• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
    Probably he now hopes that KL might retire any time soon...
    Are you kidding? Lagerfeld is the vampire and fashion is his blood - that's what keeps him alive.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Are you kidding? Lagerfeld is the vampire and fashion is his blood - that's what keeps him alive.
      like armani. (incidentally, his staff are extremely frustrated by his combination of micro-management and good health. i've heard them say as much, those vultures... )

Comment

• ES3K
        • Oct 2008

Uh I missed this one but it fits into the scheme (sorry if already posted somewhere): in november last year Madame Wang teamed up with some German interweb entrepreneur who bought 12.5% of Lanvin.

Having in mind the "cheap" blazers... the relaunched website... now H&M... it all makes sense...

...at least:

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
        Didn't Bogart say "We'll always have Hermès!"? I tend to agree.

Comment

• ronin
          Banned
          • Dec 2009

That video reminds me of those body language 101 classes I had. I wouldn't hire him to advertise something, that's for sure.
          The first thing I did when I read about this collaboration was to re-read that style.com article that Faust posted here a few months ago. Because I thought that it didn't match what he said in the interview. But come to think about it, he did state that financial independance can be tough to deal with and was very evasive when the question of fast-fashion collaboration arised. Commercially speaking this may be a safe bet, ES3K's link sums up Lanvin to "effortless parisian chic" and this is something I hear from many clothing-illiterate people around me (no condescendency, I just mean people who like the idea of being fashionable and value the brand system over anything).

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

somebody make the bad man stop

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/...anvin_for.html

Comment

• eat me
              • May 2009

^ looks out of shape. So far. However the pic is so small, you can barely see anything.

Comment

• hurricane08
                • Nov 2008

This collab will have great success,i can feel it seeing the pictures...
                The only thing that Mr.Albez didn't mention is why should a woman continue buying lanvin dresses?

-for less money she can afford an h&m dress in the same quality as Elbaz mentioned(i couldn't see the difference with the originals ...)
                -just to live a drama when a college girl wears the same outfit ?

Comment

• Shucks
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                  ^ looks out of shape. So far. However the pic is so small, you can barely see anything.
                  but you know what the trainwreck will end up looking like.

"The full line includes clothes, jewelry, hats, shades, shoes, and lipstick"

jesus h christ.

Comment

• eat me
                    • May 2009

I'm thinking maybe I should snap some of this stuff up to sell off eBay later? Hmm...

Comment

• whitney
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
                      This collab will have great success,i can feel it seeing the pictures...
                      The only thing that Mr.Albez didn't mention is why should a woman continue buying lanvin dresses?

-for less money she can afford an h&m dress in the same quality as Elbaz mentioned(i couldn't see the difference with the originals ...)
                      -just to live a drama when a college girl wears the same outfit ?
                      if the quality is 100% same--which i doubt but i've eaten crow before--its only a collab and limited--the idea of cinderellas lining up for a chance to snag a piece of designer good, that actually is designed such and made such save a little H&M label tagged along--i dunno, isn't so disgusting. depends on how much was produced but seeing as how i didn't line up for CDG the first day and it wasn't there the next..if lanvins h&m production numbers follow it, it wouldn't be so bad.
                      you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• eat me
                        • May 2009

it can't possibly be the same quality. I mean, come on.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

I dunno; Kunk mentioned a few Lanvin shirts calling it a day after 3 or so wears. If you can buy an L&M shirt and wear it for a week straight...
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• hurricane08
                            • Nov 2008

You're right whitney, but after seeing the pics I'm starting to believe that Elbaz was right ,the result is pretty impressive and i think it will be difficult (at least for me) to realize if it's a lanvin dress or an h&mxlanvin late in the evening or in a fashion blog.

Comment

• whitney
                              • Dec 2009

that's true that far away you probably can't tell as much as if you were there next to that person..or if you were wearing it..as much as some of h&m stuff is made to look cute/appealing/etc from afar on display, once I get close and once I try it on it's another story. I like garments that fit and feels good as it looks

I don't think those who buy lanvin on a regular would care to line up, and like eat me I very much think it will be of the same quality..

but I still wanna see it in person, even though I don't plan on buying..I'm curious to see how the stitching, the cut, and the material..too bad I probably won't because I hate lining up..
                              you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
                                You're right whitney, but after seeing the pics I'm starting to believe that Elbaz was right ,the result is pretty impressive and i think it will be difficult (at least for me) to realize if it's a lanvin dress or an h&mxlanvin late in the evening or in a fashion blog.
                                I get CB2 catalogs at home. Every time I am tempted, I go into a CB2 store, I feel duped. It's such shit. But I also feel respect for the photographer who took those shots for the catalog. One of the greatest achievements of commercial photography is to make shit look like candy.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎