X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patroklus
    Banned
    • Feb 2011

I think that's just drape. I have a lot of experience looking at other dude's cocks at that doesn't look like a cock.

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

Wearing grey herring'bone' always has that affect on me.
      Especially from banana repubic.
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• anomolies
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
        I think that's just drape. I have a lot of experience looking at other dude's cocks at that doesn't look like a cock.
        I don't know if that's a fashion wtf or just a wtf.

Comment

• theconsumer
          • Feb 2009

it may be subliminal manipulation

Comment

• CHRIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2006

ahahhahahhhahahahaahahahahahahhaahahahha

that auntie anne's ad is so brilliantly rancid

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

Comment

• morsto
                • Nov 2008

^ was actually not as bad as I had thought, considering it's on reddit..had a lulz when I saw a (newer) sz member in there though, in between the poorly fitted suits and street/work-wear
                I do not recognise the vessel,
                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by anomolies View Post
                  I don't know if that's a fashion wtf or just a wtf.
                  gay men and doctors do exist you know.

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

I'm not gay, I just have a penis fetish. What's wrong with that?

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                      ^ was actually not as bad as I had thought, considering it's on reddit..had a lulz when I saw a (newer) sz member in there though, in between the poorly fitted suits and street/work-wear
                      hi.

We all had to start somewhere (and the IRC is much, much better than the subreddit. More Guidi than Geox discussion)

Comment

• Rosenrot
                        • Aug 2010

It's with the fact that 80-90% of these people are paying for the clothes with inherited / gifted money, especially going off the fact that a lot of them seem barely out of high school.

Are you lot really trust fund kids? I sure as hell am not. Also where do they get the stats from?
                        Originally posted by Patroklus
                        Better too adventurous than not enough
                        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                          • Oct 2011

It is a forum that is the grown male's equivalent of Grranimals, intended for people coming from cargo shorts and oversized (in a non-intentional fashion) tee shirts. It does not have a userbase as educated as SF's MC, lacks the variety of Superfuture, and intentionally does not have the heavy moderation of dumb questions, whether by communal mocking or moderators themselves seen here. If it is considered as a place for people who have never before in their lives taken a piece of clothing and considered "Does this flatter my body and help present myself in a positive manner to others?" to learn the basics of style, that comment will make much more sense.

Also take into account the very different demographics that reddit and SZ attract - I would even go so far as to venture that they are for the majority of purposes disjoint sets. The former started off with a userbase very similar to HackerNews; programming and its various offshoots are still some of the largest subreddits, despite their marked decline in quality. To make a hasty generalization and draw from my own background, the general approach when a developer or engineer finds they have a problem is something like the following:
                          1. Has someone had this problem before?
                          2. If yes, have they written about how they resolved this problem?
                          3. Is the answer they have provided similar enough to my issue to help me solve it?
                          4. If there is not a specific solution, is there a more generic one that might substitute?
                          5. If all else fails, where do I start my research?

I work and study in an industry where sharing your non-proprietary work for everyone to learn and benefit from is the ideal, and where there exists some modicum of accepted Best Practice. Developing personal style takes a shift of perspective just as learning to program did, but it is a perspective foreign to the majority of those who accomplished the first. If you then compare it to those who post most heavily on SZ, there is a far higher concentration of people in the arts and humanities, which on the whole attracts a different type of person than engineering or the sciences. The myth of the asocial neckbeard *nix developer and unrelatable MechE did not, after all, spring from the public consciousness as Athena did Zeus' forehead. This leads to the "Guide for Everything" mindset that is so prevalent and the cookie cutter nature of the WAYWT. The short lived nature of threads on reddit makes longer discussions a rarity and compiling a "megathread" of knowledge a chore, and user churn compounds the problem. The majority of members who develop past the Button Down, Dark Slim Denim, Clarks Desert Boot uniform of SF two years ago leave for greener pastures and more developed communities while the new members keep flooding in, creating a negative feedback loop.

The particularly masochistic, adventurous, or just plain stupid (I place myself in the lattermost category) come here and start to learn and appreciate an entirely different aesthetic, and ask plenty of horrible and repetitive questions in the process. I've certainly made an ass ofmyself the previous 89 times I've posted, and I'm sure this will be the 90th with many more to come, but there's no doubt in my mind that my foot comes slightly more removed from my mouth each time I open it. Perhaps with a few hundred more attempts I'll come up with something coherent.

tl;dr: Don't drink for two hours to see if it introduces a new perspective on a problem then post about a contentious topic on SZ

Comment

• morsto
                            • Nov 2008

I must say I find it sort of weird that you take it upon yourself, being a completely random person, to save every picture from a private forum and post it on reddit of all places.
                            I suppose I can't complain that much since I don't post in waywt, but I still find it kind of creepy, not to talk about utterly unnecessary, considering the audience you are presenting it to.
                            I do not recognise the vessel,
                            but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• Shucks
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                              I must say I find it sort of weird that you take it upon yourself, being a completely random person, to save every picture from a private forum and post it on reddit of all places.
                              I suppose I can't complain that much since I don't post in waywt, but I still find it kind of creepy, not to talk about utterly unnecessary, considering the audience you are presenting it to.

totally seconding this. what the fuck, n00bwhyte.

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                                • Oct 2011

Morsto, all those photos are from this photoset on flickr and loaded in from their site in an entirely kosher manner. I originally wrote it so that when browsing the stream myself I didn't need to suffer through flickr's 2004-era scrolling; sharing something you've done and think others might benefit from is an entirely natural reaction. Had anyone complained (and I did post it in the same HoF thread from which the set was linked) I would have taken it down without question.

Joni, yes, that's true, but I don't think the point is to reach everyone. With 60,000 readers that's more or less impossible. If a few people see something, like it, and learn more that's not a poor outcome in my eyes. It's one of the ways in which people find niche forums such as this

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎