X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    eh, some earlier incarnations of isuck were questionable, but i see him relatively often and he actually looks really good in RO, Doma, etc.

I gotta see it to believe it

Last few photos I saw of him in Augusta/MA+ etc looked really awkward. To me he's the poster boy for buying into an aesthetic without any real appreciation. Remember when he read Pnod mention that he was an artist? He straight up said "contact me, I'll buy your stuff."

Overall it just consistently left a bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention some story about attending some LV opening and sipping tea out of LV china while Kanye West gave him a look or something just gross like that. It just comes across as soulless.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Magician
      • Jul 2008

^ I kind of know "isuck" as well and he's actually a pretty great guy IRL.

I'm sure you realize that a fair amount of the stuff he did/does on fashion sites is just to fuck with people a little and get a reaction.
      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Magician View Post
        ^ I kind of know "isuck" as well and he's actually a pretty great guy IRL.

I'm sure you realize that a fair amount of the stuff he did/does on fashion sites is just to fuck with people a little and get a reaction.
        it's true, the online persona of some people is not synonymous with the IRL persona. Having never met him, the online version is alll I have to go on.

Perhaps one day our paths will cross.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

^yeah, he's an IRL friend so it's probably not something I can be objective about.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by merz
            sometimes i can't help it when the recent purchases thread reads as though someone walked into Atelier and triumphantly bellowed at the top of their lungs "I'LL TAKE IT.. ALL OF IT', followed by a too-long moment of bewildering silence.
            I knew someone was going to mention Recent Purchases after what I said, but generally speaking, I think there is a notable difference between posting there and telling A&F clad kids in your class about how much of your dads money you blow

its a thin line between fries and a shake
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• landwolf
              Banned
              • Apr 2008

i think we can all agree that raf's recent history of collections has gone anywhere from 'underwhelming' to 'absolute fucking rubbish' over the past couple of years in short order, with the only exception to this being perhaps f/w 08 womens raf for jil, which i felt to have been a very strong collection in the sense of concept & quality of what he could've been doing everywhere else, if he weren't spread so thin (raf by raf for raf from raf..)

the buys, as casius had mentioned, don't help things any, rendering what he produces largely irrelevant to those people you've suggested him just wanting to be 'really excited about his clothes' or whatever that was. Besides sneaks & the sort of hype rubbish, which is what leads to the sort of photographs. didn't have fuck all to do with it being a black guy wearing them, landwolf, or some representative of an aesthetic/culture other than the sz variety, if there were such a thing. i honestly don't think you to have seriously suggested that. maybe i'm giving you too much credit? i'd rather think of you as an obvious troll than a fucking moron, so i hope you'll understand. a raf piece isn't something one could easily imagine worn in context similar to i got me some bapes man. i guess we sort of slept through raf reaching that point where brand hype eclipsed the substance of his designs, which has been lacking in his work of late, and that substance was always the one thing about him that you could take for granted, even if you didn't necessarily agree with particular aesthetic choices/direction from one season to another. so much for that.

as for whether any designer cares about this forum or not - i don't know really, but a lot of us here make clothes. couple of people who started out posting their work to this forum are now being carried by the same places stocking poell or julius or whatever else. does that qualify them as designers in your mind? i'd really love to have an explanation of what would - humour me.

my only suggestion would be for you to try and contribute to the discussion for a bit before lapsing into the sort of self-indulgent yet utterly clue-deficient pronouncement wankery. that is, if you want anyone to dignify it with a halfway-serious consideration & response.
              to recap,

i've actually enjoyed some of what landwolf has said in the past, but baiting isn't anything new to him, you can check his post history for some amusing past instances. so i didn't think for a second that he bought any of what he tried to sell in that comment. the context within which objections were made to 'i got me some rafs man' was obvious enough that you didn't need fuuma to jump in and write some two-page wall of text sprinkled with deleuze, lacan & foaming ejaculate for it to make sense - it was not about some 'average-looking black guy' wearing them. so yeah, i'd rather believe landwolf's just up to his old being-a-prick persona than sincerely stupid. it was supposed to be a compliment, maybe i didn't hammer it in enough?

or maybe i was just wrong? fuck knows.
              Wasn't trying to be a prick. I'm sorry you interpreted my comment that way.

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

merz your posts today have been top notch. you have an easy way with words that's quite something.

Comment

• Jon
                  • Apr 2008

with baby vadl gone, you've some seriously large shoes to fill :|
                  I was just thinking about how much I miss his posts. definitely a welcome presence as far as I'm concerned.
                  perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Jon
                    • Apr 2008

fixed it for you.
                    i'm a linguist/interpreter though, so its something of a job pre-requisite.
                    merz - cunning linguist....
                    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

too good not to sig

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      Landwolf, why don't you go buy yourself a Raf beach towel.

Comment

• YoungM
                        • Nov 2008

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Kill_switch View Post
                        hes spending way too much at his age, he says together hes buying around 5 things for 5 grand buy next winter. two pairs of boots (one lace-up), 2 suits and a leather jacket. i asked him why the suits already, he said he really likes carol's cuts and he wants the blazer+pants and so he has it all for the future.

While this is probably the worst thing I could possibly do, I'm going to address this. The aforementioned kid is me. Before I'm brutally run out of this delightful forum as an idiot, I'd like to give a few things in my defense.

First, my financial situation. I'm young. I'm advantaged. But I do work hard- my ability to spend comes mostly from my having NO expenses. So, while I make slightly more than my companions, the main difference is how I spend it. I haven't bought an item of clothing in nearly six months, short of a pair of raw jeans. I'd happily dress in one pair of jeans, hanes v-necks, and be able to own a rick jacket, and a pair of CCP bootz. 'Tis simply the way I'd enjoy spending my money. Also, his quote on how much I make per hour was WAY off.

As for out-growing the stuff- I don't think that will happen. I'm actually 17, and 6' 180lbs. I might get a bit of height, but my shoe size hasn't changed in a good while.

And, finally, on the charge of egregious bragging about my spending ability in the midst of my high school history class. I don't. I would have never discussed clothing with this youth, had he not noticed my aforementioned raw denim, and struck up a conversation. I merely told him (quietly, I might add) some of my interests, seeing him as a possible fellow enthusiast. And then, I told him some of my "goals" for summer. In fact, the only yelling about my spending habits came from him telling everyone in my history class how much my raw jeans cost, which, as you all might imagine, is something I would otherwise keep quiet. I'm rather WASP-esque in my feelings on the discussion of money. He knew this of his own accord- not because I told him.

Anyway, hopefully that clears a bit up.

Also, Raf is crazy.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

No one is kicking you out, youngm
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

One troll per forum policy, sorry merz.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

The plot thickens...
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Sombre
                                • Jan 2009

EDIT since I read the comments that followed Chinorlz's.
                                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎