X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LEWisMe
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
    EDIT: even worse, I'm a 44 for pants and 46 for tops. luckily I have no need to own a suit yet...
    I feel your pain bro... I don't even lift heavy weights (I bench like 95/lbs) but still my chest and back just blows up. Sucks for fitting into clothes.
    "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead." Rick Owens

Comment

• Arcane
      • Jul 2008

Can someone be kind and explain more about this 30% Ebay cashback? I've understood that it has to be from a Buy it now but other than that I'm pretty much lost...
      Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
        Can someone be kind and explain more about this 30% Ebay cashback? I've understood that it has to be from a Buy it now but other than that I'm pretty much lost...
        All info is in the slickdeals thread I posted. In a few words - microsoft will refund you for buying something on Ebay. It takes a while, but it works.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kubie
          • Jul 2008

i'm thinking to get ccp ss08 object-dyed leather jacket sz 44 from Calvin. But i don't even know how it fits? if i'm in julius & v-a leather jackets sz 1 (which fit on me as well), could i go for that ccp leather jacket sz 44? thanks guyz....
          FS: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5939
          FS: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5988

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Kubie, nothing will help you more than asking for the precise measurements and comparing them with those of a perfect fitted jacket of yours.

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by larssss View Post
              MARGIELA sneakers? good stuff? i'm liking a pair but hesitant to bite the bullet having never seen them/tried on etc.

any input is appreciated.

[credit : sexzeH]
              Last edited by Chant; 10-06-2008, 05:23 AM.

Comment

• reborn
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Chant View Post

[credit : sexzeH]

Chant you should go to your local stockist and try them on...especially if you're in Paris.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I'd say for the MMM sneakers it depends on the style you're after. If you just want the blue or the white w/gray suede German Military versions, get the original. They're literally HUNDREDS less and IMO much more interesting from a historical/background aspect and hold up damn well.

Here's some from German ebay:

Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras, baby items, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

dirt ass cheap.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by reborn View Post
                    Chant you should go to your local stockist and try them on...especially if you're in Paris.
                    Hey, Reborn, thanks. But I'm absolutely not interested in.
                    I was trying to help Larsss who asked for a fit pic of them.

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by larssss
                    MARGIELA sneakers? good stuff? i'm liking a pair but hesitant to bite the bullet having never seen them/tried on etc.

any input is appreciated.

Comment

• larssss
                      • Jun 2008

d'oh! I wasn't clear at all was I? I meant to ask about fit? true to size? comfort and quality? I meant that i've never handled a pair, not "seen" a pair.

i must have been drunk when i wrote that message. but thanks for trying to help with my non-specific inquery Chant.

Comment

• airboyair
                        • Oct 2006

i got the MMM ones as a gift, they are comfortable, they are true to size and i find them well made. the only problem i see is the price. if you can get it for a good deal, then go for it. imo, i don't think the retail price is justifiable.

where are you located? try them on first. but fyi, the FW2008 ones are kinda different now, a but stylized; was just in the Margiela store today and they look like bad copycats of the "real" thing, the german military ones.

i have the german military sneakers, the white ones, and i love them. you can walk for hours, in the rain even and they hold up. definitely, dirt cheap and superior quality. can't beat that! sizing is in german, i think, i have 265 and 270, which translates to roughly a US 8 to 9. sizing goes something like this:

265 (EU 41 / US 8)
                        270 (EU 42 / US 9)
                        275 (EU 43 / US 10)

also, the insoles are removable and can be used for other shoes, that's what i do. the challenge is to get a decent pair, which shows up on ebay on and off.
                        Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• dji
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          Walk around Mitte. You'll find some army surplus stores where you can pick up pairs for way cheap. If you want better condition (unissued) ones and are willing to pay a bit more (around 25-35 euro) then there are some trendier shops in Kreuzberg that carry them.
                          just checking if anyone knows any specific stores in Kreuzberg that carry unissued german army sneakers?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
                            just checking if anyone knows any specific stores in Kreuzberg that carry unissued german army sneakers?
                            I think there was one at Kotbusser Tor on the 1... if you travel along the 1, there are a couple of shops either underneath the U-Bahnhof or next to it right at the stops at Gorlitzer, Schleisisches and Kotbusser if I remember... Some places are pricey, others are not. I actually have seen them in the back streets of Mitte at army surplus stores there for like 5-8 euro a pair.

Like airboyair said though, some pairs are in bad condition, some are in like new. It's not a bad idea to just wander around some parts of Kreuzberg and just see what you find. Consignment stores/thrift stores in the area also carry loads of them. Once you find them, you won't stop seeing them around
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Bill Hicks
                              • Oct 2008

For the German speaking fellas here:

It says they're getting a new shipment on the 15th this month, that's your ticket to get some brand new BW sneakers in your size.

Also says they're manufactured by Adidas. Speaking of which, they released a high top version not too long ago, although this one is quite a bit more expensive than the original unbranded BW version:

In adidas' latest "Clean" theme, they've taken a new inspiration to select models which are

Hope that's some help…

Comment

• reborn
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by airboyair View Post
                                i got the MMM ones as a gift, they are comfortable, they are true to size and i find them well made. the only problem i see is the price. if you can get it for a good deal, then go for it. imo, i don't think the retail price is justifiable.

where are you located? try them on first. but fyi, the FW2008 ones are kinda different now, a but stylized; was just in the Margiela store today and they look like bad copycats of the "real" thing, the german military ones.

i have the german military sneakers, the white ones, and i love them. you can walk for hours, in the rain even and they hold up. definitely, dirt cheap and superior quality. can't beat that! sizing is in german, i think, i have 265 and 270, which translates to roughly a US 8 to 9. sizing goes something like this:

265 (EU 41 / US 8)
                                270 (EU 42 / US 9)
                                275 (EU 43 / US 10)

also, the insoles are removable and can be used for other shoes, that's what i do. the challenge is to get a decent pair, which shows up on ebay on and off.
                                Did you see that amazing leather dopp kit (deep rich brown color)?
                                Amazing...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎