Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Real Real
    • Feb 2007

The Mercator. It's a double retrograde watch (one hand points at the hour, one hand points at the minute, and the hands jump back at midnight/noon and at the beginning of every hour).

There are a lot of different versions - different maps or surfaces (enamel)...

This might be my favorite of them all - reminds me of childhood dreams about Jules Verne books.

Comment

• thelion1856
      • Dec 2006

one of the sweetest watches i've ever seen is ayn's vintage military watch. i forgot what it was but maybe he will post some new picks of it again with his new camera!

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

_____
        Last edited by Diego; 02-09-2009, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• baubas
          • Dec 2008

Image Hosting

this is THE Watch to my taste... and i am so happy i got it before becoming unemployed.....

Comment

• Wiggles
            • Sep 2008

Been eyeing this one for a while, thinking about finally pulling the trigger soon

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

I've been thinking about picking up a watch recently - I'm tempted to get one of the Natalia Brilli leather wrapped ones just to contrast with the outfits I'd actually wear with a watch, but on the other hand (I just watched Le Samourai again tonight) it might be nice to have something that will make a little more sense with shirt cuffs (something quite a bit smaller).

I'd be interested in anything along these lines - relatively quite small and relatively quite plain and relatively inexpensive.
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

^Servo, if craftsmanship isn't a concern for you - if you really are only concerned about aesthetic, take a look at some of the watches at Momastore. Most of them meet your criteria. Issey Miyake would be good as well.
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

My dream, Audemar Piguet Royal oak 15300 or the small version...

Last edited by theaddict; 03-10-2009, 04:57 PM.
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• TRSltd
                    • Feb 2009

i've got the same (diods shining only when you pushed on the button)

but i want them

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                      I've been thinking about picking up a watch recently - I'm tempted to get one of the Natalia Brilli leather wrapped ones just to contrast with the outfits I'd actually wear with a watch, but on the other hand (I just watched Le Samourai again tonight) it might be nice to have something that will make a little more sense with shirt cuffs (something quite a bit smaller).

I'd be interested in anything along these lines - relatively quite small and relatively quite plain and relatively inexpensive.
                      My friend wears a vintage french army watch from the 60s on a leather strap. It's a lot more elegantly designed than 99% of luxury swiss watches (which, for the most part, look horrible). I'd get that. Delon himself wore Patek, well at least he gave one to his friend/bodyguard. The way the watch is worn (right wrist, turned inside) is the way Melville wore his watches. Yes I care about these details, Melville and Delon being two people I'm somewhat obsessed with.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• mw000
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                        My dream, Audemar Piguet Royal oak 15300 or the small version...

Audemars Royal Oaks are a nice choice

Vintage B-uhrs are always nice too. These are made by IWC, Stowa, Wempe and Laco for WW2
                        ________
                        apple games
                        Last edited by mw000; 01-22-2011, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                          he way the watch is worn (right wrist, turned inside) is the way Melville wore his watches. Yes I care about these details, Melville and Delon being two people I'm somewhat obsessed with.
                          Honestly, it was sort of that exact moment when he gets back to the apartment and turned his wrist inwards to check the time that I just sort of said to myself, "Well, looks like I'm going to need a watch now." Something about the movement was definitely key.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• deluks917
                            • Mar 2009

I wear a black dial/black strap seiko spirit.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

Le Samourai is a very stylish movie. Loved it for the mood, particularly. It's a very SZ film. I would personally think a small watch might be difficult to work into certain outfits. It's flirting with femininity, but in a world of sheer shirts and mesh wraps, it's not exactly strange to the aesthetic.

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post

Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

i know nothing about watches and how to procure them for good prices. i'm looking for an iwc portuguese chrono automatic watch. what's the best way to get this at the best price?
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎