X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Yep - I think she is still there. Her + Valerie Steele = dream team (hope no one from Parsons is reading this). Here is an interview with her.

She also has a book called Fashion-ology. I think Christian should pick it up.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Does anyone know what the market rate for Undercover The Shepherd book is? I have two copies and want to let one go, but not sure what it's worth.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tweeds
        • Sep 2006

Quick search shows Abebooks booksellers have it for $93.40 and £77 (plus shipping) in the US and UK respectively, for what it's worth.
        SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Ok, thanks. I thought $100 would be the going rate. Sounds about right.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MASUGNEN
            • Feb 2009

Marielle Cro w/ designer: Claude Montana: Fashion Radical, Thames & Hudson 2011

Comment

• dddr
              • Jan 2008

looking forward to this ;)

edit:

Published by Rizzoli. Avaialble mid-jun

Comment

• Atom
                • Sep 2009

I saw a copy of a book by Number (N)ine from 2003 or so. It had text samples by beat writers like Burroughs, Ginsberg et. al. and some photos by Takahiro Miyashita IIRC.

Does anybody have that book, or have any info about this project? Thx for any help.

Comment

• bernieee
                  • Dec 2010

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations on books for fashion design theory; unfortunately my school only teaches the technical aspects of fashion design. :( thankss

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Did you go through this thread?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bernieee
                      • Dec 2010

yup it seems all the books suggested here are more or less coffee table books about designers and not about design theory itself. i guess what im asking is there are any good books out there solely published to teach design theory concept?

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by bernieee View Post
                        yup it seems all the books suggested here are more or less coffee table books about designers and not about design theory itself.
                        Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Did you go through this thread?
                        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally Posted by bernieee
                          yup it seems all the books suggested here are more or less coffee table books about designers and not about design theory itself.

heard good things bout this one:

(click)

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Guys, could somebody do me a huge favor? If you own the book on Rei Kawakubo called ReFusing Fashion, could you scan the Harold Koda essay for me? TIA.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Could anyone recommend some good books on hands-on collection development in prét-a-porter to me? Thanks a bunch!

Comment

• gohn
                                • Mar 2009

If you would like to know more Japanes fashion, I recommand following book: The Front Line of Fashion

Paperback: 434 pages
                                Publisher: BNN, Inc. (August 15, 2009)
                                Language: English, Japanese
                                Price: $60 USD

Product Description
                                Sexy as an issue of Cosmopolitan, this fascinating volume presents thousands of runway and studio shots of the contemporary work of Japanese fashion designers. From Botanika, organic clothing designed to ''let people relax through the forces of nature'' to Ne-net, whose designs ''arise from the imagination and delusions of the designer,'' the 100 emerging talents featured are pushing the limits of international fashion. Each designer profile features an artistic statement as well as recent clothing lines. Experts including Ako Tanaka, fashion editor for Vogue Nippon, and Hayato Kohama, head women's wear buyer for Isetan, weigh in on the growth of fashion design in Japan. A must for anyone who wants to know where fashion is going next.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎