Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Has anyone experienced adverse reactions from fragrance on clothes? I never spray directly, but my Rick mohair turtle neck has taken on some fragrance due to the high neck. I've read you should keep fragrance off knits to prolong their life, but I don't want to wash such a delicate knit any more than I need to (only worn it a couple times, has no other smells). Am I good to wait awhile before I wash it or should I wash it soon to avoid any deterioration from the fragrance?

In other news, tried CDG Dot and it's a complete snoozer. Vaguely synthetic floral in the CDG style but VERY light and unremarkable.
    music

Comment

• Shifts
      • Jul 2013

The other day I was thinking about what ever happened with the Rick Owens fragrance Francis Kurkdjian supposedly worked on. From this interview with the perfumer it looks like, well, it was Rick Owens' fragrance:

I can’t believe that almost three years have passed since I last interviewed Francis Kurkdjian. For a while, his face was a regular fixture on my blog, headlining posts which invariably featured strong opinions and controversial views, many of which prompted readers to share their own feelings in the Comments section.

Comment

• Law
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
        The other day I was thinking about what ever happened with the Rick Owens fragrance Francis Kurkdjian supposedly worked on. From this interview with the perfumer it looks like, well, it was Rick Owens' fragrance:

http://www.nstperfume.com/2016/05/17...kdjian-part-1/
        Sounds like he decided to just keep it for personal use and to diffuse in his stores. From the sounds of the description it doesn't come across as a potential big commercial success.

Comment

• Shifts
          • Jul 2013

Exactly. But it also sounds like some of our members has, unknowingly, smelled it.

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Shifts View Post
            Exactly. But it also sounds like some of our members has, unknowingly, smelled it.
            Until they turned off the diffusers in the stores because everyone was getting sick from it. ( sorry, typed before reading the article )
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Verdandi
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by casem View Post
              Has anyone experienced adverse reactions from fragrance on clothes? I never spray directly, but my Rick mohair turtle neck has taken on some fragrance due to the high neck. I've read you should keep fragrance off knits to prolong their life, but I don't want to wash such a delicate knit any more than I need to (only worn it a couple times, has no other smells). Am I good to wait awhile before I wash it or should I wash it soon to avoid any deterioration from the fragrance?

In other news, tried CDG Dot and it's a complete snoozer. Vaguely synthetic floral in the CDG style but VERY light and unremarkable.
              I spray perfume on various knits - including mohair and cashmere, all the time and I don't think it damaged them. Why would perfume be damaging to knits anyway? Due to the alcohol?

And I was really looking forward to give the Rick perfume a proper testing. I smelled it once on a cloth strip that came with some magazine years ago and it was certainly intriguing.
              lavender menace

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

Dirk Bikkembergs first fragrance:

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
                  Smells like sweat and soccer balls? Surprised it took this long.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                      • Dec 2013

Has anybody tried the new Boris fragrance?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Law View Post
                        Has anybody tried the new Boris fragrance?
                        I have. It's great! I obviously don't know how to describe it, nor do I have a sample. It'd be great for winter, there is something earthy and strong about it. Exactly what you'd expect from BBS. Did you glean it from our Instagram?

New favorites - Terre Noir and Graphite from Mad et Len. Just phenomenal in the balance they achieve.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ahimsa
                          Vegan Police
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I have. It's great! I obviously don't know how to describe it, nor do I have a sample. It'd be great for winter, there is something earthy and strong about it. Exactly what you'd expect from BBS. Did you glean it from our Instagram?
                          I was told at the Boris store that it was designed to mimic the smell of horse leather.
                          StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Law
                            • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post

New favorites - Terre Noir and Graphite from Mad et Len. Just phenomenal in the balance they achieve.
                            Yep, caught it this morning on Instagram. Do you know when it will be released?

Comment

• newp
                              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Ahimsa View Post
                              I was told at the Boris store that it was designed to mimic the smell of horse leather.
                              So it's more or less the same as was used with his Mad et Len collaboration?

Comment

• eleves
                                • Sep 2012

Interested in hearing more about BBS fragrance as well! Any word on pricing and release?

Also, does anyone have experience with meo fusciuni fragrances? Do any shops carry them in NY or online?
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎