Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BUMMER
    • Feb 2010

Wait, is this thread intended to post WTF or be WTF?
    Just checking.

Comment

• CHRIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2006

why the fuck
      what to fuck
      where to fuck
      when to fuck
      way to fuck
      who the fuck
      who to fuck

Comment

• Rosenrot
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by anomolies View Post
        yea i figured it out after posting my question. I know of comme des garcons but never understood what it meant.. wiki says "like boys"... but that sounds pedophilish and as an english phrase makes no sense.
        Well the line's based on allowing women to dress up like the boys, hence the name, also to go against the norm of sexy clothing back in 70s/80s. I'm not a CdG expert like some of the members here so somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
        Originally posted by Patroklus
        Better too adventurous than not enough
        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Atom
          • Sep 2009

I believe I've read somewhere Rei didn't know the meaning of the CdG when naming her brand that way. She just liked the way it sounded.

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
          Well the line's based on allowing women to dress up like the boys, hence the name, also to go against the norm of sexy clothing back in 70s/80s. I'm not a CdG expert like some of the members here so somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• ES3K
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Atom View Post
            I believe I've read somewhere Rei didn't know the meaning of the CdG when naming her brand that way. She just liked the way it sounded.
            Same with me. While reading a fashion feature in a late 80's or early 90's Arena issue I've run across an insanely pricey white shirt and grey trousers by "COMME des GARÇONS". I didn't know anything about the label, just instantly loved the name so much that I bought my first piece and became addicted for some years.

Apart from Wonderwood EdT I don't wear CdG any more, but I still think it's the best and coolest label (name) ever.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

With all due respect, that's bullshit.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                • Jan 2010

^ Agreed.

I believe I read that Rei chose the name because when she started showing in Paris in the 70s, fashion was pretty much dominated by men. It does mean "like the boys" (i.e. similar to) not "like boys".

Is it just me or is anyone else irritated that they put the cedilla (the CdG asterisk) under the d instead of the c, in FUCKDOWN? I mean, I could see it if there wasn't a "c" but there is!
                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• morsto
                  • Nov 2008

posts by atom/anomolies on this page are much more wtf than most of pictures posted, would read again
                  I do not recognise the vessel,
                  but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Atom
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    With all due respect, that's bullshit.
                    It might be bullshit, but this line was in the book Future Beauty (had to check):
                    "Kawakubo claims that she named her company Comme des Garcons ('like boys') simply because she liked the way it sounds, insisting that there is no underlying political meaning, although it may be tempting to believe otherwise."

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                    posts by atom/anomolies on this page are much more wtf than most of pictures posted, would read again
                    Wtf? U don't think Player/Fuckdown qualifies as wtf?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I know, atom, but it's not the first time Rei plays with the press.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Devoa is better than this...

i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

it may not execute well in practice dane, but the idea fits in with their philosophy and I dont find it all that horrid, probably can be worn without hood as well...

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

i wonder which system of 'philosophy' can have a hooded bag as a consequence.
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Uncontrol
                              • Feb 2008

It might be bullshit, but this line was in the book Future Beauty (had to check):
                              "Kawakubo claims that she named her company Comme des Garcons ('like boys') simply because she liked the way it sounds, insisting that there is no underlying political meaning, although it may be tempting to believe otherwise."
                              This doesn't imply she didn't know what it meant ...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                                i wonder which system of 'philosophy' can have a hooded bag as a consequence.
                                you tell us!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎