• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Dior Homme F/W 07-08

I really love this, there is something very dynamic in the way he is moving and the clothes work for that - the opening of the coat on the bottom, the neck-piece adding a bit of nonchalance, the vest adding a little roughness, very confident without being cocky.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mike
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

I am just happy that Hedi is not doing any homages or any rock'n'roll BS, because honestly that's done and over. Thumbs up, overall.
      [/quote]

Well apparently this collection was inspired by the drummer of These New Puritans...

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

So, is anyone going to consider wearing the diaper pants? I know Karlo at Atelier has been wearing his for years, but now that Hedi has given his stamp of approval for them, will people suddenly want them?

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

I like them, Bakla. They don't look like diapers to me--more like the effect of a skirt over trousers. I've always liked this when CDG/Junya have done it. I wonder though--how mobile are you when the crotch of your pants is between your knees? [*-)]
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• pactum
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="pactum"]this is a fantastic collection! I totally LOVE the long arms, all the black, the boots, some draping etc. Maybe best since strip?
            [/quote]

You just described an Ann Demeulemeester collection... of which some elements are present here, as casem pointed out. That's Ok though, I don't mind. I think it's a solid collection. There are still very Hedi elements I think - very sharp shoulders coupled with a slim silhouette.

[/quote]

Well, I thought about that too when I wrote my comment.[:)] It's very Ann D yes, and I don't mind it either. Actually, for once for the past seasons I think that Hedi manages better than Ann does. But, that is the runwaycollection and of course in store, atleast Ann Ds quality superiors DHs... Let´s just hope this seasons quality will be good beacuse I´ve already started to save money for this...

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

I am wanting that geometric print blazer more and more, I hope it's not like $3000. I'm amazed on another forum, many don't like this collection because it's not in keeping with the past few (post VOTC collections). I guess I assumedeveryone agreed that things had gone downhill since VOTC but apparently there's a group of people that actually prefer the more recent stuff. Anyway, I'm glad most on this forum agree it's a true return to form.

music

Comment

• mike
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

Anyway, I'm glad most on this forum agree it's a true return to form.

[/quote]

I think that can only be said if the quality isn't shit!

Comment

• mass
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

I am wanting that geometric print blazer more and more, I hope it's not like $3000.

[/quote]

nah, it'll probably be more like 2000$ :P

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Bien sur!

[quote user="mike"][quote user="casem83"]

Anyway, I'm glad most on this forum agree it's a true return to form.

[/quote]

I think that can only be said if the quality isn't shit!

[/quote]
                    music

Comment

• mike
                      • Dec 2006

On second look, some ofthe pieces look quite nice (the belted trench looks great)...unfortunately I can't get around those "drop crotch" pants or the Doc Marten boots. Those are two key contributors to the collection but they just don't seem very versatile. I guess it's not "me." But as I said earlier some of the jackets do look exquisite.

Comment

• Super_model
                        • Feb 2007

Hey, people! Can someone tell me is it true what I heard - in many forums and fashion blogs I saw that Hedi Slimane will be replaced by two twins from Bulgaria named Sapundjievi.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Super_model"]Hey, people! Can someone tell me is it true what I heard - in many forums and fashion blogs I saw that Hedi Slimane will be replaced by two twins from Bulgaria named Sapundjievi.[/quote]

I heard he'll be replaced by Ren and Stimpy... or was that Beavis and Butthead?... or 2 Stupid Dogs?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

Thought I'd quote (without his permission so I hope he doesn't mind) tricotetc's summary of this collection from tFS. It is EXACTLY what I think of it. In particular I have always doubted the whole grungy layering thing at DH.....whenever I see it in the store, everything is so pristene - nothing is washed or crumpled, all the holes are so obviously machine made and uniform....it's all so contrived. This collection just seemed like a commercial re-run of some previous themes.

"I think this is looking quite desperate, seen as a collection in it's entirety.

the layering and the mix and match of colours and patterns doesn't work for me at dior, it's by far too slick and clean to look believably 'grungy'.

Ialso don't think there's any news to take out from here except from a couple showpieces that in the end, noone is going to buy. the formula is still classic (and commercial) dior homme: peacoats in drap de laine, trenches, the inevitable saharienne and the leather blouson. in a palette of black, grey melange, beige, antracite.

i doubt that the quality has gone down as far as to say that you would desperately need a second of basically the same item you already bought a couple seasons ago
                            ."

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ true, but that's what DH is. Never claimed to be non-polished. It always has been polished. Polished, luxe rock. And I disagree with tricot, it's not about people who bought this at VoTC, it's about people like casem, who haven't bought it back then.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• q\\hedi//p
                                • Feb 2007

I think what stands out most in this collection versus past DH collections are the cuts of the jackets and pants.
                                They are still very slim but have bigger, rounder shoulders and lower crotches.

BTW I LOVE the sleeves that go past the hands, i think they're frickin gorgeous

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎