• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • North
    • Sep 2008

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

Just came back from Richie (or whatever his name is spelled) Hawtins fashion label opening...his (female) assistant is sooo hot...
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

there is another designer...

Originally posted by merz
        yes, but does she make the tea?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Here's the WHAT THE FUCK of the day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carol-Christian-Poell-Overlock-Calf-Leather-Jacket-54_W0QQitemZ270392243922QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_ MC_Outerwear?hash=item3ef4a236d2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

and just in case he reads this forum and edits it, here is the original description:

"Carol Christian Poell Mens Overlock Calf Leather Jacket Seal-Gray This leather jacket from Carol Christian Poell is extremely rare and sought after. It was out for 2 seasons but not this most recent season. Fall 07 -08 male. It features a very slim cut, with a more finer and tailored look along with a very heavy calf leather which has been treated to give a more worn feel although still looking very clean. It's very reminiscent of a tailored shirt with its sharp collar but it's short slim above the belt cut looks more like it's made for moto-cross. This jacket has only been worn half a dozen times and is in MINT condition. If you know CCP and this jacket, then you know that there were only about 20 total imported into the United States. Altelier in NYC received most of them with Alan Bilzerian in Boston and maxwell's in LA receiving the remainder. The unique aspect to this jacket is the it's a size 54 (about a mens 44 suite coat size) which is one size larger than most of the ones that were brought over to the states. Net-net, you don't have to be a waif to fit into this. It's very slimming and looks great in both a casual and professional setting. If you're lucky enough to have one of these, you'll be in the same league as Jude Law and Brad pitt, both of who own the very same jacket (see pictures). Unfortunately, I have some expenses that I have to deal with which is pushing me to part with this incredible piece of couture. I originally paid $8,000 but given the fact that's it's rare, highly sough after and expensive to being with, it will take $10,000 for me to part with this. Happy to deliver the jacket in New England and NYC. Otherwise, will ship via FED EX for signature at no expense to buyer "

#1. it's not $8000.
          #2. There is no store called Maxwells or Altelier
          #3. you're retarded for not only inflating your purchasing price (presumably you got it from Lazzari since you used their photos... where it was $3500-4000 unless you got it on sale there, then it's even less) but outright saying you want another $2k for it
          #4 Pitt and Law aren't even wearing the same jacket.
          #5 Weren't something like 40+ of these made?
          #6 A size 54 certainly isn't "unique"

If you're reading this Mr. lister, Mr teacup chihuahua 65, stop being a dick. No one is going to buy your jacket and over the course of the next couple of months we'll watch you relist the jacket for a lower and lower and lower price with "best offer considered" added to it until it comes down to something reasonable or we'll watch you disappear back into your Brookline hovel behind the Brookline Booksmith.

You bastard.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

My precious, my precious!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

ahaha, cant believe it...btw, is it common to send mails to such sellers and tell them how ridicolous that is?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                albert you've made my day.

hehehe Glad I could provide some entertainment G :)

for a further WTF, see what else he's selling. Dansko clogs and childrens clothes?

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

hahaha. what a classic, thanks A.
                  let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Babyshamble
                    • Apr 2009

LOL yeah, that is crazy. He has some really wierd stuff going for $30 or so, and then has the Poell jacket for $10,000.

What was that strange world called in Eerie Indiana again? :)

Comment

• jcotteri
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                      I dunno of this counts but I think the whole australian fashion industry could count as a WTF

Chronicles of Never? (Cough) Chronicles of badly done Carpe?

im pretty sure you guys troll this forum

newsflash.. we know you SUCK like ISUCK
                      You know i think this is totally unfair and please post proof of why you think this is so close to CDiem thanks I think if it was to share similarities to anything it would be ro, annyd etc

There are also other great Australian designers out there like Lui Hon, Frederich Gray etc.

also theaddict how was the show? You know i thougt it was really funny today when i was looking through this album and the similarity to Maurizio Amadei and the likes.. funny that

The shot with him holding the cube, hah those boots have to be RO
                      WTB: This

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

hmmm, i have not been to that show...seems quite lowgrade when i look at the crowd...
                        I was only at a private little event at the shop "Apartment" here in Berlin with just a few people...John FG was there with wifey, Campbell, the Apartment people and the typical crowd...nothing spectacular, was just nice to have a little chat, have a drink and go...to my new favorite super original japanese ramyun shop...
                        Stuff really looks like RO, the designer was wearing a hoodie which i first thought would be the SS Rick for women...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

^ another celeb copying Rick as their own a la Olsen twins? That's too bad

So-Ang, where's the ramyun shop located at?

Over in Wilmersdorf I used to bike down the street to this place called Tian-Fu (15 berliner strasse). It was a small chinese restaurant connected to a chinese supermarket. There was essentially one cook and they specialize in noodles. For every order, he takes the dough and hand pulls the noodles. None are pre-pulled or pre-made, each order is made when it is taken. Delicious, amazing and very inexpensive.

They also have some of the best soup dumplings outside of China/Taiwan which are also sold frozen at the connected supermarket. Amazing stuff :)

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by inthemix.com.au
                            Richie does techno ninja for the launch of his coveted 'Cube'.
                            WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

W T F
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

Albert, the japanese noodle shop is on Gipsstrasse corner Auguststrasse in Mitte. Its right beside to the Cuchi, which is the pan-asia stylish restaurant with soso food but nice looking crowd...i definitely prefer the noodle house.

Wow, i gotta check out your recommendation, although its pretty far outside if its in Wilmersdorf...but handrolled noodles is something i am craving for as i am craving for CCPoodle...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎