Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darkbydesign
    • Sep 2010

^^So glad you are into it. BTW-when you blow the candle out and the smoke rises, it's AMAZING!

I mix candles. In my living space there is the Indica candle and a CdG Kyoto candle. I think they compliment one another, though I don't always burn them in parallel.

Also, I wish the old Agatha Carnival Wax candles were around. They were all great too.

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

Fragrance experts, I'm looking for floral recommendations. Almost everything I own is woody except CDG clear warped bottle frag which is synthetic/weird floral and quite amazing. Looking to diversify and find something for spring/summer.

I've tried Carnal Flower and while I didn't think I'd like it, it's at the top on my list right now. Also like Neroli from Le Labo which isn't very floral but the salty/water note has me enticed. What else should I try?

Things I don't like are: vanilla, sweet, powdery. Otherwise I'm pretty open minded. Been wanting to sample Serge Lutens "Tubereuse Criminelle" after Carnal Flower got me turned on to Tuberose, but it's hard to find.
      music

Comment

• darkbydesign
        • Sep 2010

^^Personally, for "realistic" floral, I still think Dominique Ropion slays it. Almost every thing he does is floral. In order on the FdM line:

1. Carnal Flower - the definitive floral (potent! Lasts days)
        2. Lys Mediterranee - more like an Iris scent
        3. Portrait of a Lady - a more synthetic rose scent, but I like it
        4. Eau de Magnolia - I like this, though some don't. Magnolia flower like it was picked from a tree and shoved in your face. Doesn't last long.

These are the 4 floral scents I own as I just don't seem to like anyone else's florals.

Comment

• Shifts
          • Jul 2013

I will throw in another Lutens suggestion: Fleur d'Oranger. Dirty enough and absolutely amazing.

Comment

• Verdandi
            • Mar 2012

There are a lot of great florals out there. Apart from those already mentioned I like

Une voix Noire by Serge Lutens (best gardenia I've come across yet, don't care for the Chanel one at all)

Sarrasins by Serge Lutens - Heavy jasmine, a bit more on the indolic
            side

Iris Silver Mist by Serge Lutens - The most beautiful thing ever done.

Mounumalia by Lez Nez - Another rather heavy one. And tropical. I am including it because it is one of the rare tropical fragrances without any coconut in sight.

Cradle of Light by CB I hate perfume - It's the only one from his line I really adore. It's death by white florals and then some more white florals with tomato leave beneath it all.

I'll throw some more names in there which I think are also worth checking out:

Lutens: Fleurs de citronnier, Cedre (is a tuberose scent despite the name, but has coconut in it)

Histoire de Perfume has a whole tuberose range out which are all quite nice

Guerlain - Nahema.

Heeley - Ophelia

Eau d'Italie - Paestum Rose and they also have a magnolia one, but the name escapes me right now

Everything by vero.profumo except maybe for onda which isn't a floral, but try it anyway if you can
            Last edited by Verdandi; 03-27-2015, 09:58 AM.
            lavender menace

Comment

• darkbydesign
              • Sep 2010

^^^

Heeley - Ophelia

Lutens - Iris Silver Mist

Yum!

Comment

• hurricane08
                • Nov 2008

Not a fragnance expert ,would like to add that i was just amazed about iris 39 - Le Labo ,but not 100% sure if it's unisex.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks for the recs so far. Been trying to get into the Malle line because they have such positive reviews but for some reason not much has really grabbed me besides Carnal Flower. Portrait is really nice and potent but all I smell is patchouli for days on dry down which I don't especially like. And the other fresher frags (Geranium, Bigarde, Vetiver) are nice at first but don't seem to last long or stay very interesting, but I'm wondering if I'm just too used to synthetics (being a fan of Le Labo and CDG) that the refinement of Malle is lost on me...

Funny you mention Iris 39 Hurricane I just wore a spray I have from a sample vile yesterday and was thinking how much I hate it . Maybe too feminie for me or just has a note I have some kind of bad associaiton with (lipstick? powder? I dunno) because in general I like Iris.

Also, been meaning to check out more Lutens, Fleur d'oranger sounds really interesting.
                  music

Comment

• eight
                    • Jan 2015

If you like Comme des Garcons, you should try 3. I don't know if I would call it 'floral', but it's a lot more natural (and wearable IMO) that Eau de Parfum.

Comment

• hurricane08
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by casem View Post

Funny you mention Iris 39 Hurricane I just wore a spray I have from a sample vile yesterday and was thinking how much I hate it . Maybe too feminie for me or just has a note I have some kind of bad associaiton with (lipstick? powder? I dunno) because in general I like Iris.

Agree .I consider it as a super nice fragnance for females,but saw on luckscent that it's unisex .

Comment

• lyjameson
                        • Mar 2015

Hmm, what are the opinions on 'The one by Dolce&Gabbana'

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by hurricane08 View Post
                          Not a fragnance expert ,would like to add that i was just amazed about iris 39 - Le Labo ,but not 100% sure if it's unisex.
                          what does this even mean? u need someone else to decide for you if a fragrance is appropriate for your gender identity?

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

I'm guessing Hurricane is a female and simply means she's not sure if a guy would like it as much as she does. No need to be so aggro.
                            music

Comment

• hurricane08
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                              what does this even mean? u need someone else to decide for you if a fragrance is appropriate for your gender identity?
                              No, my opinion is that it's generally for women, so i wouldn't wear it anyway,but users here told me some months ago to visit page 100 and couple more (?)here for suggestions for starters like me. So, when i got Cuiron, i ordered 4 samples,most of them masculine or with leather notes,but one of them was iris 39 just not to get trapped with similar perfumes. Unfortunately,really nice, but not for me.

Comment

• bukka
                                • Sep 2011

Bought a Terre noire candle from Mad et Len. While the smell is fantastic, it really perfumes less than my Byredo Bibliothèque candle (still my favorite candle with Aedes Indica).

Anyone here tried Tea Escape from Margiela? I was going to buy it when in Tokyo but didn't manage to go back to the store before leaving. Now I have to import it to Switzerland if I want it and taxes will rape me. I was wondering if anyone had any similar perfume in mind? Notes are bergamot, pink pepper, green tea, jasmine, osmanthus and puffed rice.

Thanks!!
                                Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎