Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • schemedream
    • Jan 2013

It's amazing that this collection has elicited the gamut of reactions. I think it's safe to assume that Rick Owens is winning.

I like some of it. Other parts of it are causing strange reactions internally. My first reaction was that I could pull a lot of similar pieces out of my ex girlfriends closet...and that they would look gorgeous on her. Not me. Other parts of me are glad people are pushing the envelop in changing the perceived paradigm of sexuality induced by clothing, but what do I know? I do know that if I wore half that shit I'd probably get threatened with violence, mostly by my friends

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

So...I hate the new zipper pulls. The old one felt as strong as a house key. The new one feels closer to a key that opens a tin cashbox. A small thing, but still...

Also, the leathers continue to be made in Moldova, if anyone's curious. Quality is still the same, washed calf (code LT) is the same used last season, so no weight difference between fw and ss, only the lining. Also, no inside strap.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

^f/w coats now have inside straps. seems he has lowered price point on basic leathers to 2.2-2.5k with a few premium leathers used each season for 1k more.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I'm okay with them being made in Moldova if it means saving a grand.

We're the straps on the ss before? I have a trench that has one, but I can't recall what season it's from. Doesn't really matter, I've never used the strap anyway I guess.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by schemedream View Post
            I like some of it. Other parts of it are causing strange reactions internally. My first reaction was that I could pull a lot of similar pieces out of my ex girlfriends closet...and that they would look gorgeous on her. Not me. Other parts of me are glad people are pushing the envelop in changing the perceived paradigm of sexuality induced by clothing, but what do I know? I do know that if I wore half that shit I'd probably get threatened with violence, mostly by my friends
            welcome to rick owens

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            It's not a small thing. It ruins EVERYTHING. I was quite disappointed to see the same zippers in the FW 13 as well. And I am not being a geek here - zippers are too important of a detail on Rick's (and everyone's) jackets not to notice.
            maybe we can make one of those online petitions asking for a return to the old zipper and send it to rick?
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

zipper discussion moved here:

Comment

• crowboy
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by The Great Destroyer View Post
                The name of the collection is Island and I can only agree with you Jogu, 10 out of 10.
                10 out of 10 for me to.. Love the long bomber!

Comment

• xeraphim
                  • Nov 2008

memphis trousers??

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Those are awkward.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Shitty photography and styling, methinks. Pair them with a taller boot and don't shoot from above and I think we'd be looking at a different pair of pants.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

Indeed Faust is correct, the angle+styling = Shit.

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

I think those look pretty awesome, better than the jeans IMO. Now someone gift me $1000 pls.
                          music

Comment

• etgreg
                            • Jan 2011

I like this version, but the jeans seem to have more continuity between the different materials. I can't wait until the leather version arrives for the fall season.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Has anyone come across the honey coloured long sleeves from this season. I can only find T's online and RO London didn't buy them...
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mochachilled
                                • Jul 2012

Sorry, may i ask whats the hype around memphis pants?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎