X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • macuser3of5
    • Sep 2006

Re: Rick Owens Trainers

If I think they are ugly, do I get a beat down too?

Comment

• iSuck
      • Mar 2008

[quote user="macuser3of5"]If I think they are ugly, do I get a beat down too?[/quote]

maybe an olive branch up your butt

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

[quote user="macuser3of5"]If I think they are ugly, do I get a beat down too?[/quote]

redacted -- isuck took the words out of my mouth

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• matthewhk
          • Jan 2007

I wouldn't wear these sneakers, but what I think is brilliant about it is they look like Nike Terminators but somehow I feel they'd never work in a streetwear context. Rick took something that could've been ordinary and made it a challenging piece. Definitely one of the harder pieces to pull off in recent fashion memory.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

a thumbs down or thumbs up, no comment please, was the original instructions of this thread...sounds like this became a friendly discussion over tequila shots...
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• macuser3of5
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="iSuck"]

maybe an olive branch up your butt

[/quote]

As you can see, the sign clearly says NO VACANCY.

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

ah, i started on the last page of this thread...just saw the first.

Thumbs up from me in that case.

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                  • Aug 2007

i didn't mean to insult anyones grandma. i apologize. it's just that
                  to suggest i don't like rick or anyone associated with owenscorp
                  because i think luca looks like a goon in the trainers is fucking retarded. i actually thought 'goon' was a pretty fair euphemism. i understand, words are fragile sOME lIKe tO uSE thEM LIkE THiS, but it's silly to pull our punches just because he finances the brand. i don't care if he's the pope, he looks like a goon there. maybe that means i don't have any class or maybe it means im just not a limp wristed art book toting pussy. im not really interested in that argument. and maybe some of the language i used was unnecessary but rick himself has openly coined words like 'glunge' so it seems equally unnecessary to pretend you got to be fucking nabokov to discuss this junk.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]i didn't mean to insult anyones grandma. i apologize. it's just that
                    to suggest i don't like rick or anyone associated with owenscorp
                    because i think luca looks like a goon in the trainers is fucking retarded. i actually thought 'goon' was a pretty fair euphemism. i understand, words are fragile sOME lIKe tO uSE thEM LIkE THiS, but it's silly to pull our punches just because he finances the brand. i don't care if he's the pope, he looks like a goon there. maybe that means i don't have any class or maybe it means im just not a limp wristed art book toting pussy. im not really interested in that argument. and maybe some of the language i used was unnecessary but rick himself has openly coined words like 'glunge' so it seems equally unnecessary to pretend you got to be fucking nabokov to discuss this junk.
                    [/quote]

awesome come back. i hope that was directed at me.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

I'm loving the photo commentary :)

yeah... this thread has just really turned into something bad. Initially quite entertaining and fun. Just how it goes on internet forums I suppose.

AKA, great photo. I just got another idea for a fabric dye method [86](juuuust kidding!)

P, we'll just move on my friend. This thread is (unfortunately) dead to me.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Albert, I can't help but feel that this is just voltaire's sense of humor? I mean, it's hard to believe that someone who says things like "fucking retarded" is being entirely serious. [86] He just seems to have a more obscene comic edge than we are accustomed to at SZ.

just an outsider's perspective...not saying you guys aren't right to be annoyed or anything. [75]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Laika, most likely so, given what's been posted on other threads etc.

I just remind myself at times that this is the internet and sarcasm, inflections, tone and other nuances of spoken word don't come across (unless you really work at it) and then things mean more than people mean them to etc. etc. and it can just get ugly.

Just gotta nip it in the bud and read the other threads!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

I hear you, Albert, that is definitely true.
                                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎