Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Law
    • Dec 2013

How will a size 52 CCP fencing jacket fit (roughly) based on my physical measurements. Too big? Just right? Desired fit is slim and I'm worried about the small narrow armholes.

Chest: 42"
    Shoulders seam to seam: 20"
    Shoulders around: 51"
    Bicep: 15"
    Waist: 30"
    Last edited by Law; 02-06-2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

I think you are lost..

Not sure how you got those measurements.
      Focusing on object details

Comment

• Law
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by magic View Post
        I think you are lost..

Not sure how you got those measurements.
        Sorry, I should have been clearer. Those are my physical measurements, trying to gauge whether the 52 will fit.

Comment

• justinhere
          • Jan 2014

Thanks for your kind suggestion
          Originally posted by unwashed View Post
          I think it depends on the item the leather is used for. I would prefer shoes/boots in horse, but the drip-sneakers in kangaroo. Accessories like gloves in kangaroo and jacket depends on the model but preferably horse. Makes me think horse is also more durable, but don't if this is true.

Comment

• justinhere
            • Jan 2014

It depends how you like to fit,it will not be too slim fit,if you choose 52

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
              Sorry, I should have been clearer. Those are my physical measurements, trying to gauge whether the 52 will fit.
              how did you measure these? chest around the widest part I suppose, but what about the shoulders - what does seam so seam mean if you are measuring yourself, not a garment?

sounds like I'm roughly the same size though, and a 50 in an original fencing fits me spot on, it fits bigger than most other ccp leathers from my experience. However, I can't remember if the new versions fit differently?
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

the leather will make more difference than sizing IMO, i think you could go for a 50 and it will stretch out to fit your body if its in calf/cow. Horse will not give as much and will be far thicker heavier... but then if you go for a 52 it could end up looking too boxy.
                IMO the fencing its looser than other leathers except it does have a high armhole cut.

Comment

• boodude
                  • Oct 2012

^^excellent info! I have the CCP scarstitch in CORS in sz 52 and have been eyeing the CCP fencing in horse. I am 6.2 feet and although the scarstitched fits me fine (not super tide) it is a tad short for my taste. Would I be 50 in the fencing CCP ( only interested in the horse version) or should I play it safe with sz. 52? ( BTW chest 41" shoulders 17.5")
                  Thanks!

Comment

• Law
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    how did you measure these? chest around the widest part I suppose, but what about the shoulders - what does seam so seam mean if you are measuring yourself, not a garment?
                    By seam to seam, I actually meant:

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                    the leather will make more difference than sizing IMO, i think you could go for a 50 and it will stretch out to fit your body if its in calf/cow. Horse will not give as much and will be far thicker heavier... but then if you go for a 52 it could end up looking too boxy.
                    IMO the fencing its looser than other leathers except it does have a high armhole cut.
                    It's actually the horsehide model, but unfortunately the only option available is the size 52, so I may just to have to bite the bullet. On the other hand, it means I've got some room to maneuver as I do tend to fluctuate size wise.

My main concern was the armholes, as the fencing jackets I've tried on in the past, I could barely get my arm in through the narrow hole, whilst wearing anything other than a t-shirt and had difficultly raising my arms in front of me.
                    Last edited by Law; 02-06-2014, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• morsto
                      • Nov 2008

Can someone point me to a brand of shirts that are very slim and has reasonable long arms? I have tried jil but I'm too lanky for even that.
                      I do not recognise the vessel,
                      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                        My main concern was the armholes, as the fencing jackets I've tried on in the past, I could barely get my arm in through the narrow hole, whilst wearing anything other than a t-shirt and had difficultly raising my arms in front of me.
                        weird, my experience is the opposite - I can't wear CCP shirts for example at all because of the armholes, and blazers are very tight there too, but the fencing fits me fine. It seems roomier to me in the arms (both the armhole and the whole sleeve) than an overlock for example.

Again not sure how season affects this though...
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Law
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          weird, my experience is the opposite - I can't wear CCP shirts for example at all because of the armholes, and blazers are very tight there too, but the fencing fits me fine. It seems roomier to me in the arms (both the armhole and the whole sleeve) than an overlock for example.

Again not sure how season affects this though...
                          Interesting, I've never tried a CCP shirt so I can't comment. How big are your arms? Did sizing up not alleviate the armhole problem?

Comment

• Shucks
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                            Can someone point me to a brand of shirts that are very slim and has reasonable long arms? I have tried jil but I'm too lanky for even that.
                            balenciaga used to have VERY slim shirts. but it's been a few years since i bought anything from them.

Comment

• boodude
                              • Oct 2012

It's actually the horsehide model, but unfortunately the only option available is the size 52, so I may just to have to bite the bullet. On the other hand, it means I've got some room to maneuver as I do tend to fluctuate size wise.

Let me know if that fencer does not work out for you.

Comment

• Law
                                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by boodude View Post
                                Let me know if that fencer does not work out for you.
                                Sure, will do

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎