X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sound&vision
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Silk View Post
    I'm sure you all heard about Sarah Palins' spending spree when she was running with John McCain. Check out this piece of this article I saw today that talks about how they are trying to bust her in court.

"The purchases included $75,062 worth at Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis; $49,425 at Saks Fifth Avenue; $9,447 at Macy's; and $789 at the luxury retailer Barneys New York. Goods were also bought for Palin family members, such as $4,902 spent at upscale men's store Atelier and $92 at Pacifier, a Minneapolis baby boutique."

Damn, wonder if this was for her husband or maybe her son?? I wonder if anyone can dig up a picture of the person wearing said Atelier gear.
    Old meme, and the mystery has been solved, it was actually a mix-up with another store if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

that is correct
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jcotteri
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by merz
        'only reason i'm selling is to pay the rent. That shit retailed for wa more and is considerably rare. Some jap will buy it. I mean, watchoo talkin bout, willis? a pair of lame KVA dior jeans would sell for about the same. Dude is probably jewish..'

eugene, maybe someone should hire the guy as a clairvoyant seer or something.
        I ws going o post this a few days ago in goodfinds until i saw the price
        WTB: This

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
          'only reason i'm selling is to pay the rent. That shit retailed for wa more and is considerably rare. Some jap will buy it. I mean, watchoo talkin bout, willis? a pair of lame KVA dior jeans would sell for about the same. Dude is probably jewish..'

eugene, maybe someone should hire the guy as a clairvoyant seer or something.
          What piece is this the description of?

Sometimes I think there should be a section just for ebay WTFs. The leather daddy ebay seller comes to mind same goes with the pants-half-off-with-no-underwear-on Dior Homme seller

I think it's hilarious when some sellers put "gay interest" in the title of some of their items. It's Dior/Helmut/Jil. Nothing really gay interest about it haha
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

ohhh
            sorry i'm a bit slow these days G hahaha

but ask me anything about a random/obscure disease state and I can tell you the world.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• pipcleo
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
              As far as an outsider is concerned Australia and NZ are the same.
              both zambesi and nom*D are NZ and are related.

If you know your Carpe etc ie you would have guessed by now.
              I dont have time to search for CoN pieces on the net. My observation was based on visiting their showroom and from stores.
              Its fucking obvious. Gareth started the label after moving to New York and did his homework at Atelier - this is a fact.

No one said australian designers arent doing positive things.
              They just dont deliver to a refined client. Im going no further on this topic.

Id like to call on pipcleo to sum things up in 2 words.
              i wont bother with a summation of mouse et al
              better to stick with assins in-house brand if finances constrain
              this will soon be available in a new gertrude st store along with
              selected dark shadow detritus and sequined dior of days past
              ndf , i echo your sentiments regarding over reaching australian designers , but none do it with the self assured arrogance of team zambesi.... can see them downsizing yet again soon

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                For pnidz. A year ago I'd put it in good finds, but with recession, this goes into WTF.
                cool piece but 500 is pretty steep this time of year/recession
                ill pay 200 haha
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• jcotteri
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by pipcleo View Post
                  i wont bother with a summation of mouse et al
                  better to stick with assins in-house brand if finances constrain
                  this will soon be available in a new gertrude st store along with
                  selected dark shadow detritus and sequined dior of days past
                  ndf , i echo your sentiments regarding over reaching australian designers , but none do it with the self assured arrogance of team zambesi.... can see them downsizing yet again soon
                  I'm curious to see this. They mainly stock over priced womens wear don't they. I went in there once and saw some two year old exploder for full retail afaik.. please expand upon this..It's a big beautiful store space though..pity

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

I haven't visited the zambesi store on flinders lane many times but the kiwi SA there was quite lovely to deal with, shame they've dropped mens RO/drkshdw and MMM though.

Comment

• dji
                      • Feb 2008

haha, yeah I'm in no way defending Zambesi as a label, just saying the kiwi girl working there was very nice (one of the male SA's I spoke with once was a complete wanker though). the quality and design of the line is subpar, their deer skin leather jacket looked and felt like vinyl (not to mention it cost $2K for a partially lined jacket).

Comment

• jcotteri
                        • Jun 2008

this seller in general..
                        this listing is extra special

+h&m single earing?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

but did you notice

"There is no any H&M wording on the earring, but it is guarateed to be an authentic H&M earring,"

shit aint no fake yo
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

yep and pricey undercover "collector" pieces

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

if the n(n) "collectors" items are actually authentic, the seller has managed to find the most retarded looking shit ever
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• jcotteri
                                • Jun 2008

yep pretty much and a serious price to boot..

i always hated those super distressed/detroyed jeans but once i saw someone wear them they were not as bad as i fist thought. Still would never wear them

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎