X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
    Most of anns garments fits 1 or 2 sizes larger than the tagged size. XXS=44 XS=46 S=48 and so on.
    Personally i dont like that piece at all, but i despise cuffs (i can live with sleeve cuffs but on waist and neck? no, do not want) and "hidden button" closure in general.
    Be careful about this advice if you're broad-shouldered or long armed. While ann shirts in M or L fit me through the body, most are narrow/just right in the shoulders in an XL. I'm broad shouldered, but no football player. Also, her tops have surprisingly short sleeves.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• quiet noise
      Banned
      • Dec 2008

theetruscan: Well put. it seems almost as if ann designed her clothes with stocky men with short arms and narrow shoulders in mind.

Oh, While we are at it, have any of you guys from NyC actually bought anything from the J Peterman catalouge?
      Last edited by quiet noise; 10-15-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• bluespring
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by hellogoodbye View Post
        I had a question about Number (N)ine jeans. Is there a way to distinguish which cut is which. I was told that there are different cuts -slim straight, tapered, and super skinny- but I am not sure how to tell a tapered cut from a super skinny cut.
        The tapered cut got more leg room in the thighs. Super skinny would be really slim/skinny all the way down. I remember they had like lil notes how their jeans fit on the jeans racked in the NYC N(N) store.

Comment

• cabl3
          • Dec 2008

Gonna be in Austin this weekend..I know its far fetched but any good shops there? I doubt I'd be able to find anything like Ann D or RO there, though I'd still like some recommendations.
          "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
          - Wilde

Comment

• mike
            • Dec 2006

what is the difference between the LP leather and the LR leather?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
              theetruscan: Well put. it seems almost as if ann designed her clothes with stocky men with short arms and narrow shoulders in mind.

Oh, While we are at it, have any of you guys from NyC actually bought anything from the J Peterman catalouge?
              What are you talking about? Ann's arms are always long. And the clothes are only oversized by Hedi Slimane standards. Keep in mind that Ann is about layering, so there is room for that. Anyway, S fits a 48 spot on - which is exactly how most designer clothes fit before the waif era.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                What are you talking about? Ann's arms are always long. And the clothes are only oversized by Hedi Slimane standards. Keep in mind that Ann is about layering, so there is room for that. Anyway, S fits a 48 spot on - which is exactly how most designer clothes fit before the waif era.
                I maintain that the arms on her shirts are short. Not incredibly so, but definitely a fair bit shorter than most brands. I have trouble with it. I think the bodies are really oversized by most standards, with the shoulders and necks keeping the size appropriate. I can't comfortably button a medium in any other designer (barring, of course, some american manufacturers making for an XL = 54/56).
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• comedyzen
                  • May 2009

Style definitions

So I know what Goth Ninja is. But what is:

Neu-Rave
                  Rugged Streetwear
                  Anything else?

I heard the above before and couldn't quite grasp it.

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by comedyzen View Post
                    So I know what Goth Ninja is. But what is:

Neu-Rave
                    Rugged Streetwear
                    Anything else?

I heard the above before and couldn't quite grasp it.
                    That's easy.
                    Neu-Rave is like oversized neoprene bear arms in florescent colors.

Rugged Streetwear is when you wear Ed Hardy with Timberland Boots. It's kind of a hybrid/specialized look. Fairly popular with mountain bikers and triathletes.

Anything else? I think that covers them both for the most part.
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• comedyzen
                      • May 2009

Aaahhh...thanks. These were some styles I heard about while i was in Japan. All three are quite popular. Still not sure what you meant by neu-wave...Dresscamp?

Comment

• beardown
                        rekoner
                        • Feb 2009

I think this piece really dictates the neu-rave style the most...try to picture it in a bright teal or a deep yellow:

OK,
                        I have to be honest here. I don't really know what neu-rave or rugged streetwear are. I was just joking. I wouldn't worry too much about the flavor of the month in fashion. Likely they are just as ridiculous as what I suggested. Possibly worse. Those neoprene bear arms are HOT.
                        Originally posted by mizzar
                        Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

"rugged streetwear", never heard but sounds pretty hilarious

nu rave, think streetwear + 80's gym gear + neon colours + crack
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Ivans On High
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2008

If I purchase something from the comfort of my arm-chair here in Australia from a European webstore, or brick-and-mortar store which offers internation orders, is the VAT to be discounted from the price?

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

If the shop offers it, yes...if not, no. If you refer to darklands, no...
                              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mike View Post
                                what is the difference between the LP leather and the LR leather?
                                LP = calf
                                LR = lamb

But the real question is : which one is the best ?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎