X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Love this:

I appreciate the style in Europe, but a lot of the looks would be viewed as goth depending on which city you visit in the US (all of them).
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Urthwhyte View Post
      Morsto, all those photos are from this photoset on flickr and loaded in from their site in an entirely kosher manner. I originally wrote it so that when browsing the stream myself I didn't need to suffer through flickr's 2004-era scrolling; sharing something you've done and think others might benefit from is an entirely natural reaction. Had anyone complained (and I did post it in the same HoF thread from which the set was linked) I would have taken it down without question.

Joni, yes, that's true, but I don't think the point is to reach everyone. With 60,000 readers that's more or less impossible. If a few people see something, like it, and learn more that's not a poor outcome in my eyes. It's one of the ways in which people find niche forums such as this
      None of these pictures were taken by you, and thus they are not yours to reproduce elsewhere. There is a difference between reprinting press photos that I think you may not be familiar with. If you want to educate the masses, take your own photos.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Kirky
        Banned
        • Dec 2010

WTF can't believe i actually did this..

shame on me of selling my beloved Rick owens leather due to my 'broke' condition caused by overspending.

Umm...sent a big payment for a Julius 09a/w leather from Klengspiel(king of classifieds)...well, haven't got any reply from him for 3 days. Maybe he's just busy? hopefully someone who knows him IRL can help me remind him of sending my leather out to me :' (
        Last edited by Kirky; 01-09-2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• derpington
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Kirky View Post
          WTF can't believe i actually did this..

shame on me of selling my beloved Rick owens leather due to my 'broke' condition caused by overspending.
          Am I alone in thinking it is a really a poor choice to put the name and address of someone you're sending a $1K+ jacket in the mail to on a public website where anyone nearby could possibly just swipe it if it's left in an unlocked mailbox or on a doorstep? I know I would be pissed if someone did this to me. So heads up Todd in New Jersey I guess.

Comment

• Dane
            HAMMERTIME
            • Feb 2011

lulz.
            i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• t-bone
              • Dec 2009

derpington calls out derping, how appropriate.

Comment

• several_girls
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
                http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashiona...bkit_browsers/

It's with the fact that 80-90% of these people are paying for the clothes with inherited / gifted money, especially going off the fact that a lot of them seem barely out of high school.

Are you lot really trust fund kids? I sure as hell am not. Also where do they get the stats from?
                They're pulling their stats out of their ass. As I see it, if you have a full time job you can afford these clothes, you'll just be spending a disproportionate amount of your income on them. I think they're just seeing the retail prices without knowing a lot of the transactions take place at 50% off or more.

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                I must say I find it sort of weird that you take it upon yourself, being a completely random person, to save every picture from a private forum and post it on reddit of all places.
                I suppose I can't complain that much since I don't post in waywt, but I still find it kind of creepy, not to talk about utterly unnecessary, considering the audience you are presenting it to.
                Maybe this attitude comes with growing up with the internet but I don't find it so creepy. We're posting up pictures on public forum for thousands of strangers to view online. WAYWT is a very exhibitionist exercise. The whole archivist attitude towards these things is growing with tumblr; most of which seem to just be repositories of interesting images.

Also, it wouldn't take that much time to compile all WAYWT pictures from any forum if you have a web crawler. It would take 5 minutes at most.

Comment

• morsto
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
                  Maybe this attitude comes with growing up with the internet but I don't find it so creepy. We're posting up pictures on public forum for thousands of strangers to view online. WAYWT is a very exhibitionist exercise. The whole archivist attitude towards these things is growing with tumblr; most of which seem to just be repositories of interesting images.

Also, it wouldn't take that much time to compile all WAYWT pictures from any forum if you have a web crawler. It would take 5 minutes at most.
                  It's irrelevant how long it would take to gather all the pictures.
                  And there is a big difference between tumblr, which as you say is a clusterfuck of re-posted images, and SZ, which is a niche forum where every photo posted is a personal photo from the member posting it.
                  I commented on it because first of all, I know I'd feel uncomfortable appearing in some garbage community because a noob feels to be the chosen one to spread the SZ message, acting as some SZ ambassador, which is clearly not needed as this community is niche for a reason.
                  My second gripe with it is of a more egoistical nature, as I feel the quality of new members are generally piss poor, and surely posting SZ references in one of the most troll/moron-infested communities on the internet can hardly impact this positively. :p
                  I do not recognise the vessel,
                  but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Rosenrot
                    • Aug 2010

I commented on it because first of all, I know I'd feel uncomfortable appearing in some garbage community because a noob feels to be the chosen one to spread the SZ message, acting as some SZ ambassador, which is clearly not needed as this community is niche for a reason.
                    This is the internet, no matter where you post whether in some little-known blackhole or fashionspot, someone else is bound to take it and put it somewhere else. For anyone who can't deal with it they should do the obvious, ie. don't put up their photos.

My second gripe with it is of a more egoistical nature, as I feel the quality of new members are generally piss poor
                    I didn't realise we've signed up to please you, your highness.

And for all those who are calling Urthwhyte a 'n00b' - really? In this space that is supposedly brimming with intelligence, surely name-calling is beneath you, no? At least the guy has good intention to educate the so-called sartorial 'morons'. For all you know your photos have ended up on sites that make fun of your dressing stolen by some random unknown.
                    Originally posted by Patroklus
                    Better too adventurous than not enough
                    everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Rosenrot View Post
                      This is the internet, no matter where you post whether in some little-known blackhole or fashionspot, someone else is bound to take it and put it somewhere else. For anyone who can't deal with it they should do the obvious, ie. don't put up their photos.
                      its still not the same thing, as morsto just said. there is a difference between saving a picture and posting it somewhere (the tumblr effect), and copying and reposting the contents of an entire site (or in this case a massive thread). I don't support either activity, but the latter seems even more strange to me.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Rosenrot
                        • Aug 2010

^^Wasn't there a blog that selects fits purely from WAYWT thread? If my memory serves me right, it was done out of mockery. So if you want to talk creepy, that's one to pick on isn't it?

Yes I understand it's not pleasant if your photos are put up elsewhere without your permission, but don't need to tear the guy apart. At least he thinks positively of you (you as in the 'chosen' ones to represent sartorial intelligence).

Peace
                        Originally posted by Patroklus
                        Better too adventurous than not enough
                        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

WTF happened to my favorite designer?

1 2 3 4 5
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• who cares in a 100 years

Comment

• munch
                              • Aug 2008

I actually sort of like the red buckle sneaks... if only I wasn't so poor.

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

All of those items could be appreciated in themselves and I'm not saying they're ugly (who cares what I think anyways).

What troubles me is that imho they are diametrically opposed to the design values Ann stands (or stood) for. Loud and overwrought garments for bohemian party ninjas. The footwear can almost be considered fucking trendy.

The main reason I like Ann for, even before the brand's aesthetic, is her brilliant patterns and detailing that made her garments unique and sophisticated in the most delicate way. The shoulders, the sleeve cuffs, the pleats, the seams, the fabrics. If you looked at her pieces from afar they looked like any other jacket or trousers. But in movement they were simply beautiful, and the emotions and images they csubtly ommunicated were exactly what I wanted to wear. I feel all this is lost now, and we are witnessing Ann buying into her own bohemian-whatever image, while marginalizing and renegotiating her work from simply good garments to fashion victim territory stuff.

This is the only thing I'd buy from the whole collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎