• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acid, Bitter and Sad
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by quiet noise View Post
    So, after using a pair of these:

these ugly creases have appeared on my boots:

now im really depressed :( do you know if there is any way to make these creases dissapear?
    Embrace the creases....they're beautiful and unique....it's part of you!

Comment

• beardown
      rekoner
      • Feb 2009

So, after using a pair of these:

these ugly creases have appeared on my boots:

now im really depressed :( do you know if there is any way to make these creases dissapear?
      Creases allow the leather to bend instead of break if that makes any sense and they're a natural part of owning leather shoes or boots. Think of it this way...the grain of the leather allows for movement and that grain is susceptible to normal movement...when you wear them, they're definitely going to crease as part of the aging/wearing process and that's what will give them the unique worn look in the in. Rick Owens has talked at length about the aging process of materials and leather...many people find that worn in fabrics and leather hold a beauty that unworn material can't match.
      But aside from not wearing them, and stuffing them with soft cloth, you're going to get a lot of wear on the grain of leather...that's just what it does.
      Originally posted by mizzar
      Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• quiet noise
        Banned
        • Dec 2008

i know about creases but the deal is that i know those would never appear from wear, its all thanks to those bloody shoeblocks (what do you call them in english?)
        I dont feel like wearing them anymore :( i know i might come off as a bit obessed but everytime i look at the boots im reminded that they would look much better if i never put in those silly blocks.

Comment

• bc3
          • Jun 2008

just dont put them in again, nothing else you can do - If it rains on your boots will you never wear them around water ever?

i like creases, makes the shoes YOUR own

[edit] immediately sell the shoes for a loss, buy new ones if you can find them, wear them again, become disgusted at new creases, continue
          Originally posted by Maldoror
          payment owed is the new gift.

paypal: it's personal

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

i know about creases but the deal is that i know those would never appear from wear, its all thanks to those bloody shoeblocks (what do you call them in english?)
            I dont feel like wearing them anymore :( i know i might come off as a bit obessed but everytime i look at the boots im reminded that they would look much better if i never put in those silly blocks.
            Those are crap shoetrees. However I doubt they caused the creasing. In fact it's the other way around, shoe trees lead to less creasing. Boots that fit your feet well will also tend to crease less, air pockets=mega crease.
            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

??? I cant really see why someone would think that the creases would appear bc of the shoetrees? As Fuuma said, those are there to avoid creases...i put shoetrees (alhtough not of the kind showed above) in all formal boots...not in my CCP/MA though...
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• quiet noise
                Banned
                • Dec 2008

i belive those shoetrees where designed for derbies in soft leather. as the rick side zips are kind of sturdy in the front/shoebox, the sides/arches recieved all the pressure wich caused the creases. anyways, i guess im gonna have to move on and try not to think about it.

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

If the Ricks are so studay i doubt that the the pressure by the shoetree could cause a crease. I guess the boots are slimmer shaped than the shoetree? I only have longish slim shoetrees made of wood.

i belive those shoetrees where designed for derbies in soft leather. as the rick side zips are kind of sturdy in the front/shoebox, the sides/arches recieved all the pressure wich caused the creases. anyways, i guess im gonna have to move on and try not to think about it.

Comment

• doldrums
                    • Dec 2008

and here I was thinking that creases/wear enhanced my footwear ....

Comment

• asho
                      • Nov 2007

unless the shoe trees hold the boots in the same position as if you had your toes bent up while wearing them, there is NO WAY it could have happened.

Comment

• Ivans On High
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                        If the shop offers it, yes...if not, no. If you refer to darklands, no...
                        Can someone explain this to me? If the VAT is not required to be paid, then is Darklands just pocketing the difference?

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

I highly doubt that. My guess is that it relieves the recipient of customs charges.
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• theaddict
                            • Apr 2008

Dude, what is your problem?
                            You are living in Australia and pay way less than in any australian shop at darklands. Additionally you get free shipping which costs about 60€ (!!!) for darklands. Additionally you dont have to pay the 4% paypal fees. And the value of the package should be marked down (imo it would not work marking the value down AND getting the VAT back for the full value)
                            Now you suggest that darklands is pocketing your hard earned money?
                            I dunno where this discussion comes from out of the sudden!
                            Its NOT that darklands is holding back any money which is legally yours! The retailer still has to pay the full price to the designer for the product! If (and i am not an tax expert, so you may proove me wrong) you give an exemption from VAT, at the end of the year you can book it as a loss in your tax report and so pay less tax (is that how it works?). lots of work and bla bla...maybe any time in the future Campbell will do this, but honestly, i dont think so. Darklands is still cheaper than most competitors in the world, taken the US, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN etc...

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                            Can someone explain this to me? If the VAT is not required to be paid, then is Darklands just pocketing the difference?

Comment

• stereophobic
                              • Aug 2009

Yes SA I believe you are right, you may use the VAT exemption as a tax deductible because it originates from a sales transaction in the course of running a taxable business. However you will require a proper VAT invoice or relevant customs receipt.
                              An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                                I doubt its that simple, when a store sells goods they are expected to pay taxes for it, I'd assume that the process of excluding VAT requires some sort of a process with the tax authority, not simply leaving taxes unpaid and keeping the money.

Originally posted by asho View Post
                                unless the shoe trees hold the boots in the same position as if you had your toes bent up while wearing them, there is NO WAY it could have happened.
                                agreed, that looks exactly what boots should look like after some wear unless you walk like a robot.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎