• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Dior Homme F/W 07-08

[quote user="q\\hedi//p"]I think what stands out most in this collection versus past DH collections are the cuts of the jackets and pants.
    They are still very slim but have bigger, rounder shoulders and lower crotches.

BTW I LOVE the sleeves that go past the hands, i think they're frickin gorgeous

[/quote]

Another nod to Ann (I guess I'll never get tired of saying that).

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

There has been quite a fuss elsewhere over the presence of a black model in this show. [*-)]

Thoughts? I found it [the fuss] rather bewildering.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

There has been quite a fuss elsewhere over the presence of a black model in this show. [*-)]

[/quote]

Yea, I saw that. I didn't even notice until I read all those hissy fits on tFS. Weird.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• macuser3of5
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="laika"]

[/quote]

Yea, I saw that. I didn't even notice until I read all those hissy fits on tFS. Weird.

[/quote]
          I personally loved all the 'I'm not racist but..." comments. Sheesh.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

macuser, I meant to ask you, what is this incredibly freaky avatar you have?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nqth
              • Sep 2006

The nicest pieces in the collection is actually pieces pplwear in the street for quite sometime. Bigger coat + skinny pants. It's look so familar.

But i think a statement maker are really the pants:-)) I am wondering if Zara and HM will do it.

Comment

• macuser3of5
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]macuser, I meant to ask you, what is this incredibly freaky avatar you have?
                [/quote]
                [:D] It's Josef Beuys, 50s-60s performance artist (they called their little group Fluxus)... It's a picture from his most reknown work, How to Explain Pictures to a Dead Hare
                Beuys?s first solo exhibition in a private gallery was opened on November 26, 1965 with one of the artist?s most famous and compelling performances: How to Explain Pictures to a Dead Hare. The artist could be viewed through the glass of the gallery?s window. His face was covered in honey and gold leaf, an iron slab was attached to his boot. In his arms he cradled a dead hare, into whose ear he mumbled muffled noises as well as explanations of the drawings that lined the walls. Such materials and actions had specific symbolic value for Beuys. For example, honey was the product of bees who, for Beuys (following Rudolf Steiner), represented as ideal society of warmth and brotherhood. Gold had its importance within alchemical enquiry, and iron, the metal of Mars, stood for a masculine principle of strength and connection to the earth. Beuys produced many such spectacular, ritualistic performances, and he developed a compelling persona whereby he took on a liminal, shamanistic role, as if to enable passage between different physical and spiritual states. Further examples of such performances include: EURASIA (1965), Celtic (Kinloch Rannoch) Scottish Symphony (1970), and I Like America and America Likes Me (1974).
                I'm a fan of his overall philosophy and methodology; the idea of ritual (flesh and method) in a modern context. [:)]

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"][quote user="Faust"]macuser, I meant to ask you, what is this incredibly freaky avatar you have?
                  [/quote]
                  [:D] It's Josef Beuys, 50s-60s performance artist (they called their little group Fluxus)... It's a picture from his most reknown work, How to Explain Pictures to a Dead Hare
                  Beuys?s first solo exhibition in a private gallery was opened on November 26, 1965 with one of the artist?s most famous and compelling performances: How to Explain Pictures to a Dead Hare. The artist could be viewed through the glass of the gallery?s window. His face was covered in honey and gold leaf, an iron slab was attached to his boot. In his arms he cradled a dead hare, into whose ear he mumbled muffled noises as well as explanations of the drawings that lined the walls. Such materials and actions had specific symbolic value for Beuys. For example, honey was the product of bees who, for Beuys (following Rudolf Steiner), represented as ideal society of warmth and brotherhood. Gold had its importance within alchemical enquiry, and iron, the metal of Mars, stood for a masculine principle of strength and connection to the earth. Beuys produced many such spectacular, ritualistic performances, and he developed a compelling persona whereby he took on a liminal, shamanistic role, as if to enable passage between different physical and spiritual states. Further examples of such performances include: EURASIA (1965), Celtic (Kinloch Rannoch) Scottish Symphony (1970), and I Like America and America Likes Me (1974).
                  I'm a fan of his overall philosophy and methodology; the idea of ritual (flesh and method) in a modern context. [:)]

[/quote]

I have a fantastic book on Beuys and everytime I see your avatar it inspires me to pull it out.
                  WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• wild_whiskey
                    • Oct 2006

Hedi is proving once again that he's more interested in over-grazing than he is designing. Though I admit he makes one of the fastest cycles through generational stylings than any other designer I've seen recently. I can't believe we're already back at new wave (again!).

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks, macuser. You succeeded in freaking me out even more. [:|]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• matthewhk
                        • Jan 2007

[quote user="wild_whiskey"]Hedi is proving once again that he's more interested in over-grazing than he is designing. Though I admit he makes one of the fastest cycles through generational stylings than any other designer I've seen recently. I can't believe we're already back at new wave (again!).
                        [/quote]

yeah...i also agree with the post above that mentions the inconsistency between hedi's runway presentation and the actual clothes that ends up in stores. While the styling works based on these photos, the way the clothes end up being made just doesn't seem as natural for that kind of look as something from Ann D. would. The finish and fabrics are too polished, and the construction/tailoring too rigid for the kind of slouchy layering that the pics have me believe would work.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

man, if I see that disgusting satin-like cotton on Dior coats again, I swear I won't even look its way anymore - it will join the clan of 3rd floor Barneys brands that I pass by, which for now consist of Dolce, Jacobs, Balenciaga, Gucci, Costume, and Paul Smith. This is your last chance, Hedi, you hear me?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• heptagenid
                            • Apr 2007

Here you can view several sample pieces.

Comment

• Kodak
                              • Oct 2006

I actually really like the pieces. The only thing I dislike are some some of the belts and most of the sneakers.

Comment

• soultek
                                • Feb 2007

I like some of the things he has done with collars. nice stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎