X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trebre
    • Mar 2009

^ Cb:s burning leaves is fantastic.
    Like a warm campfire on a beautiful chilly october day, in a forest of old oak trees

Comment

• ES3K
      • Oct 2008

Need personal fragrance advice

Dear all,

I sense a lot of scent competence here at SZ, so may I ask you for advice -- I'm kind of lost since my favorite Aramis New West (yes very 80's:) but i love it) was discontinued 10+ yrs ago.
      Currently my daily scent is Creed Green Irish Tweed which is awesome but I miss some innovation (and I'm tired to hear "is it Cool Water?"). When the sun goes down I tend to apply Creed's Santal. Very sweet, not pushy though, but wears off too fast.

I use or used a lot of other Creeds (Silver Mountain, Tabarome, Himalaya, Erolfa) but don't rate them as great. And I've tried out so many scents in the past, still searching for the perfect one. I even tried girl's stuff, where Coco Mademoiselle is my favorite.

Ah would love to hear any advice!
      Thank you.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Irish Tweed owns all.

Looks like you like softer scents. Thinking just of my collection, you might like Bulgari Black, Yohji Yamamoto pour Homme (I don't think he makes it anymore though), and Santa Maria Novella Kyoto.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mamaboy
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by fightattack View Post
          Any cologne out there that smells like burnt wood?
          I want to smell like a sexy campfire.

Something like a woodsman version of CDG's Synthetic series . . .

Still trying to sell my wife on letting me buy the 'Garage' flavor.

There are so many great smelling woodsy/leather/smokey candles - why aren't there more fragrances like that?
          (maybe I just dont know where to find them . . .)
          essence of john galliano by diptyque
          its parfum d'interieur but i liked it so much i was wearing it
          60 $ for 150 ml
          but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

There is also this.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mamaboy View Post
              essence of john galliano by diptyque
              its parfum d'interieur but i liked it so much i was wearing it
              60 $ for 150 ml
              also feu de bois by diptyque, which is also a room spray

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                Dear all,

I sense a lot of scent competence here at SZ, so may I ask you for advice -- I'm kind of lost since my favorite Aramis New West (yes very 80's:) but i love it) was discontinued 10+ yrs ago.
                Currently my daily scent is Creed Green Irish Tweed which is awesome but I miss some innovation (and I'm tired to hear "is it Cool Water?"). When the sun goes down I tend to apply Creed's Santal. Very sweet, not pushy though, but wears off too fast.

I use or used a lot of other Creeds (Silver Mountain, Tabarome, Himalaya, Erolfa) but don't rate them as great. And I've tried out so many scents in the past, still searching for the perfect one. I even tried girl's stuff, where Coco Mademoiselle is my favorite.

Thank you.

try geranium pour monsieur by editions frederic malle for day, and russe or 5 o'clock au gingembre each by serge lutens for evening. former is a modern take on a light watery fragrance, mixes organic and synthetic notes, the latter two are quite heavy spicy aromatics

Comment

• Silk
                  • Jan 2009

Dear all,

Thank you.
                  I also wear those creed scents, so some other that I would recommend would be...

Etat Libre d' Orange - Je Suis un Homme

Humiecki & Graef - Multiple Rouge or Eau Radieuse

Payard - Bergamot Truffle

By Killian - Cruel Intentions

These are all available on luckyscent.com and you can try them in sample size first to see if you like them.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ shit i never heard of. a sure sign that you are a basenotes member?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ES3K
                      • Oct 2008

Thanks a lot for your promising suggestions! Just printed out a list, will give the staff at my local perfumery a hard time later this day!

Comment

• rogelro
                        • Mar 2008

Dear all,

Thank you.
                        Well too keep it in the same line as GIT and your other creeds, if you are looking to try different aquatics or citrus fresh types give these a try

Bulgari - Aqua Marine
                        Montale - Fougères Marines
                        The Different Company - Bergamote
                        Escentric Molecules - Escentric 02
                        Divine - L'Homme de Coeur
                        L’Artisan Parfumeur - Navegar

Comment

• rogelro
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by fightattack View Post
                          Any cologne out there that smells like burnt wood?
                          I want to smell like a sexy campfire.

Something like a woodsman version of CDG's Synthetic series . . .

Still trying to sell my wife on letting me buy the 'Garage' flavor.

There are so many great smelling woodsy/leather/smokey candles - why aren't there more fragrances like that?
                          (maybe I just dont know where to find them . . .)

have you tried any of the Red Series from CDG? if you want wood Sequoia and Palisander is great to start with then hop on over and try Monocle X CDGs Hinoki

also these might be a good bet for woodsy/smokey/spicy/leathery scents

Amouage - Jubilation XXV
                          Serge Lutens - Serge Noire
                          M. Micallef - Le Seducteur
                          Divine - L’homme sage
                          Montale - Red Vetyver

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Was actually going to recommend Monocle x CDG as well.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• homi
                              • Nov 2007

anyone know of any webstores or stores in NY/Toronto that are having decent sales right now.
                              itd be great not to have to pay retail for a scent as i already have a few
                              THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
                              Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

sales on perfumes? there is an interesting novel idea.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎