X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dropt
    • May 2009

xxxxx
    Last edited by Dropt; 09-09-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Silk
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Dropt View Post

Last but not least, I've tried the Damir doma fragrances, and i must say that i was kind of surprised. Most of the time, the fragrances tend to a sort of aseptic smell, like an alcohol for me. Then i tried number one, and it blew my mind. Too bad it was just an eau de toilette, the smell went too fast.
      I wasn't aware he had a fragrance, did you try it at the DD store?

Comment

• rogelro
        • Mar 2008

For me I think Kyoto and Passage are def. similar but they do not smell the same to me, Passage is a bit more floral than Kyoto and you can pick up more of a woodsy smell from Kyoto where Passage is just incnese, musk and flowers.

Both great scents just a bit disappointed that Passage doesn't last more than a hour on me even with liberal sprays.

Also for all the L'Artisan Parfumeur fans in NYC on 8/14 they are having an opening at their Perfume Gallery (@ Henri Bendel) for the exhibit of some artist and also a sampling of the new fragrance from them called Cote d'Amour

Comment

• martin
          • Jul 2008

Storm in Copenhagen got the Byredo candles and room sprays. I was there a week ago, so I guess they still there. I wish I bought the black currant one.

Comment

• Dropt
            • May 2009

xxxxx
            Last edited by Dropt; 09-09-2012, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

It's the Six Scents series - they are not Doma fragrances.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Doma will be one of the collaborators for the next issue of it though.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I just spray it in the neck area. I've never smelled 888, but I would seriously recommend Bulgari Black. It's very warm and still unique. I don't know if they still make it.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lotek01
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                    Doma will be one of the collaborators for the next issue of it though.
                    i've only seen that on what seems to be an unintended leak in paper rain's twitter feed. that's amazing though, who are the rest of the series two contributors? i can't find a proper article on it...

Comment

• rogelro
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Dawn
                      So I used my CDG 888 for the first time today, and I'm feeling really dizzy & sick from it. It's way too strong for me.
                      Could someone please recommend me a fragrance that is nice, warm, cool, that isn't as strong?

Also, noob question. I see many people apply their cologne different ways. How do you guys do it?
                      hard to say with just your description of warm, cool ,nice. Name some scents that you like.

888 is a very unique scent, if you want to try CDG scents start with series 2 (red), 3 (incense) or 4 (cologne)

Comment

• laughed
                        • Jul 2009

Yes, you are right about the Passage...it is a bit more floral in the dry down, and I do like Kyoto more...it's just a shame, none of the L'artisans last on me at all.

CDG 888, yeah, didn't like that one. Kyoto really is a great scent if you are going for CDG stuff. I also like Anbar, it is a bit more musky, but good. Not sure what you mean by warm either, but I would say anything in the Incense line. I would also give Dzongkha a try.

I spray or dab a couple shots to the wrist, rub together, couple behind the ears, around the back of the neck, maybe a little slapped on the face after a good shave. Stopped spraying on my clothes back when I stopped wearing...Curve.

Comment

• Faye
                          • Apr 2009

Could anyone recommend me some nice Cologne?

Currently I use CDG Kyoto and Six Scents No.4 (Gareth Pugh).
                          Both are great scents, but a Cologne is kinda essential. :)

Thank You. :)

Comment

• eris quod sum
                            • Jun 2009

christian dior bois d'argent.
                            it is a bit pricy,
                            but the scent is beautiful.

Comment

• lotek01
                              • Aug 2009

This came out about a week ago, but for those who haven't seen this, the designers involved in Six Scents Series 2, including descriptions by the respective perfumers and fragrance notes are listed here.

Six Scents: Series Two will feature fragrances by: Phillip Lim, Henry Holland, Damir Doma, Henrik Vibskov, Richard Nicoll, and Toga.

Comment

• homi
                                • Nov 2007

anyone know who manufactures the six scents line, it seemingly came out of nowhere
                                THIRD LOOKS : http://www.thirdlooks.com
                                Internet Fame http://www.internet-fame.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎