• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eleves View Post
    Interested in hearing more about BBS fragrance as well! Any word on pricing and release?

Also, does anyone have experience with meo fusciuni fragrances? Do any shops carry them in NY or online?
    I asked the BBS PR. I am pretty sure it's available at the NY boutique.

Meo Fusciuni are nice fragrances. IF has them.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Meo Fusciuni are nice fragrances. IF has them.
      Thanks! Really excited to take a look. Just experienced Liquides Imaginaires for the first time at Barneys and the fragrances are very interesting and the bottle design is pretty cool and a lot heavier than I thought it would be when I saw pics here. All in all, pretty good stuff
      Originally posted by Faust
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Shifts
        • Jul 2013

Always wondered when Liquides Imaginaires would be picked up by SZ, always seemed like the perfect fit to me.

I really like the brand, and I have some favourites among their reportoire, but the fragrances are certainly not flawless. As smells they are very nice, as multifacetted complex fragrances they are not. Usually very simplistic in style, although closely related to a specific theme, which is what makes it work well for me despite the simplicity. They also have an almost Comme des Garçons playfulness in how they take on each series, which is much appreciated in a time when just about every brand take themselves oh so serious.

I have Bloody Wood and Peau de BĂªte in my bookshelf and would love to add one fragrance from both Eau Dela and Les Eaux Arborantes series.
        Last edited by Shifts; 07-12-2016, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• darkbydesign
          • Sep 2010

^I've got Blood Woods and also the one that has a cinnamon sorta vibe to it and enjoy them. Not my absolute favorite fragrance house but definitely worth a try because they have some real gems in there.

Comment

• eleves
            • Sep 2012

I don't think I saw the Bloody Wood scent, but any word on how long the LI fragrances last in general? I generally use wonderwood or creed aventus and the scent lasts for most of the day
            Originally posted by Faust
            HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Shifts
              • Jul 2013

In general is hard to say. I would say they are all quite linear and lasts maybe 4–6 hours, depending on skin condition.

Wonderwood is to be considered nuclear waste looking at its decay time. Some of the fragrances from their first trio Eau Dela are quite tenacious too and could very well give Wonderwood a match there, but I have only worn those from small 1 ml samples.

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

I am looking for more refreshing or sporty fragrance.. whatsoever. Does cdg have something similar?
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by magic View Post
                  I am looking for more refreshing or sporty fragrance.. whatsoever. Does cdg have something similar?
                  Amazing Green is your best bet then.

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

I'd recommend the Blue series. Blue Santal is my favorite of the three, quite fresh almost "barbershop" feeling but still with some CDG weirdness.

music

Comment

• agentred
                      • Jul 2009

I have Peau de Bete, it's pretty intense, gets a lot of comments and lasts all day.

Was kind of disappointed by Bloody Wood though because I expected a very bloody, irony scent (like blood concept used to be) but it was mostly wood.

Has anybody tried La Haine by Folie a Plusieurs? Inspired by the movie which folks here seem to like. Very smoky, metallic notes, quite nice but you have to like smoke.

Comment

• resolution653
                        • Nov 2013

Recommend to sample "Copal Azure" Douchaufour also did something similar with his contribution for "Project Renegades" tho less... fine tuned. I'd spend the extra for Copal.

Originally posted by agentred View Post

Has anybody tried La Haine by Folie a Plusieurs? Inspired by the movie which folks here seem to like. Very smoky, metallic notes, quite nice but you have to like smoke.
                        Yea, one of the few I found impressive recently. Does the metallic/smoke come across as gunpowder to you ?

"Blow Up" Is another good one from that collection.

Comment

• darkbydesign
                          • Sep 2010

^I second Copal Azure and the Aedes de Venustas shop in the Village is super nicely done so well worth a visit if you ever get a chance. All of their fragrances (with exception to the newest vanilla-based scent - I just hate vanilla frags) are amazing. I hear there is a Vetiver frag coming next which is guaranteed to be stunning. The first frag (rhubarb based), Iris Nazerea and Copal Azure are the 3 I wear the most for sure. If you like Copal, you'd also like Heeley Sel Marin and Profumum Roma - Aqua di Sale (particularly if you can find the rare oil based version of Aqua di Sale).

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Something like Green Irish Tweed by Creed is king in this department.

Comment

• agentred
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by resolution653 View Post

Yea, one of the few I found impressive recently. Does the metallic/smoke come across as gunpowder to you ?

"Blow Up" Is another good one from that collection.
                              Cool will try Blow up!

Yeah definitely get a hint of gunpowder in La Haine but if you're into that you should try 1805 by Beaufort, it was mentioned in this thread before but it´s full of gunpowder, blood and smoke notes (inspired by the battle of trafalgar so that makes sense)

https://beaufortlondon.com/product/1...parfum-sample/

Comment

• zen dog
                                • Jan 2014

Thanks for the tip on Beaufort 1805, agentred. I hadn't heard of them before but the rest of the scents look intriguing also, great promo photos BTW. Will definitely get a few samples.

I plan on wearing the 1805 while reading "Beware of Scammers" thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎