Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crz
    • Apr 2008

i think the question now is; are guys going to do VAT refund in the future?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Ok, guys, can we drop this, please? It's been a distasteful enough 24 hours already.
      Bottom line, no one owes anything to anyone. Darklands does not owe VAT to its customers, customers don't have to shop at Darklands. End of story. Darklands is not the only store who does not refund VAT - Rick's boutique in Paris does not do this either.

Random, I think you meant to say that non-EU people feel that a VAT refund is their entitlement, not a privilege.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

no only ladies can do VAT refunds#

edit:re crz

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

/\ lulz, so that's how Campbell gets them.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• crz
            • Apr 2008

i dont get the joke? :(

..of course i mean, if forms/papers (etc) are filled out to do that?

Comment

• armor
              • Jun 2008

def. no problems with your pricing, PLEASE dont change a thing especially the free shipping.

Originally posted by Darklands View Post
              His initial communication was to ask, three times in different wording each time, a question that he full well knew the answer to. He has purchased in Darklands before so knew before asking it the first time, that we do not deduct VAT.

I agree with Faust, if one is so against paying a tax (and I wonder if these people are so diligent about paying import duties, something we go to great lengths to insure they will not) then they certainly have an option to shop elsewhere.

Given that August was our best month in the 6 year history of the company and now October is about to break the record set in August - I can only assume that there are a lot of people out there that have no problem with our prices.

Comment

• selkies
                • Dec 2008

wow there are so many little bitches on this forum.

grow the fuck up.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                  And, AGAIN, this is not about your prices. It is about shedding some light on VAT for buyers outside the EU. So why don't you get off your high-horse and help us out?
                  its not that simple of a matter, and it can vary by each country's legislation. so its not like everyone in the EU has this knowledge of the top of their head and just wants to keep it a secret. perhaps I missed something, but didn't he say in his previous post that this has come up recently and he is looking into the matter with an accountant..?
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                    perhaps I missed something, but didn't he say in his previous post that this has come up recently and he is looking into the matter with an accountant..?
                    yep .
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DRRRK
                      • Aug 2009

If I order from the US, say New York, I pay the local sales tax and the VAT over here. And this is not enough. The VAT I have to pay is 19% on the product + the sales tax + shipping. German customs have to be the toughest, I had to go there for 2 CDs because there was no receipt in the package.

I was at Darklands twice. On both occasions I have experienced customers asking for a discount, one of them an impudent "designer" from Italy wanting a discount just for pretending to be a designer.
                      I have emailed Campbell once to ask, if some items will be discounted, when the next season arrives. Three experiences with Darklands, three requests for a discount...

Comment

• theetruscan
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                        If I order from the US, say New York, I pay the local sales tax and the VAT over here. And this is not enough. The VAT I have to pay is 19% on the product + the sales tax + shipping. German customs have to be the toughest, I had to go there for 2 CDs because there was no receipt in the package.
                        This should not be the case. For items shipped out of state, you should not be charged sales tax. That is almost always handled automatically. Remember, though, that American stores (unlike European stores) list prices without taxes, then add them later on during the checkout process depending on whether your billing address (sometimes shipping, it can be imprecise) is in a state in which they do business.
                        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

I hope that this should not be the case. Seven New York did once. Other times I did not have to pay the sales tax. But the whole issue is enough for me to avoid purchases from online stores outside the EU. We pay VAT on shipping here! I will never get that.

Comment

• Darklands
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                            You just couldn't let it go could you Campbell? I have the emails if you want to go down that path. And the fact that I have purchased from Darklands before means nil - this whole VAT thing is something I hadn't considered before; nor is it something made particularly clear on your site. It's not as if I asked you to refund me the VAT on the past purchases.

And, AGAIN, this is not about your prices. It is about shedding some light on VAT for buyers outside the EU. So why don't you get off your high-horse and help us out?
                            I have no regrets about anything I said to you and would say the same thing again if asked today. It is as far as I can see, a very simple matter.

Person 1 'Do you ship out of the EU deducting VAT?'
                            Person 2 'No'

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                              We pay VAT on shipping here! I will never get that.
                              thats something that just blows my mind, you are not only paying tax and customs for the product itself, but also for shipping, which itself is a penalty you pay for not being able to find the product locally.

thankfully, this farce can be bypassed in most cases
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jumpoff
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                                thankfully, this farce can be bypassed in most cases
                                Nothing is like pushing the send button when you are e-mailing your newly faked invoice to the customs office. Aaahh, the thrill of crime!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎