X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MASUGNEN
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
    that to me is ridiculous, whether in public or in private, hurtful and violent sentiments out to be kept in check, freedom of speech doesnt give any of us the right to express hateful and violent sentiments to others, whether that's in public or private.
    Possibly I agree, but remember this being written in a forum with as one of the most frequent »smileys«.

Comment

• sam_tem
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      I wish no evil for no one, but any day someone gets a gun and decides enough is enough, I bet everyone will get some sanity over at that so called "Church".................I certainly don't look forward to such a day
      well, i have a much cruder sense of humor cuz i'd find that hilarious. that's the thing, yes you have the right to be an idiot and speak your mind but you have to remember that in this country at least ,it's just as easy for some others to choose to give up their life and mow down a crowd of people with an assault rifle if they so choose.

as for galliano, dude definitely paid the price for being a high-profile figure and not controlling his consumption in public. however, i find it hard to vilify him without actually knowing him as a person since i know a ton of people that have said some very callous and improper things while being impaired under whatever substances they may be and destorying their livelihoods and burning them all at the stake is a bit counter-productive. wish i knew more about david mamet as it seems like he has quite a few quotes that would be quite fitting for this spectacle. there are some of us in general that have gravitated in much cruder circles (like me, see above) and have a decreased sensitivity to words that is probably way out of line with societies in general and i definitely see galliano fitting in there.

not sure exactly where galliano really stands on his resentment of the jews, but often times i wonder if society wouldn't better off by allowing people to make atonement for their actions rather than racing to decry them. you should see the comments people have made in the local news sites down here in the south regarding pictures of galliano though, hypocrisy is still in full effect.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

I can't believe we are actually still discussing this.
        Yes, media feeds on this shit and I am sure everyone at The Sun was high-fiving when that video surfaced but that's what it is.
        I think as a society we are generally way too lenient on celebrity and it breeds this kind of behavior, the feeling that you can be above the law and to see him punished in this way only feels fair to me and I for one am quite happy with this. And I am sure it was not a decision taken lightly by Dior.
        He will atone and I don't believe he's a raging neo-Nazi and anti-Semite but I feel at this point it's a just outcome for what has happened. Case closed?
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• tryptomine
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by ironman View Post
          is the only video available the roughly 37 seconds version where it basically starts with Galliano saying he loves Hitler?

i want to know what preceded it. i am curious to hear what the people recording it were saying to provoke him
          Absolutely agree with you. On video this chicks laughed at him and he just to shut them up said this words ! Also he was really drunk.

Why chicks like to mess with drunk people ! If they didn't mess with him, and even laughed, he will not said such words. My opinion.

we living in a free world ! and everybody can said what he or she likes !!! even bad things !

I think they wants to fire him ! and this was good way of doing it. Cause there were a lot of troubles with Marc Jacobs, Mcqueen and it was ok no one fired them. But with John they made this decision in 1 day !? crossed all his genius work in 1 day ???? 100% they want to fire him long ago! only need the chance to do it.

He is a genius and always will be !
          Last edited by tryptomine; 03-02-2011, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• sinbad
            • Dec 2009

It is his rights to speak.
            He Like Hitler, but he did not to make for be distressed
            other people.
            ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• agentred
              • Jul 2009

I'm jumping on this.

One: what he said was completely abhorrent and out of line.

Two: He really did not seem to mean what he said. Should we fine Mel Brooks for 'Springtime in Hitler'? Or Dave Chappelle for making an "I'm a black white supremacist" skit?

How many gay people would say they love hitler and mean it? Further, how many people focus a camera and start recording at the EXACT SECOND his triade starts? Then giggle while he says it?

Like I said, he's a gay Mauritian drinking in the Marais, of course it's the most awful thing he could've said, but it's meant as a condemnation of hitler, and gas chambers, and the holocaust. A condemnation, not an approval. And we're all condemning anti-semitism here. That's not disputable.

If there was no goading going on, and no "are you really not an anti-semite John? Are you really? Really? What would an anti-semite say, hypothetically speaking here?" then why don't they release the rest of the video?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                • Feb 2009

This will soon be forgotten. Most people gladly wear Hugo Boss to their private parts.
                Last edited by MASUGNEN; 03-03-2011, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• jogu
                  • Jun 2009

ya i think its pretty lame some lil twats decided to post that vid of him and cleverly leave out the shit that lead up to him gettin hostile . if they were so goddam insulted why the fuk stay there chuckling and secretly filming ? i aint defendin his comments at all , theyre wrong . but dam firing him cos some other people supposedly returned some dior purchases ? i also read that natalie portmans comments helped instigate the situation . man the only movie i ever saw her in was phantom menace and when i bought the vid game for it i hated her and loved trapping her behind a wall and lettin the battle droids have their way even if it meant havin to restart the whole level

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                    • Feb 2009

Are they siblings? The plot deepens.

Comment

• widmerpool
                      • Nov 2010

Some of you seem confused, there isn't any right of free speech in European countries and there never has been. There has always been statutory restraints, privacy laws, and now there is various hate speech legislation.

I doubt Galliano is actually antisemitic, and I doubt any court action will result in anything more than a slap on the wrist. On the other hand, he has clearly brought himself into disrepute and it's hardly surprising that Dior would fire him. He'll probably be back in a couple of years when he has done his penance.
                      http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ He is definitely anti-Semitic. There is no question about it. There is a repeated pattern of anti-Semitic speech - what else do you need?

I don't think there is a need for court action - public scorn is enough. And, yes, fashion (Kate Moss) and sports (Michael Vick) are excluded from the moral realm, so he will be back in a couple of years (probably even less).
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• widmerpool
                          • Nov 2010

I didn't realize that, I don't really follow him. Good riddance then.

I didn't know who Michael Vick was, but I have to say I'm surprised he could come back from that. I don't think an English footballer could come back after a prison sentence for cruelty to animals.
                          http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                            • Feb 2009

You have all forgotten that Coco Chanel dated a Nazi officer – in her little black dress!
                            Last edited by MASUGNEN; 03-03-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

charlie sheen got fired too and the hilarity that has ensued is way more interesting than this.

chris brown's new album fame is hugely anticipated. The next hottest thing in hip hop is Odd Future a revivial of the old rape girls down thier throats provacative punch line rap whos fan base is primarily 17 year old kids. were not as sensetive as we think. people will no doubt get over it. they will actually probably be laughing about it in no time as though it were satire. bamboozled.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                                • Nov 2009

A thought provoking take on the recent week in celebrity meltdowns from Cintra Wilson:

Award-winning news and culture, features breaking news, in-depth reporting and criticism on politics, science, food and entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎