X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: Rick Owens Trainers

well said, Albert. As far as it is "just the internet," regardless words can still have an impact on people and i don't think this should be downplayed just because it is a (relatively) anonymous medium.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Words can definitely still hurt on the online medium, it's just a matter of remembering where they're coming from and moving on you know?

Internet forums are oft-abused. You know how it is... just look at the degeneration of the Dior MSN forum these days.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

WTF?!!, what happened here

Comment

• Re: Rick Owens Trainers

[quote user="ddohnggo"][/quote]

Andrew Martini has been my style icon since I was like 13. WKDU forever.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
            • Aug 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]i didn't mean to insult anyones grandma. i apologize. it's just that
            to suggest i don't like rick or anyone associated with owenscorp
            because i think luca looks like a goon in the trainers is fucking retarded. i actually thought 'goon' was a pretty fair euphemism. i understand, words are fragile sOME lIKe tO uSE thEM LIkE THiS, but it's silly to pull our punches just because he finances the brand. i don't care if he's the pope, he looks like a goon there. maybe that means i don't have any class or maybe it means im just not a limp wristed art book toting pussy. im not really interested in that argument. and maybe some of the language i used was unnecessary but rick himself has openly coined words like 'glunge' so it seems equally unnecessary to pretend you got to be fucking nabokov to discuss this junk.
            [/quote]

awesome come back. i hope that was directed at me.

[/quote]

naw it was just in general, hombre. generic art types are always so sensitive. u just have to say something like 'cubism? too many right angles.' and they get super miffed for some reason.

on a positive note im too lazy to post mass' last waywt with the trainers in all white but they looooooook totally rad there.

Comment

• Spencer
              • Feb 2007

I'm a bit late to the party, but I've grown quite fond of the trainers. Especially the colorway that philip nod has. All black / suede (I believe.) Does anybody know if Barney's carries that colorway, or only A? I may not make it to NYC until late June, so I may have to phone it in.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"][quote user="philip nod"]

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]i didn't mean to insult anyones grandma. i apologize. it's just that
                to suggest i don't like rick or anyone associated with owenscorp
                because i think luca looks like a goon in the trainers is fucking retarded. i actually thought 'goon' was a pretty fair euphemism. i understand, words are fragile sOME lIKe tO uSE thEM LIkE THiS, but it's silly to pull our punches just because he finances the brand. i don't care if he's the pope, he looks like a goon there. maybe that means i don't have any class or maybe it means im just not a limp wristed art book toting pussy. im not really interested in that argument. and maybe some of the language i used was unnecessary but rick himself has openly coined words like 'glunge' so it seems equally unnecessary to pretend you got to be fucking nabokov to discuss this junk.
                [/quote]

awesome come back. i hope that was directed at me.

[/quote]

naw it was just in general, hombre. generic art types are always so sensitive. u just have to say something like 'cubism? too many right angles.' and they get super miffed for some reason.

on a positive note im too lazy to post mass' last waywt with the trainers in all white but they looooooook totally rad there.

[/quote]

lulz

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"][/quote]

haha martin inadvertently got me into djing/dancing by busting out b-boy moves at a los crudos show.

Comment

• Spencer
                    • Feb 2007

Can anyone share the price of the black suede trainers @ A?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

$1100ish?
                      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

1060 ?

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

So walking down flatbush and a kevin federline lookalike w tears tattooed on his jail face walking the other way comes up to me gets up on my shit looks down at my white on white brand spanking new RO trainers and starts slinging his limp wrist all:

dem shiz is wack son DEM SHIZ IS WACKKKKKKK son repeat repeat he starts looking to the two black kids in between us for support they're looking at the shuz like son i'll take a pair yo

pnidz on the cell turns around and starts yelling Talk To Rick Owens bitch talk to rick owens bitch hes got a schedule he can schedule you in for an appointment...

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

So walking down flatbush and a kevin federline lookalike w tears tattooed on his jail face walking the other way comes up to me gets up on my shit looks down at my white on white brand spanking new RO trainers and starts slinging his limp wrist all:

dem shiz is wack son DEM SHIZ IS WACKKKKKKK son repeat repeat he starts looking to the two black kids in between us for support they're looking at the shuz like son i'll take a pair yo

pnidz on the cell turns around and starts yelling Talk To Rick Owens bitch talk to rick owens bitch hes got a schedule he can schedule you in for an appointment...

[/quote]

Such an amazing story. I hate wiggers more than anything. Although one misstep in that new RO stuff and one could easily be mistaken for one.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

[/quote]

shit now i need a pair stat!!!!

Comment

• nycd
                                • Oct 2006

hmm - the tide may be turning

chris is selling his pair

and chinorlz is thinking about it.

there may soon be a glut.

Comment

Working...