X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    One of the greatest achievements of commercial photography is to make shit look like candy.
    ohhhh yeahhhh...y'all don't know how many times I've fallen for this one. Might as well walk out with sucker branded on my forehead.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Teejay
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
      I dunno; Kunk mentioned a few Lanvin shirts calling it a day after 3 or so wears. If you can buy an L&M shirt and wear it for a week straight...
      Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I purchased a nice Lanvin dress shirt from Barney's and after two wears it became quite wrinkled. I don't have the best build for high fashion and assumed the shirt issue was because of that. On the other hand a dress shirt from h&m looked crisper after a few days of wear but did not last nearly as long as the Lanvin shirt.

Comment

• hurricane08
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I get CB2 catalogs at home. Every time I am tempted, I go into a CB2 store, I feel duped. It's such shit. But I also feel respect for the photographer who took those shots for the catalog. One of the greatest achievements of commercial photography is to make shit look like candy.
        sure,but what can you do?ball out with rick furniture? .Dresses are not bad for a non-fashion conscious girl who can't afford the 4 digits.Especially when i look the dress on the left.The worst thing of this collab is the appeal to a broad audience ,not exactly the collection.

Comment

• ironman
          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
          Unfortunately, I have to agree with this. I purchased a nice Lanvin dress shirt from Barney's and after two wears it became quite wrinkled. I don't have the best build for high fashion and assumed the shirt issue was because of that. On the other hand a dress shirt from h&m looked crisper after a few days of wear but did not last nearly as long as the Lanvin shirt.
          you think that Lanvin shirts are of poor quality because they wrinkle with wear?

Comment

• eat me
            • May 2009

I look at the pictures and they look cheap even on pictures. I can also imagine what they would feel like when touched.

Maybe the lipstick will be cool ;).

Comment

• gaitortrout
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
              ball out with rick furniture? .
              This is the first thing I'm doing with my money when I'm rich.
              pm me.

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

lol teej is a picky bish .

when i clicked the link and saw that tiny preview i was kinda surprised cos it looked pretty ... lanvin . i wanna see some of the menswear tho , anyone know if elbaz is doin the mens shit or lucas for h&m ?

Comment

• Teejay
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                  you think that Lanvin shirts are of poor quality because they wrinkle with wear?
                  No I do not think the quality is poor because the Lanvin shirt lasted much longer. However, the h&m shirt looked better after some wear while the Lanvin looked noticeably more distressed even though it was worn on fewer occasions.

Comment

• xeraphim
                    • Nov 2008

(images via selectism.com)

Comment

• eat me
                      • May 2009

^ yeah, not interested. All styling, no substance, as expected.

Comment

• jogu
                        • Jun 2009

hmm the stache reminds me too much of ss10 which was one of my least faves . was this designed by lucas or alber ? i dont see a damn thing that looks interestin

Comment

• xeraphim
                          • Nov 2008

^ lucas designed the menswear.

Comment

• syed
                            • Sep 2010

I now expect to see kids running around with huge pre-tied bow ties and ill fitting suits in the run up to Christmas. I am rather disappointed by how 'high street', for want of a better description, it looks. Although I suppose it was to be expected. It looks like it could have come out of a Topman/ASOS/Zara look book.
                            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• ironman
                              • Apr 2008

looks like they remade one of my favorite pair of lanvin shoes. the metallic derbies. this is completely just H&M banking on old re-hash designs of Lanvin

not cool. so not cool.

edit:

the metallic derby looks completely identical to my pair from ss08. exact same shape, same inset heel, and even the same shade of blue. i have lost a great deal of love and respect for Lanvin :(

$80? hope it's synthetic or plastic or some shit. wtf
                              Last edited by ironman; 11-02-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• xeraphim
                                • Nov 2008

^ an almost identical remake, in fact:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡