X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Dior Homme F/W 07-08

Im surprised youre not (rather... was not) a Hedi fan Cas but I understand as well. His early collections were really quite something to behold though. Really nothing else like it on the market at that time.

The thing about Hedi pieces is that his key collections really are not timeless. Sure his suits are and some of the coats but the rest of it is designed in such a way that it has his signature "young" look to it. A 40 year old man wearing the Luster napoleon jacket just wouldnt look right. Hell, it looked pretty crazy when I used to wear it and Im in his target age group!

The quality has absolutely gone downhill as the seasons progress. Detailed stitchwork, structured and great fabrics arent used as much as before, and you read more and more about items breaking down and losing components (the crystal studded polo from a season or two ago lost crystals almost right away!).

I went from a closet that was 90% DH to something like 8 pieces now that I still wear and none of them are the crazy ones (a few dress shirts, a suit, boots, couple jeans and belt). His suits are still absolutely amazing and some of the best pret-a-porter suits money can buy. Every time I wear my black 2 button DH suit I get compliments.

The jeans and DH denim in general I feel has been a bit overhyped as it became the "it" jean to have. The cut is nice and of course so is the construction and the extra long hem essentially was brought into the mainstream by Hedi but in the end, there are SOOOOOO many denim options out there that are comparable. Hell, I wear my Uniqlo raw denims more than my DH jeans! For the full retail price of DH jeans, you can do just as well with less cash.

Some interesting pieces this season though (as it is essentially a retrospective collection). May warrant a closer look in stores where it hopefully (hopefully!) will not disappoint! It will be interesting to see both what Hedi does for his solo collection and what KVA does for Dior.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I would venture to (hopefully) say that his own line will be better. Gucci & Co. use excellent production facilities and produce high quality stuff. I hate the brand, but it's quality. So, I hope it'll extend to Hedi's own line.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I would venture to (hopefully) say that his own line will be better. Gucci & Co. use excellent production facilities and produce high quality stuff. I hate the brand, but it's quality. So, I hope it'll extend to Hedi's own line.
        [/quote]

This is what I am hoping for. I wonder if the price points will generally be the same as before?

Albert- I've always wanted a suit from DH (was just looking for dresswear at other places and there is absolutely nothing in slim fit!), but untill lately I haven't really needed a reason for one. I think I may rectify that soon. But other than that, his clothing has always struck me as very plain and monotonous. Although I did appreciate his previous collections a whole lot more, especially on the runway. But in real life it all just looked so bland to me.
        I would agree about the jeans as well. The real reason I like them is for the fit, myself being 6'3", I really like the inseam. [:)] Hate the damn clasp at the waist though!
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Hehe, I hear ya. Sometimes the pieces are indeed bland in real life... lots of meh pieces paired with "showstopper" pieces is what the more recent collections have in common at DH.

I too am really interested to see what Hedi does with his own personal line. Will he carry through the rock theme or abandon it entirely in a clean-slate start method?

Can't wait to find out!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Purity
            • Apr 2007

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

Seconded!

That gray polygonal blazer was THE piece I liked from the runway. I'm really surprised it isn't getting produced especially because of the shirts and that other blazer that echo that pattern which seems to carry throughout the collection (at least on the runway presentation)!

Ah well, more money to spend elsewhere!

The last gray with black details jacket is so much like the "Chanel" jacket from 2 seasons ago it's almost disappointing. From what you describe of the construction too Casem it's a further disappointment. Still probably charging around $1300-1500 for it though right? Bastards.

[/quote]

That original Chanel blazer is probably one of my favorite DH pieces. Is it actually shown? I've never seen it in my quicky browsing of the more recent collections. Far too expensive for me, and I've personally never seen a jacket that looked like it either at a cheaper price.
            [/quote]

Yes it was shown: http://www.men.style.com/slideshows/...WAY/00130m.jpg

I also love that blazer, its very simple yet very uniqe. I tried getting ahold of it for awhile but i never found it..

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

So I was flipping through the new issue of Wallpaper magazine today and saw that geometric print blazer and also saw the price of 9,000 Euro...Has anyone seen this piece in person? Is it really that expensive?
              It's maybe the only piece I like from the F/W collection.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

9000 euros.... bah.

Looks like it's actually stitched in geometric shapes... not that that justifies anything near a $10k price tag (remember what $10 could buy you in earlier DH?).

Way to shit on your audience Hedi. Right before you leave eh?

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Haha, yea 10k is a tad outrageous. From the closeup I saw on msn's dior group, it looks like stiched sequins or something. It's too bad that he wouldn't offer a printed version for a fraction of the price.

My head is hurting from all these high prices....[:'(]

Comment

• grapist
                    • Sep 2007

I've seen a shirt with a similar pattern at the DH NYC boutique. I think it was like $350. But 9k Euros? What the fuck?

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="grapist"]

I've seen a shirt with a similar pattern at the DH NYC boutique. I think it was like $350. But 9k Euros? What the fuck?

[/quote]

Yea, I think there's a hoodie too. Haha, I was hoping you would chime in grapist; Hoping you might have seen it. I guess this thing is rare..

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="grapist"]

[/quote]

On a completely unrelated note, grapist's avatar is really doing it for me.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• TypicalFashion
                          • Mar 2007

yeah, i have seen it, the price is such because of all the hand stitching, those are all small beads actually.

Comment

• ardeetee
                            • Apr 2007

There's also a black version with white geometric shapes... I walked by it and it appeared to be printed, but didn't look at it that closely. That price tag is amazing, I'll have to take a closer look next time.

Comment

• Orochi
                              • Sep 2007

I've seen this shopper in several Asian magazines and really like it (I basically like anything in coated canvas), but I have a feelingI'd find itflimsy and poorly made in person, the same way I've found most of DH's accessories.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎