

true story

when wearing a certain brand suddenly becomes a status I, for one, am out (of talking about what I'm wearing) and this is why I loathe these talentless hacks "repping" clothes, it breeds superficiality among the ill informed
                        I do not recognise the vessel,
                        but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• HWith
                          • May 2007

Don't get me wrong. I don't wear Rick to pick-up girls. I just noticed how the increasing exposure in popular culture makes the brand a status symbol in the eyes of some members of the opposite sex. I'm pretty indifferent - I'm not gonna flaunt my Rick to pickup 'bitchez', but I'm not complaining either.

And the girl you're talking about: If she actually recognized your outfit as being RO, especially men's Rick which is very much different from women's, chances are she was genuinely interested in your clothes and not the brand, and you probably wasted an opportunity to get to know a girl that's pretty and actually interested in fashion and not trends, which is quite rare.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                            • Sep 2010

Rick will be the next Givenchy if this thread has any weight......When Rick starts embroidering dogs, stars, birds-of-paradise, and low-resolution angels on his leather jackets we'll know it's a pact signed in blood.

Wait didn't this pact happen with Rick years ago? Washed up celebs have been sporting Rick Owens clothing for the past half decade or more. Los Angeles alone makes Rick Owens clothing look like it was bought at Target since everyone there has been sporting the jackets forever.

The "Rappers Suck R(d)ick" observation is obvious, but Faust's comment about Usher at the Julius show makes me want to slit my wrists as I watch the red blood drip drip drip down Julius blood red knit. Looks good!

Comment

• ErnstLudwig
                              • Oct 2011

Oh no yfd (your favorite designer) has reached the level of status symbol!

But it was only a matter of time, after fulfilling 3 criteria:

1) continuous output
                              2) reoccurring signature pieces
                              3) price tag that implies decent financial resources, bearer wise (most important)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by HWith View Post

Speaking of that ...
                                About a year ago I was at a club talking to a girl I'd slept with a couple of times, when she complimented my boots and asked where they were from. When I told them they were Rick she started talking about some Rick boots she was in love with she'd seen on sale somewhere. She then asked me if she could borrow money so she could by them, since "I'd be one to appreciate her wearing Rick". It was pretty messed up, since she was an aquaintance at most, so I said no. Then she went on to offering a threesome with one of her girlfriends if I said yes - I politely declined.
                                this anecdote is great.
                                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍