Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackfedora
    • Jan 2012

Curiouscharles & lowrey, thanks for the prompt information. I have a narrow foot so I'll hedge my bets on the tts conversion from my current size.

Comment

• comedyzen
      • May 2009

I had the exact same problem with some Attachment side zip boots. Literally took them to 3 of the highest rated cobbs in the city. All clueless. Then found a guy who knew the problem. The creaking/squeek sound, like Lowery said, is leather rubbing, but to be more specific, it is the leather from the sole, as that is made up of layers of leather. The cobb took apart the boot and added leather glue, and the problem was gone.

Originally posted by my friend goo View Post
      Does anyone own and use these Augusta wraparounds from a few years back? They are the ones with the plasticy lining on the inside.

I bought these new and loved them, but when i wore them they would make a pretty loud scrunching/creaking sound when i walked around and this bugged me enough to relegate these to the back of the closet for years.

Dug them out recently and I still really love how they look, just wish I could get them to make less noise when walking around... so I was wondering if anyone has experience breaking these in, do they eventually stop making the annoying sound? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

^ seconded, although derbies fit larger than boots

i would size tts on boots, derbies maybe a little roomy to almost 1/2 size larger.

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by kuriz View Post
          ^ I really like the color, but I find the look just a bit dull. Thanks for the link though!
          Ann Dem, if it's your size it could be a good buy for you.

Comment

• kuriz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Raw View Post
            Ann Dem, if it's your size it could be a good buy for you.
            http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13222

Yes I have seen this already in the classifieds and it looks really good (and warm also). Only thing that makes me a bit worried is that it doesn't suit very well with the rest of my wardrobe. I'm really fond of Ann (and maybe this is just me) but I find it very hard to mix it with BBS and DD which are my preferred brands.

And so the search continues!

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
              Banned
              • Apr 2009

BBS pants

can anyone help me with codes BBS uses for pants?

for instance: is P13 always the same season by season (at least in the cut)?

and what F-... stands for?

I'm looking at two FW12 pants, both P13: the first is P13-F162 and the second is P13-F181, is it only a difference in the color?

Many thanks

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

P13-F162

Cuts-Fabric
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• oncebornyoucanthide
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by magic View Post
                  P13-F162

Cuts-Fabric
                  Thanks

Btw, mine wad Post No 105, yours No 1005...

Comment

• rider
                    eyes of the world
                    • Jun 2009

pleasantly surprised to see this yyph cloak modeled on a woman and now i am bewitched by the way it must look in motion. has anyone seen this irl and would it work on a woman of say [smaller] stature or would be overwhelming?

its really quite something.

Comment

• jvck
                      • Jul 2012

Quick question. I'm thinking about buying the Julius MA jacket below but the sleeves are far too long. (I know they are meant to be long but they are literally 7inches past the end of my fingers) So I was wondering if anyone has had any experience positive/negative with shortening the arms of the Jacket/similar jacket? I just don't want to butcher the jacket.

H.Lorenzo brings a diverse aesthetic to the high-end retail industry showcasing emerging designers from around the world.
                      Last edited by lowrey; 08-21-2012, 05:46 PM. Reason: resize photos

Comment

• mattizzle
                        • Oct 2011

LUC

Anyone can tell me what LUC pants are those?

Comment

• eleven crows
                          • Mar 2011

think it's the straight front selvedge overpant.

Comment

• Raw
                            • Oct 2009

They are these:

Comment

• gnow
                              • Jun 2010

Layer-0

Can anyone who Have handled the current season layer-0 footwear comment on how the leather is - specifically the bison and reverse cordovan. Is it thick, heavy, hard to break in-ish? Or mid weight but equally strong n durable?

Im interested in a few pairs, but never really enjoyed the process of breaking into my footwear.

Thanks.

Comment

• CUTUP
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by gnow View Post
                                Can anyone who Have handled the current season layer-0 footwear comment on how the leather is - specifically the bison and reverse cordovan. Is it thick, heavy, hard to break in-ish? Or mid weight but equally strong n durable?

Im interested in a few pairs, but never really enjoyed the process of breaking into my footwear.

Thanks.
                                Reverse cordovan is tough as nails, be ready for some hurt. All of the pairs I have handled have had a mid weight leather feel, but have been pretty stiff compared to what I am used to

But they break in lovely, and feel as though an axe couldnt scratch them

I have never had the pleasure of handling the bison yet though
                                Originally posted by marco-von
                                this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎