• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Wishlists!

crap, that isn't even everything. [^o)]

I'd also like a bordeaux or rust colored dress and some MMM flats--like the pink ones in this pic, but in brown or dark purple leather (they have a concealed wedge and slightly upturned toe):

And perhaps one of the long sheer Dries knits (doubt they will be left at the sales though)

I'm awfully greedy, I know...this is just such a good season for basic, long-term items....really. [73]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

right now:

1. lanvin hooded fur trim coat - awesome coat, but will try and wait for barney's sale (crosses finger)

2. label under construction heavy cotton pants - tried these on and really liked the fit, although the gf thought they were a bit unflattering. hopefully my size at A will still be around

3. m.a + wool hooded jacket - this is contingent on me being able to try it on in the right size. i feel like my initial assessment of the coat may have been a bit off.

4. black jeans/washed jeans - probably going to look towards n(n) for these.

5. wish to not buy anymore pull overs - my biggest weakness. i hope i don't buy more of them.

6. berluti whole cut shoes

7. another suit - jil sander, raf, dior?

"Black pants- something that is slim but not tight, not too dressy but not too casual either. Who knew it could be so hard!"

albert, have you tried on the ccp black rain trousers? i got mine from bellapietra (thxxxxxx) and they're perfect. enough detail to give them that inbetween casual/formal look and the cut is slim, but not skin tight.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

Only the 2 things at the moment.

1. black cashmere overcoat

2. ma+ skinny wishbone belt. At least I know what belt I want now. Just need to make the call over to A. Keep remembering after store hours. [:(]

Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Laika, those Yohji boots are ill [Y]
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Laika, I really like everything on your list. Like Faust said, those Yohji boots are sick!

My revised wishlist....

CDiem boots (I'm really leaning toward springing for the cordovan boots, they're just perfect...)

CCP charcoal, textured crew neck sweater (like the one on minority-rev, I need sweaters badly)
            CCP charcoal gloved knit turtleneck (love the gloved swag) :)

Jil Sander narrow wool flannel pants in black (perfect black pant!)

Alexander McQueen cotton oversized turtleneck shirt (looks so sick!)

Dries Van Noten asymmetrical cardigan in black (Does anyone have this?! I neeed it!)

Lanvin black leather & satin ankle strap sneakers
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• klangspiel
              • Apr 2007

Perhaps more of a knee-jerk reaction than anything well deliberated but at the moment, I'm quite taken by this LUC moleskin jacket:

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

That Isabel Marant mini-skirt and Dries bag are nipping at my heart. Beautiful pieces. Anyone know if the Beverly Hills Barneys is stocking the DVN bag?

Laika, Do you know where one can pick up that double hooded scarf? I think I want to nab it for myself. Any other pieces that you might suggest? I ask because my wife's birthday is coming up and I need for this one to be special. A woman's input here is invaluable.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• CHRIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

cas, i also need that dries cardigan. it's only like, 300 EUR at the antwerp boutique.assumingno one in the states bought it, do you wanna do a buy together, and save on shipping costs? that is,if they're willingto shiphere... i know ann's boutique wont. ill give them a call tonight if i dont fall asleep first.

laika, you have such fabulous taste!

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Chris, count me in! That would be great if they would ship to the states.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• theRenaissance
                      • Jan 2007

ma+ skinny/medium wishbone belt

How much do they cost over at A? 260?

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

Cas I really like that ccp knit, I hope A will have it next week when I get there.

I'm really thinking about the scored patent lanvin lace ups since I can't find the plain black ones, faust what do you think? I've yet to handle them.

I also need to pick up the matching belt, does the madison store have the black one?

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"]

That Isabel Marant mini-skirt and Dries bag are nipping at my heart. Beautiful pieces. Anyone know if the Beverly Hills Barneys is stocking the DVN bag?

Laika, Do you know where one can pick up that double hooded scarf? I think I want to nab it for myself. Any other pieces that you might suggest? I ask because my wife's birthday is coming up and I need for this one to be special. A woman's input here is invaluable.

[/quote]

I'll pm you about the scarf. [51]

The IM skirt is fantastic but it's insanely short...I need to see if I am actually brave enough to pull it off...with very opaque tights, I think it should be ok. I am having an inexplicable craving for mini-skirts this season. Must be to counter all the boxy Yohji knits I've been after. [:$]

The Dries bag comes in 3 different sizes--the largest is almost like a messenger bag and the smallest is the runway size. Our Barney's has all three variations. I'm sure Barney's BH has it, or could get it for you from the NY store.

I like this idea of giving gift suggestions...what is your wife's taste like? What does she usually wear?

CHRIS, the feeling is mutual, darling. [66]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Laika, those Yohji boots are ill [Y]
                            [/quote]

Aren't they just? I especially love the way they are styled in that picture. [64] I can't imagine I'll be able to find them though...Anastasia is already sold out of my size. [:(]

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i'm looking for a MA+ cross t shirt from last season or this, would appreciate any help.
                              p nod
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

[quote user="laika"][quote user="DHC"]

[/quote]

I'll pm you about the scarf. [51]

The IM skirt is fantastic but it's insanely short...I need to see if I am actually brave enough to pull it off...with very opaque tights, I think it should be ok. I am having an inexplicable craving for mini-skirts this season. Must be to counter all the boxy Yohji knits I've been after. [:$]

The Dries bag comes in 3 different sizes--the largest is almost like a messenger bag and the smallest is the runway size. Our Barney's has all three variations. I'm sure Barney's BH has it, or could get it for you from the NY store.

I like this idea of giving gift suggestions...what is your wife's taste like? What does she usually wear?

CHRIS, the feeling is mutual, darling. [66]

[/quote]

Perhaps this should be a thread all its own.

My wife's taste tends to change with the turning of the tide. I've been noticing that she's been picking up some Rick Owens and a lot of David Szeto. I don't know if this helps. [^o)]

Sartorialoft

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎