Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mononon
    • Sep 2009

did anybody actually get any of the collab here?
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• whitney
      • Dec 2009

didn't bother, i hate duking it out--

Get the best deals for lanvin h&m at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

crazy.
      you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

this looks really bad, my girlfriend said it looks exactly like what H&M usually puts out, what's the fucking point of slapping a "Lanvin X" next to it?! I can't believe people all over the (social) media are getting so hyped about this. Fuck it.
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• syed
          • Sep 2010

^ I totally agree. And even more so I have seen better looking stuff coming out of the high street when they copy a designer without the official collaboration!

I've seen the photographs of their 'fashion show' around the blogs and seen bloggers going crazy over the pieces (certain videos are available for viewing of "front row" bloggers, if you can stomach them). Mindless consumerism and label whoring to the max. Heck it is pretty much everything this forum's manifesto stands against.

I know people raise the issue of affordability - I personally am not really in a position to afford Lanvin straight off the rail, but I'll be damned if I decide to buy the collaboration simply because it is cheap. I think people are getting swept away by price (and label!) rather than judging the pieces on their individual merits.
          "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

the next step ...

Lanvin - high quality
            Lanvin x acne - high price
            Lanvin x h&m - high street
            Lanvin x Primark ? it might be better than this ...

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

It depends on the aims of the collaboration. Jil Sander for Uniqlo, for example, is how to do it the right way - high quality and not overly designed (although admittedly that has more to do with Jil's aesthetic). Of course you also have to wonder what the right way even is - H&M make more money this way.

Another collaboration I always found interesting, more in line with Lanvin for Primark (), was Liberty for Target. That was surprisingly nice to my eyes, although I suppose it has more to do with the fact that the 'Liberty' part of it was just the use of the prints. For cheap homeware, I would rather have the pretty version that the vanilla version, even though I would not expect the quality to be all that amazing.

I think the problem with H&M for Lanvin, is firstly the fact that it is so overly designed. High quality basics would be better. Alber saying that it was "H&M going luxury" is ridiculous - I don't think that it would be impossible, but in this instance it clearly is not true.

All said and done, it will bring in big bucks, and I guess that is what both Lanvin and H&M want.
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• CUTUP
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by whitney View Post
                didn't bother, i hate duking it out--

Get the best deals for lanvin h&m at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

crazy.
                Good lord

$500 buy it now for a pair of the collab shoes

and $800 for this http://cgi.ebay.com/LANVIN-x-H-M-Coc...item3f04f74b85

The funny thing is that some label whore will probably buy it at that price

I find it strange that society has latched on to this collab so strongly. Its amazing what happens when hype builds up, mindless consumerism at its finest

I truly believe that some of the buyers who are unfamiliar with true Lanvin quality think that what they are buying is on par with non collab Lanvin.
                Originally posted by marco-von
                this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

So I'm in Ohio for Thanksgiving and there's a new H&M store here with lots of Lanvin collab. left, I guess people around here don't know what it is. I'm contemplating buying some to ebay, but I would feel so dirty...
                  music

Comment

• Adams
                    • Nov 2010

just think that's a bit sad that all those houses and designers gave their name for H&M 's money... Who's next ? Margiela for H&M ? or Junya Watanabe maybe heh
                    C'est dans le noir que l'on voit le plus de lumières.

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by casem83 View Post
                      So I'm in Ohio for Thanksgiving and there's a new H&M store here with lots of Lanvin collab. left, I guess people around here don't know what it is. I'm contemplating buying some to ebay, but I would feel so dirty...
                      If there's collab stuff at the H&M near my house when I'm back for thanksgiving I know what I'm doing.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                        • Jan 2007

Is that stuff really selling for the ebay asking prices though? All the ones with BIN also have OBO and yet none of them seem to be selling.
                        Originally posted by jogu
                        i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• CUTUP
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
                          Is that stuff really selling for the ebay asking prices though? All the ones with BIN also have OBO and yet none of them seem to be selling.
                          I wouldnt be suprised

Give it some time, as it was just listed
                          Originally posted by marco-von
                          this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• whitney
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by CUTUP View Post
                            Good lord

$500 buy it now for a pair of the collab shoes

and $800 for this http://cgi.ebay.com/LANVIN-x-H-M-Coc...item3f04f74b85

The funny thing is that some label whore will probably buy it at that price

I find it strange that society has latched on to this collab so strongly. Its amazing what happens when hype builds up, mindless consumerism at its finest

I truly believe that some of the buyers who are unfamiliar with true Lanvin quality think that what they are buying is on par with non collab Lanvin.
                            people will always go for sales-- thats kind of like what collabs are to some, designer goods for a lower price. but the thing that kills me is that it isn't the same, and the prices aren't even that cheap for the amount of quality placed into making this collection--al totally lied.

the smart way to con is to make people think they're getting a great deal, call me overly suspicious, paranoid or just downright into conspiracies but you can mark up shit a great deal, and hope it sells at that price, but if needed you can sell it at x off of that retail price and still make a good lump of change in the process..so the customer gets it on sale is happy and you get your profit margin. the hard part is how to keep the customer thinking they're smart in buying--technology especially online forums and blogs is making it harder for companies to run things the way they used to.

oh well.

those who are foolish enough to pay 500/800 for something that is really more like 50/80, if even, shouldn't even have that type of money to begin with so might as well relieve them of it. of course, i'd believe it when i see it--its just a bit too much, especially considering lanvin rtw on sale is about that price range--
                            you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

another sad day for fashion and vacuous consumerism.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ES3K
                                • Oct 2008

Lanvin is going downhill. Last weekend my wife bought a silk blouse at a local store (sale price EUR 400, regular around 700 or so).

At home, I inspected it.

"Made in India".

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎