Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FOREVER
    • Sep 2011

Those comments are just full of signature material...

Comment

• #ruin
      • Jul 2011

is it so hard for just one of these guys to put a decent outfit together... seriously.

Comment

• phiman
        • Dec 2011

This some faggot shit but im sure some closet homo will defend it and say im hating or this is “swag” or some other gay shit.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Comment

• Would
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by phiman View Post
          This some faggot shit but im sure some closet homo will defend it and say im hating or this is “swag” or some other gay shit.

And that's all I have to say about that.

"Lol this nigga been lame af! People think he like a messiah for fashion wearin this dumb Forever 21 shit... He dressing like Madeline n shit. And jus cuz it cost alot that justify it? He mite as well get sum red bottom heels since they cost some racks too! Lol foh gaysap cocky wit them harriet tubman plaits."

I would have thought Ann's aesthetic was too poetic/romantic/overtlygayballs to attract Mr.Rocky's attention. Rick and BBS and a few others make sense to me in a hip hop context because the silhouette is there, but not dear soulful Ann.

Comment

• davidafterlife
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by twistedSADISTIC View Post
            is it so hard for just one of these guys to put a decent outfit together... seriously.
            I totally agree, but I think A$AP Rocky actually is the only hip-hop star to understand the culture... to all yes avant-garde clothing is culture and should be understood, and everyone on the forum should take pride in what they wear, and disown these dudes for appropriating it just because they have the money or just become the next "2009" trend. We all started somewhere, but I'm sure most didn't just go out and buy all in a day. I think most people on this forum would look for that perfect item to go with the other items they buy, and look really well doing it. I guess I can't call anyone on "integrity" because it is fashion and it changes, but bandwagoning artists haven't really understood. If they did I think they may respect what the designers idea was. Instead of marring houses like Givenchy with those terrible prints and huge stars, and disgusting colors. I also don't like when people try to categorize this with hip-hop, because now any idiot I see who doesn't know me asks me stupid questions and replies with a dumb answer.

This Too Shall Pass!

Comment

• Uchiha
              • Sep 2012

OWENS + HIPHOP = SUCKS

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Uchiha View Post
                OWENS + HIPHOP = SUCKS
                please stop with these pointless one-liners.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• TheThief
                  • Mar 2011

Rapbreak.com strikes again

My favorite comment is:
                  "I love how this man is wearing a sweatshirt with the devil holding the body of a dead jesus, this man constantly throws up satanic symbols even did the shit at that EXACT same show (i was there) along with the whole industry wearin devil shit throwin up signs yet the only thing that gets real attention or strikes REAL concern from you kids is his gay ass fashion statement, yet this man practically doin rituals infront of your face and you crankin like its some fire lmao"

Because the image is:

Caravaggio's "The Entombment of Christ"

Comment

• viv1984viv
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by TheThief View Post
                    Rapbreak.com strikes again

My favorite comment is:
                    "I love how this man is wearing a sweatshirt with the devil holding the body of a dead jesus, this man constantly throws up satanic symbols even did the shit at that EXACT same show (i was there) along with the whole industry wearin devil shit throwin up signs yet the only thing that gets real attention or strikes REAL concern from you kids is his gay ass fashion statement, yet this man practically doin rituals infront of your face and you crankin like its some fire lmao"

Because the image is:

Caravaggio's "The Entombment of Christ"
                    *chortle* the guys in the comments sections do know they are talking about the clothes these rappers wear ON A STAGE right!?!
                    Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• trentk
                      • Oct 2010

if only this type of hip hop would go rick owens.... (the more I think about (or, more appropriately, plumb the abyssal depths of) music designed to make deep sea creatures bioluminesce, the stranger it seems)
                      "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• BSR
                        • Aug 2008

I hate Greaud's work. His use of science is just a pretext for (bad) marketing. See: if i remember well, the work quoted above is supposed to be about how the creatures living in the abysses react to sounds (which they usually never hear). But it's a lie: instead of investigating their reactions, the guy films himself organizing this sort of subaquatic festival (typical of bad art: we don't give a shit about the knowledge one might reach, what matters is the 'project' and the funding part). The fishes, who never asked for such a hullaballoo, are treated as a simple surface for this projection. As if it wasn't enough, there are old and unemployed stars (Lynch and Rampling) to make the whole film more manageable for galleries. Even Rick Owens would not deserve this .
                        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                          The fishes, who never asked for such a hullaballoo, are treated as a simple surface for this projection. As if it wasn't enough, there are old and unemployed stars (Lynch and Rampling) to make the whole film more manageable for galleries. Even Rick Owens would not deserve this .
                          mega-lol!
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Mega-zing, BSR.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

that was funny. all the well produced and edited earnestness and artsy importance of that little trailer lust leveled in a single forum post
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• trentk
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                                I hate Greaud's work. His use of science is just a pretext for (bad) marketing. See: if i remember well, the work quoted above is supposed to be about how the creatures living in the abysses react to sounds (which they usually never hear). But it's a lie: instead of investigating their reactions, the guy films himself organizing this sort of subaquatic festival (typical of bad art: we don't give a shit about the knowledge one might reach, what matters is the 'project' and the funding part). The fishes, who never asked for such a hullaballoo, are treated as a simple surface for this projection. As if it wasn't enough, there are old and unemployed stars (Lynch and Rampling) to make the whole film more manageable for galleries. Even Rick Owens would not deserve this .
                                I haven't seen the film yet, sounds like it may not be as interesting as the trailer makes it appear. However, there are researchers who were surprised that the fish reacted to the music and are now working on a scientific publication based on the phenomena... so I can't say knowledge was entirely pushed to the side.

What examples would you give of successful science-art collaborations?
                                "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎