Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laughed
    • Jul 2009

Yeah, I'm gonna order a sample of the Fantastic Man. Sucks I can't find a place that has samples of Blanche. Going to order a few samples of Kilian and a few Serge Lutens. Bvlgari Black was also recommended to me.

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

Can we do a little Holy Grail Scent?
      Mine would be Gris Clair Serge Lutens. Hands down. The moment I smelled it I thought, this is nice...then 3 or 4 Barney's ladies kept telling me how wonderful it was as they began to spray it on each other and me. It was fun. Bought it, went home, fell in love with it.

Comment

• Real Real
        • Feb 2007

A true holy grail cologne would have to be custom-made, right?

Comment

• laughed
          • Jul 2009

Nah...That's like saying the love of my life has to have fake boobs.

Comment

• mike
            • Dec 2006

Are there any discount fragrance stores in NYC anybody would recommend? I'm looking for stuff along the lines of CdG.
            Thanks

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

no discounter will carry cdg, at least not that i'm aware of.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Yan
                • Mar 2008

smells

ESCENTRIC MOLECULES anyone? Nice but doesn't make you more attractive to the opposite sex.

Comment

• Silk
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                  A true holy grail cologne would have to be custom-made, right?

If you could formulate one that you like more than any other scent, but I would say it would be easier left to the perfume experts.

Even though I don't own them yet, mine would be
                  Amouage - Hommage Attar
                  or
                  by Killian - Pure Oud

They are both multi-faceted and have strong rich smells. They are really expensive and intense, so they are better used in moderation and on special occasions, which adds to their holy grail status to me.

Comment

• laughed
                    • Jul 2009

Been wanting Byredo Candles and Room sprays forever...that would be a holy grail for me...any leads?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I need to buy a candle too. The dead man's smell is starting to kill me...
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Silk
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                        Been wanting Byredo Candles and Room sprays forever...that would be a holy grail for me...any leads?
                        Their candles are discontinued and so are the room sprays I believe. I think you would have a pretty hard time finding them unless you can find someone in Europe who has them stockpiled or they start making them again.

Comment

• rogelro
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Yan View Post
                          ESCENTRIC MOLECULES anyone? Nice but doesn't make you more attractive to the opposite sex.
                          its not bad, Escentric 01 and 02 both smell good but is overpriced for what it is

should of went to the diptyque sale back in june and stocked up on candles

Comment

• Dropt
                            • May 2009

xxxxx
                            Last edited by Dropt; 09-09-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• laughed
                              • Jul 2009

Got my samples. Some aren't worth mentioning, but...
                              I am a fan of L'Artisan, Dzing! is one of my favs, and that one does last on me, but I ordered about 5 new samples and none of them lasted more than a couple hours, and really some didn't even last 30 minutes. My fav of the bunch was Passage D'Enfer...and this is what is crazy....it smells EXACTLY like CDG Kyoto, I mean, EXACTLY! Crazy. But it went away in about 45 minutes...I think it would be a good thing to layer with Dzing!, may just get the Kyoto because it lasts much longer.
                              As far as the Kilian fragrances - A Taste of Heaven smelled a lot like Aramis to me. I little more powder and soft but too much like Aramis. Straight to Heaven on the other hand is nice. I'm not great at describing fragrances but it was a creamy smell, sorry that's the best I can do. Certainly a night fragrance, and this one too just didn't seem to last on me. But, it is something I would purchase. I would even go so far as to say if I had a top ten, it would be there. Other than that, there were a few other L'Artisans that were just okay...Tried Honore Des Pres, Charman's Party and WHOA! talk about a blast of pepper and something different. If it is something different you are after this one takes the cake. All in all, if I had to recommend anything to anyone I would still have to go with anything from Byredo, as I have yet to experience anything that I didn't love from him. Again, sorry I'm not the best at describing this stuff. ! Also, the People of the Labryinth---stay away. Cheap smelling!

Comment

• viv1984viv
                                • Feb 2008

Thank you SZ for showing me Les Senteurs - wonderful shop with good customer service.

I ordered a bunch of samples, Caron, Yatagan is a favourite along with Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan...

Haven't had chance to go through the rest and give them a full days wear.
                                Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎