Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jogu
    • Jun 2009

if he likes allure sport or issey i bet hed also like amazingreen . costs like $90 ? me i dont really like that one , it smells like those paper inserts in magazines w/ perfume samples . i mean like before you open the flap they all kinda smell the same

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Dane View Post
      so you're not wearing haute couture to the grocery store everyday.
      why not

Comment

• wurm
        • Nov 2010

thanks for the recommendations everyone. i ordered a sample of vettiveru a while back that i forgot about. i remember liking it but was more concerned with testing the more wintery samples i got with it at the time. just went to try it again but then i realized that i had also spilt it . still, i managed to get a touch on my wrist and liked what i could smell. i might just go ahead and buy a bottle - the price is good. still might get a few more samples with my purchase though.

Comment

• Atmosphere
          • Jan 2010

Les Senteurs.
          Okay, will look that up. Cheers.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Castor View Post
            Prada Candy for a light benzoin fix. I know. Hate me.
            I actually really like Candy.

Originally posted by jogu View Post
            if he likes allure sport or issey i bet hed also like amazingreen . costs like $90 ? me i dont really like that one , it smells like those paper inserts in magazines w/ perfume samples . i mean like before you open the flap they all kinda smell the same
            I was trying to sway him away from the generic aquatic fluff...the world needs no more cool water derivatives. At least not until they're so tacky they're good again.

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
            why not
            How did I know you'd respond to that?
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Dane
              HAMMERTIME
              • Feb 2011

Stats on new releases:

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• coccodrillo
                • Nov 2009

incense

Dane - am curious given your experienced nose: please tell me which incense and which roses you love - not like - LOVE?

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Love is a strong word that I don't throw around much, but these I liked enough to purchase. Also worth noting that I tend to like blend-compositions more than singular note stuff...

Incense - Lutens La Myrrhe (sorta incense); CDG Ouarzazate; Aesop Mystra.

Roses - Lutens Rose de Nuit; CDG Rose; The Different Co. Rose Poivree (not much rose, but worth mentioning).

I have great admiration for, but would not personally wear: Armani Prive Bois d'Encens; CDG Avignon; Goutal Encens Flamboyant; Etat Libre Rossy de Palma; Rosine Rose Flamenca; Guerlain Nahema.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                    • Nov 2009

Love is a strong word that I don't throw around much, but these I liked enough to purchase. Also worth noting that I tend to like blend-compositions more than singular note stuff...

.....Rossy de Palma; Rosine Rose Flamenca; Guerlain Nahema.
                    Agree completely - am trying to find the perfect FBW blend - highlighted by certain notes - which has been really difficult.

For me SL La Myrrhe wears very similar to my beloved Chanel No. 22 -

Tell me more - 'cause these 3 roses you mentioned just recently caught my attention and am wanting something really unusual...that transcends so many o.k. things I've sniffed.

Comment

• Dane
                      HAMMERTIME
                      • Feb 2011

Lutens has a new rose coming out this month...Fille de Berlin. Haven't tried it yet, but hopes are high.

Are you looking for incense and rose in combo?

The most interesting of the roses I mentioned is probably Rossy de Palma. It's pretty severe, so not for the faint of heart, but still well done and worth trying.

Rose de Nuit is $$$, but beautiful. More classical than unusual, but it's Lutens, so a bit off-centre.

Rose Poivree is mostly other stuff - vetiver/pepper, but a nice rose note is buried in there. They recently changed formulations apparently, so it's a bit of a gamble.

CDG's Rose is tooty-frooty raspberry/rose, with an interesting beachball note.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                        • Nov 2009

Not looking for a combo. Want an exceptional incense and rose - and my reference point is stuff I started sniffing - decades ago - before alot of the horrid reformulations. This seems to be the hindrance - there always seems something missing

I got an email from SL about the Girl from Berlin -and also have a wax sample of the Rose de Nuit. As I'm sure you know - the wax samples can be misleading.

Have you sniffed anything lately that you think is outstanding? Doesn't matter if it's not rose or incense - just wondering what has left you with a desire to acquire or at least a great impression?

Comment

• Dane
                          HAMMERTIME
                          • Feb 2011

There hasn't been much lately...it's been a rather dry year.

My top non-classics:

-Angel (Thierry Mugler)
                          -Une Fleur de Cassie (Frederic Malle)
                          -Chinatown (Bond No. 9)
                          -Missoni
                          -Rive Gauche (Yves Saint Laurent)
                          -S-ex (S-Perfume)
                          -Iris Silver Mist (Serge Lutens)
                          -Promesse de l'Aube (Parfums MDCI)
                          -Rush (Gucci)
                          -Boucheron
                          -100% Love (S-Perfume)

Comment

• coccodrillo
                            • Nov 2009

Am waiting for samples of CDG Incense series - and the Jubilation XXV to arrive.

My staples are:
                            Chanel: Bois des Isles, No. 22, Sycomore
                            L'artisan The Pour Ete
                            Caron Pour Homme
                            SL Vetiver Oriental
                            Hermes Ambre Narguile
                            CDG 2

I tend to gravitate towards vetiver and sandalwood laden scents. I think I'm in need of a vacation in a bottle

Comment

• Dane
                              HAMMERTIME
                              • Feb 2011

That helps...you appear to like orientals with a hint of white florals. I'd suggest the following (if you haven't tried already):

-Amouage Dia Man
                              -Armani Prive Ambre Soie
                              -Goutal Duel
                              -Dior Eau Noire
                              -L'Artisan Saffran Troublant
                              -Par Amour by Clarins

All are exceptional. Apologies if I'm repeating anything...I forget what I've recommended in the past.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                                • Nov 2009

Thanks for the recs. Repetition is a blessing - gentle reminders that help refocus the nose

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎