Comment

• ghettosalazar
      Banned
      • Nov 2008

theyre meant for sniffing not wearing

Comment

• Wiggles
        • Sep 2008

I can see where you're coming from, drkshdw, but they really do look better worn in. I wanted to keep mine clean when I first got them, but now that I've worn them I totally agree with everyone else on SZ that likes them beat. And isn't it a little much to have two of the same sneaker, in essence? I'd say so. I'd go the route lots of people are suggesting and get the soles bulked up or something if you're so afraid of wearing them too hard.

Comment

• jordache jeans
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by drkshdw View Post
          Yes they are sneakers, $1200 sneakers. IMO it's not like an average pair of sneakers. I'm not going to think the same about a pair of sneakers I picked up in a thrift store versus a brand new pair I paid $$$ for. I like to take care of what I have.
          You are terrible.

The perfect example of the mindless clones blindly latching on to Rick until the brand is tarnished to the point of no return.

Comment

• drkshdw
            • Apr 2009

I didn't mean buy two of the same trainer, I just meant I would like to find a beat up pair in another color to wear.

And it's not that I am 'terrible', it's just how I was raised when I was a kid. My parents didn't have any money and my clothes and shoes would come from Wal-mart. Meaning, I am proud to have my Rick Owens trainers - or any other Rick Owens piece. To me, all of it is my grail. At the same time, I am sure everyone on here is right about why the trainers look better beaten up.

Fact of the matter is I probably come across as an ignorant person in how I write. A lot of the time I don't write out exactly what I mean.

So to all of you at SZ - I apologize for coming on here and seeming to be ignorant. It's not my intention. And a direct apology to Faust.

Comment

• selkies
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by drkshdw View Post
              Yes they are sneakers, $1200 sneakers. IMO it's not like an average pair of sneakers. I'm not going to think the same about a pair of sneakers I picked up in a thrift store versus a brand new pair I paid $$$ for. I like to take care of what I have.
              i dont really know what to say to this. the fact that you spent so much on a pair of rowens sneakers is more reason to wear them as much as possible.

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

i got rick black trainers for $420, so combined with my leather, paid less than i would have for one pair of sneakers at retail.

Comment

• crz
                  • Apr 2008

baller.. where did you pick them up from kunk?

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

global ebay. and it felt particularly good cause i beat a guy who has sniped me at the last minute about 20 times over the years.

Comment

• crz
                      • Apr 2008

i had no idea a 'global' ebay existed

Comment

• swami
                        • Jul 2008

Spot blown !

Comment

• kbi
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                          global ebay. and it felt particularly good cause i beat a guy who has sniped me at the last minute about 20 times over the years.
                          haha :D the same thing happened to me the past three times.. gotta tell me your secret

Comment

• crz
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by swami View Post
                            Spot blown !
                            pretty much the same as regular ebay.. just search "international listings"

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                              • Nov 2007

my wife just pointed out that the fitness coach on the biggest loser is wearing the all black trainers. we need a trainerspotting thread.
                              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• justine
                                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                                my wife just pointed out that the fitness coach on the biggest loser is wearing the all black trainers. we need a trainerspotting thread.
                                I saw that dude on 57th wearing a full black leather trench coat and combat boots. Fitted him well, he's a good looking fellow.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎