Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • delicious_not
    • Dec 2012

Y'all just don't want to hear anything but opinion of yours.

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    are you a$ap rocky?
    What a predictable comment.

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      that things are becoming more feminine and refined.
      i would rather they're both becoming more baroque (to the point of rococo) and cheap. refinement doesn't go well with ugly fabrics.
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

I don't think it's becoming more feminine. Look beyond the clogs and the few skirts that could be labelled feminine and it still pretty masculine, even outside of our reality distortion field (and yes - it depends on how you wear it, I don't think a single strap tank with a skirt screams testosterone). Mountain was 1930's men in the Alps on a ski holiday, Island has some really sharp 'suits'. The flowing skirt / poncho / cape thing has been part of his vocabulary from the start.

What I do realise is that I miss the more brutal simplicity that was refined by the materials (cashmeres, etc) rather than any structural embellishments. It's what I always come back to and why I really struggle with silver buttons on leathers, patches and multiple 'colours' on shirts and the overly complicated straps on the boots.
        I luckily realised the other day that I probably have enough clothing to last me for the rest of my life, provided I don't get fat, so while not giving up on new stuff, I can judge new collections without the fanboy mindset and only pick what speaks to me and there's still plenty that does.

Edit: I know what Eternal is talking about and it did look amazing, I'm hoping it's BONER.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

You know, diverting the clothing budget into personal training at this point is not a bad idea at all.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

TIGHT

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Dropt
              • May 2009

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
              His current direction is very appealing to me, a new customer (got my first stuff right off Mountains). I dig these street, urban vibes, hip-hop vibes even, i dig nearly formal suiting, and i'd never wear anything he did before this collection, just because the vibe is different.

Here's my humble contribution to your message :

Comment

• delicious_not
                • Dec 2012

What's wrong with my post? Is it wrong to have an opinion different than yours? You guys are snobin' so fuckin' hard is this thread. Damn... Kool out dudes.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

go drown in a rick dress

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

this thread gets better with each new post
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• messenoire
                      • Nov 2009

after looking through this with the anticipation of fw13 happening i can safely say that wearing legwarmers in the summer is retarded.

Comment

• stemcell
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                        after looking through this with the anticipation of fw13 happening i can safely say that wearing legwarmers in the summer is retarded.
                        But that is like saying wearing pants in the summer is retarded.
                        Wearing leg warmers with pants would be retarded, but on the runway it just turns shorts into pants with a lil vent.

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

knits tend to be a bit more toasty than your average pair of pants, so I see his point.
                          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
                            But that is like saying wearing pants in the summer is retarded.
                            Wearing leg warmers with pants would be retarded, but on the runway it just turns shorts into pants with a lil vent.
                            i can see that as he sort of did away with his vented pants from earlier collections so it's a continuation of the idea. just the idea of wear anything with "Warmer" in the name during the summer just makes me think of superfluous design but it did indeed work on the runway.

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

Rick Owens? Knits? Warm?

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

yes, nothing wrong with leg warmers in summer. you guys have lost your fucking minds.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎