X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
    well, this is a good news. His behavior didn't deserve this punishment.
    I agree, the judeo-masonic conspiracy destroys yet another creative mind out of spite for they stand against all life impulses.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
      I agree, the judeo-masonic conspiracy destroys yet another creative mind out of spite for they stand against all life impulses.
      I know you are not an idiot, so I take that as sarcasm (or you were drunk as Galliano when you typed this).
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        I know you are not an idiot, so I take that as sarcasm (or you were drunk as Galliano when you typed this).
        errr, c'mon, I am taking the piss out of a poster who thinks this was no small matter, which is especially jarring considering that about all we ask of designers is that they dont spew antisemitic bullshit or piss in airplane alleyway. You can delete if you think we have a neonazi audience but I believe it'll be ok.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Sorry, long day. Carry on!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

Maybe getting drunk at la Perle allows beings to be themselves in the world, to reference another fan of Hitler (this one is for BSR).

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              Maybe getting drunk at la Perle allows beings to be themselves in the world, to reference another fan of Hitler (this one is for BSR).
              Le Nurembar, l'autre nom de la Perle
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

ROUND 2...FIGHT!

John G wins first round in Dior Case(according to his lawyer)
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• malevich
                  • Jun 2012

impressive salary, i might say. i do hope he gets a friendly and more understanding closure from dior though, after all he made a huge and impressive work out there. Arnault just shows how greedy he is, why not settle it privately at roundtable with out further humiliation on both sides, no matter how big of a settlement galliano is asking, it wont be hurtful for arnault in terms of budget. they have been successful partners, why be so inhuman and intolerant? this fight would last for years

Comment

• Dragonsnake
                    • Oct 2012

I hope that JG sucks them dry - those hypocritical slugs. He is a genius designer. If liking Hitler make him what he is - why not ? He might have said Lenin ? Or Brigitte Bardot ? Is there any difference ? And who is to say what is right and what is wrong ? Bad taste - maybe, prohibited - I don't think so. The House of Dior trying to differentiate itself after idolizing him - hypocrisy. Putting all this "dirty underwear" in the public eye - idiocy. I don't think JG is fighting for the money. It's the psychological damage, shattered ego, smearing his public profile... transformed in money claim. If he was Madona he was going to fist push his opinion in our public throat, not shy away from the audience for 2 years.
                    So, JG - suck them dry.

Comment

• safeword123
                      • Jul 2008

link didn't work for me, but here is what the Cut reports

How much Galliano was paid for his work at his eponymous brand: An annual salary of 2 million euros ($2.6 million), minus a percentage dependent on how much money the house lost every year, since it never made a profit. He also got another annual clothing budget of 70,000 euros ($90,650).
                      could anyone help me understand why they kept operating the Galliano brand when it never made a profit?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Could've been in the contract when they bought the brand and made him the head of Dior.

Also, at this level, brands can be in the red for years but it still may mean millions of dollars in revenues. So they might want to pump money in it, reposition it, or try to offload it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
                          • Sep 2006

the working link is here:

it is said that:
                          "Yesterday, a court heard that Galliano - who was present for the trial - earned a €1 million (£858,900) annual salary at Christian Dior Couture, plus variable compensation of up to €700,000 (£601,000), and a percentage of the brand's annual sales rise. He was also given a yearly clothing budget of €30,000 (£25,700), and a grooming budget for personal appearances of €60,000 (£51,500). The designer also received a further €2 million (£1.7 million) per year for his work at his eponymous label and a percentage linked to the decrease in brand losses every year. The contract also entitled him to a second annual clothing and grooming budget totalling €100,000 (£85,800)."

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

No wonder he went mad from all these perks.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• byhand
                              • Dec 2011

Such a hefty "grooming budget" and he still looked like the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

Comment

• darkbydesign
                                • Sep 2010

^^Yeah, that's an amazing slew of benefits. A $75k grooming budget on top of a $50k clothing budget on top of being a millionaire is just sick.

I'm probably naive and this must happen at all the big fashion houses, but with that budget you'd wonder if they ever expected him to work as he'd just be out getting groomed and shopping.

When you are the head designer for a house like Dior, do you also have to do the business management, much like a CEO would, or are you literally more of a creative manager for fashion forward designs etc? I'm just curious as those benefits are pretty insane, so I'm curious about the responsibilities involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎