X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Dior Homme F/W 07-08

Wow, some really nice stuff, though I must admit some of it is kinda blah without the styling. Thanks for posting, it reminds me that I should really try not to spend too much this season. I'm in love with this sweater:

music

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="heptagenid"]

Here you can view several sample pieces.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot for posting!

The cardigans look fantastic, but the outerwear is shit. ALL accessories are ripped off from Helmut Lang. This will be another flop, unfortunately, and the abundance of tshirts and sneakers is another testament to this. 20 models of tshirts for Fall-Winter? Give me a break.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• heptagenid
        • Apr 2007

Here are two more links, but the pictures are quite small. The first link seems to be the complete look book including prices. I agree that there are a few nice pieces.

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

The sweaters and formal jackets/coats are ridiculously derivative of Raf Simons AW 05/06.

Comment

• casem
            • Sep 2006

My highlights from luisaviaroma. I'm cautiously excited, because I thought I liked SS 07 but it turned out to be a total bust without the runway styling. Looks like some promising pieces for winter, it'll be a tough decision between one of these coats and one from Ann D.

music

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Casem, I predict you will be disappointed once again when you see these in person. I don't like anything here, except the sleeveless coat, which he ripped off from Raf Simons as dontbecruel pointed out.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nairb49
                • Dec 2006

I'm dissapointed, very unimpressed. But imagine the revenue he'll pull in with the 20 t-shirt designs/sneakers at 200/500 a pop....

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

For those interested, I got to look through the F/W 07-08 book yesterday at Dior. I really had my heart set on this blazer and was preparing to pay retail for it, but it's not being produced! I looked down the line of stores and none of them will be getting it (even paris). Strange, I thought it was the nicest thing in the collection and Dior homme usually produces everything from the show, even the really ridiculous stuff.

I did put my name down for this, I like it but I'm afraid it may come off as a bit gimmicky...

I liked this blazer aswell, and surprise, they already have it in store. It came of as kinda cheap in person, the black satin trim didn't seem very nice and the material of the jacket was really light. The sizing was quite big, IT 44 fit me and I am NOT that skinny. I wonder if all the sizes will be big to reflect the more relaxed tailoring and layering of the collection...

Overall, I think like last winter the best pieces will be the more traditional ones. Dior still does tailoring really well and things like the tweed jacket (posted from LVR) look really nice. I also like the cobweb sweaters and the prices aren't bad for those. It shouldn't be a total bust for me like S/S 07 was, but I think much of the clothes will look on the plain/conservative side without the runway layering and styling.

music

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Man, I'm surprised that blazer isn't going to be available, that was one of the few pieces I liked from the upcoming season.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Seconded!

That gray polygonal blazer was THE piece I liked from the runway. I'm really surprised it isn't getting produced especially because of the shirts and that other blazer that echo that pattern which seems to carry throughout the collection (at least on the runway presentation)!

Ah well, more money to spend elsewhere!

The last gray with black details jacket is so much like the "Chanel" jacket from 2 seasons ago it's almost disappointing. From what you describe of the construction too Casem it's a further disappointment. Still probably charging around $1300-1500 for it though right? Bastards.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Seconded!

That gray polygonal blazer was THE piece I liked from the runway. I'm really surprised it isn't getting produced especially because of the shirts and that other blazer that echo that pattern which seems to carry throughout the collection (at least on the runway presentation)!

Ah well, more money to spend elsewhere!

The last gray with black details jacket is so much like the "Chanel" jacket from 2 seasons ago it's almost disappointing. From what you describe of the construction too Casem it's a further disappointment. Still probably charging around $1300-1500 for it though right? Bastards.

[/quote]

That original Chanel blazer is probably one of my favorite DH pieces. Is it actually shown? I've never seen it in my quicky browsing of the more recent collections. Far too expensive for me, and I've personally never seen a jacket that looked like it either at a cheaper price.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mesh
                          • Dec 2006

I dislike dh but this is fucking dope

Comment

• skecr8r_l8r
                            • Apr 2007

I find it hard to believe that one would dislike the entirety of the
                            DH A/W07 collection, some of the pieces will definitely be extremely
                            well-tailored and of a very decent quality. But of course, it's getting
                            more and more popular to snug at Hedi instead of at DH(=LVMH), which I
                            honestly think is where the problem is buried.

The crap:cool ratio has just skyrocketed once again. I want the long scarves at 127?.

Comment

• mass
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="skecr8r_l8r"]

But of course, it's getting

[/quote]

agreed.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="skecr8r_l8r"]

I find it hard to believe that one would dislike the entirety of the
                                DH A/W07 collection, some of the pieces will definitely be extremely
                                well-tailored and of a very decent quality. But of course, it's getting

The crap:cool ratio has just skyrocketed once again. I want the long scarves at 127?.

[/quote]

I think some of it may be due to people comparing his older collections to the more recent. I personally was never fond of Hedi/Dior from the get go, but I appreciate his work as a designer and what he has done to bring a slimmer silhouette to the modern man. I'll still buy the jeans though, I love 'em.
                                On another note, I think the quality control on Dior items is pretty hit and miss. Even my favorite item from Dior (the denim) has it's problems; the clasp at the waist, stitching, etc. For the price, it just seems so mediocre to me.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎