X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rogelro
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by homi View Post
    anyone know of any webstores or stores in NY/Toronto that are having decent sales right now.
    itd be great not to have to pay retail for a scent as i already have a few
    whats the scent you are looking for?

Comment

• fightattack
      • Mar 2009

Thanks for all the suggestions . . .
      Got some samples in from luckyscent
      (sadly they do not have a samples of burning leaves)

My fav:
      Olivier Durbano – Black Tourmaline

My wife's fave:
      M. Micallef – Avant Garde

But I still love CDG's synthetics - Garage

Wrote a big blog post about the testing experience here.
      (self link, sorry)

Comment

• rogelro
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by fightattack View Post
        Thanks for all the suggestions . . .
        Got some samples in from luckyscent
        (sadly they do not have a samples of burning leaves)

My fav:
        Olivier Durbano – Black Tourmaline

My wife's fave:
        M. Micallef – Avant Garde

But I still love CDG's synthetics - Garage

Wrote a big blog post about the testing experience here.
        (self link, sorry)

If you like garage you should try Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella

also think you should try the CDG incense series

Comment

• Originally posted by u-know
          I love Dior and YSL.
          LOL !!!

Comment

• mamaboy
            • Mar 2008

aster de villate "echo"
            but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Silk
              • Jan 2009

Recently got full bottles of the Etat Libre D' Orange - Tom of Finland collab, J. Peterman - 1903 vintage, and Diptyque - Oyedo, which I would recommend to anyone if you like sweet scents.

But the real reason I had to post, was to tell you all about an amazing scent I have finally tried from Amouage, called Hommage Attar. This stuff is super concentrated with some of the finest and most rare ingredients in the world( rose taifi, silver frankincense, jasmine, amber, silver oud, citrus,sandalwood). They claim it takes an entire field of roses to extract enough of the rose taifi oil for just one bottle. Bottle is only 12ml and is $350!! I highly recommend you at least try a sample of this because I honestly have no idea how someone could not like this. It is a unisex scent that can come across as a little feminine, but once applied it takes on many different characteristics throughout the wear.

I also just ordered the sample set from Penhaligons website because I have been meaning to try their scents forever. I'm sure a few of you have tried their stuff?

Comment

• JetLag
                • Jul 2008

Thanks to Faust, I found and purchased Russa from SMN in Paris (Amin Kader, rue de la Paix). Citta di kyoto was too feminine for me and Nostalgia smells like a mix of gasoline and tire...
                Originally posted by danman
                If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Cool, glad you like it, JetLag.

Silk, I've tried some Penhaligon's and they are nice, but I did not feel like I had to buy any of them.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rogelro
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Silk View Post

But the real reason I had to post, was to tell you all about an amazing scent I have finally tried from Amouage, called Hommage Attar. This stuff is super concentrated with some of the finest and most rare ingredients in the world( rose taifi, silver frankincense, jasmine, amber, silver oud, citrus,sandalwood). They claim it takes an entire field of roses to extract enough of the rose taifi oil for just one bottle. Bottle is only 12ml and is $350!! I highly recommend you at least try a sample of this because I honestly have no idea how someone could not like this. It is a unisex scent that can come across as a little feminine, but once applied it takes on many different characteristics throughout the wear.

I also just ordered the sample set from Penhaligons website because I have been meaning to try their scents forever. I'm sure a few of you have tried their stuff?
                    its good if you are a fan of rose and agarwood scents. I'll stick with jubilation 25 for now, at $350 for 12ml i'll pass

as for Penhaligons only one i've tried is Castile and I like it, a nice classy neroli. probably going to try Endymion next

haven't tried any of the Etat Libre dOrange line yet, been meaning to sample Eloge du Traitre and Antihéros. The Tom of Finland sounds interesting too kinda like the cdg synthetic series married bulgari black and Dzing

Comment

• Silk
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by rogelro View Post
                      its good if you are a fan of rose and agarwood scents. I'll stick with jubilation 25 for now, at $350 for 12ml i'll pass

as for Penhaligons only one i've tried is Castile and I like it, a nice classy neroli. probably going to try Endymion next

haven't tried any of the Etat Libre dOrange line yet, been meaning to sample Eloge du Traitre and Antihéros. The Tom of Finland sounds interesting too kinda like the cdg synthetic series married bulgari black and Dzing
                      For some reason, Jubilation 25 is the only Amouage scent I haven't sampled even though I have wanted to. I just ordered a sample.

I need to slow down for a while; I have bought more scents than I know what to do with lately. I didn't think perfumery (is that the term?) could be so interesting and addictive.

Nowadays I don't even feel fully dressed up unless I have on a great scent. It adds another dimension to an outfit, because smells are so memorable and unique.

I thought I had tried all the ELDO scents that were acceptable for men, but I haven't tried those two. Don't know how the Antiheros got past me, as I love lavender scents. I haven't tried the CDG synthetics line or Bvlgari Black or Dzing unfortunately so i can't comment on the comparisons, but I will say that the Tom of Finland collab is unique enough to warrant trying a sample if the ingredient list catches your eye at all.

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

Has anyone had a chance to try any of the new Byredo scents? Really interested in Blanche, Fantastic Man and Bal D'Afrique.

Comment

• homi
                          • Nov 2007

whats the scent you are looking for?
                          havent gone perfume shopping in awhile, do you know if holts or anywhere in toronto has dior bois d'argent
                          THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
                          Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

Also, besides the Byredo, I am going to order some samples...
                            right now I am wearing Serge Lutens Gris Clair, which I love....can anyone recommend another SL on par with this #1 scent? I am also a huge fan of Dzing! any recommendations would be cool. I have smelled pretty much every comme des garcons so I got a good idea about those. Maybe some more Serge or L'Artisan. Kilian?

Comment

• rogelro
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by homi View Post
                              havent gone perfume shopping in awhile, do you know if holts or anywhere in toronto has dior bois d'argent
                              I don't know about holts, most likely they will have it
                              best bet would be the dior homme boutique

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                              Also, besides the Byredo, I am going to order some samples...
                              right now I am wearing Serge Lutens Gris Clair, which I love....can anyone recommend another SL on par with this #1 scent? I am also a huge fan of Dzing! any recommendations would be cool. I have smelled pretty much every comme des garcons so I got a good idea about those. Maybe some more Serge or L'Artisan. Kilian?
                              you trying the Fantastic Man from Byredo?

Encens et Lavande from SL kinda like the reverse progression of gris clair also not as sweet as gris clair

as for Dzing go try Bulgari Black

never tried any of the Killians but seems like you like lavender so A Taste of Heaven would be somewhere to start. No doubt they use quality ingredients but for their price point you can get similar scents way cheaper, half the price is probably for the bottle alone w/o the juice

Comment

• Silk
                                • Jan 2009

I don't know about holts, most likely they will have it
                                best bet would be the dior homme boutique

you trying the Fantastic Man from Byredo?

Encens et Lavande from SL kinda like the reverse progression of gris clair also not as sweet as gris clair

as for Dzing go try Bulgari Black

never tried any of the Killians but seems like you like lavender so A Taste of Heaven would be somewhere to start. No doubt they use quality ingredients but for their price point you can get similar scents way cheaper, half the price is probably for the bottle alone w/o the juice

The Killian smells are pretty amazing, and I must say that I think they are very unique smelling and don't share many comparisons with any scents that I've tried. Yes it is overpriced, but I definitely recommend trying them. They also have refill service, which is considerably cheaper than buying the bottle new, but still pricey.
                                Last edited by Silk; 08-04-2009, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎