X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

yes, i don;t know shit about watched either. i have a tag i got for an anniversary gift, my great grandfather's gold omega which is small and elegant and a nooka i wear to the gym.

Comment

• rogelro
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
      i know nothing about watches and how to procure them for good prices. i'm looking for an iwc portuguese chrono automatic watch. what's the best way to get this at the best price?
      can try looking here
      Sales posts by private sellers & Sponsors To post items for sale you must be registered for at least 90 days and have 100 posts on the forum.

Comment

• mw000
        • Jan 2009

Try Timezone.com as well.

The car forums I frequent usually have pretty nice pieces available at discount from reputable members

A lot of Panerai, Audemars Piguet, Rolex, Bell & Ross, IWC
        ________
        DR-Z400
        Last edited by mw000; 01-22-2011, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

i know nothing about watches and how to procure them for good prices. i'm looking for an iwc portuguese chrono automatic watch. what's the best way to get this at the best price?
          Go on a Caribbean vacation. The no-tax cost there will offset the difference, and you'll get a vacation out of it.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Real Real
            • Feb 2007

If you're up for buying used, then I like Timezone - it's been good to me.

If you want the experience of buying a new watch, then I would try to learn about the IWC dealers in your area - try to learn about them on one of the watch forums, see if you can find someone reputable who can work with you on the price a bit, maybe 15% or a little more.

I've looked at the IWC Portuguese Chrono-Automatic before, and it's not my favorite model. The Portuguese model has a very distinct, interesting history (basically, a pocket watch movement put on the wrist for a seafaring Portuguese merchant). The Portuguese watches with 7-day movements look and feel like pocket watches for the wrist, and seem in line with the model's history. For some reason, the Chrono-Automatic doesn't...it might be that the watch is slightly smaller than the other Portugueses, or it might be because the Portuguese Chrono-Automatic movement is the exact same one that's in the Mark XVI. I think the Mark XVI pilot's watch is a better choice.

Comment

• mw000
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Real Real View Post

If you want the experience of buying a new watch, then I would try to learn about the IWC dealers in your area - try to learn about them on one of the watch forums, see if you can find someone reputable who can work with you on the price a bit, maybe 15% or a little more.

I've looked at the IWC Portuguese Chrono-Automatic before, and it's not my favorite model. The Portuguese model has a very distinct, interesting history (basically, a pocket watch movement put on the wrist for a seafaring Portuguese merchant). The Portuguese watches with 7-day movements look and feel like pocket watches for the wrist, and seem in line with the model's history. For some reason, the Chrono-Automatic doesn't...it might be that the watch is slightly smaller than the other Portugueses, or it might be because the Portuguese Chrono-Automatic movement is the exact same one that's in the Mark XVI. I think the Mark XVI pilot's watch is a better choice.

Mark XVI pilot is a good choice. My favorite IWC is still the Big Pilot. It sits at 46mm, so it might not be for everyone

This is the older 5002 on buffalo pilot strap

The one on the left is the newer 5004 in white gold w/gunmetal face, right is the older 5002 both on crocodile pilot straps
              ________
              easy vape reviews
              Last edited by mw000; 01-22-2011, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• Alesha
                • Apr 2009

My personal favorites (as in watches I wear daily) are always Omega watch. Especially Seamaster serie, which is unkillable (virtually). First Omega watch I got was at my 20th birthday from my father. And I have to say functionally - they are probably best watch I ever had.

Cartier Santos is late addition - for those fancy meetings. I have to say that they don't thrill me too much though black stone is a nice touch.

What I am after at the moment is something like this:

But hopefully with less screamy details. Preferably pitch black if possible.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
                  My personal favorites (as in watches I wear daily) are always Omega watch. Especially Seamaster serie, which is unkillable (virtually). First Omega watch I got was at my 20th birthday from my father. And I have to say functionally - they are probably best watch I ever had.

Cartier Santos is late addition - for those fancy meetings. I have to say that they don't thrill me too much though black stone is a nice touch.
                  Hahaha, now I know you are Russian ;-)
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

I have a Seamaster that stopped working about one month ago. Should get it repaired. Not unkillable.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• mass
                      • Sep 2006

don't know shit about watches but occasionally i see one i'd wear if i wore them. saw this on acl... vintage a lange & sohne wwii pilot watch

Comment

• Alesha
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Hahaha, now I know you are Russian ;-)
                        Is it the choice or something else?
                        I have a japanese partner who can take a look at a russian and 85% guess his car and watch (if any)... I still don't get how its done.

What scares me is my late female past time companion's watch (fancy way to call a girl ;) ). Looks something like this:

and makes me go WTF everytime she flicks her wrist. Though... Her other watch is even more scary. Gotta love the bling I guess...

They probably fit right in with anything made by Roberto Cavalli, including his vodka...
                        Last edited by Alesha; 05-08-2009, 02:47 AM.
                        Originally posted by interest1
                        I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• aphex27
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Real Real View Post

try for at least 25% off--the way things are now, you can get 30%...
                          i got the watch below at 30% off about a month ago...

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Is it the choice or something else?
                            I have a japanese partner who can take a look at a russian and 85% guess his car and watch (if any)... I still don't get how its done.
                            yes, standard "russian" choices - on both sides of the atlantic, I might add. sorry, don't mean to be stereotypical. and i could probably outdo your japanese partner ;-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mw000
                              • Jan 2009

What I am after at the moment is something like this:

But hopefully with less screamy details. Preferably pitch black if possible.
                              Alinghi colors are black/red with a forged carbon fiber case.

Take a look at the Hublot Big Bang -
                              ________
                              VF750S
                              Last edited by mw000; 01-22-2011, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• mw000
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mass View Post
                                don't know shit about watches but occasionally i see one i'd wear if i wore them. saw this on acl... vintage a lange & sohne wwii pilot watch

You know this sucker is 55mm?

It was meant to be worn over a leather pilots bomber jacket.

Lange, Stowa, Laco and IWC made this exact watch. There is a new repro version made by Laco.

The 18k president's Rolex is the Old Chinese Gangster's watch of choice and the Miami flash roller's choice... totally stereotyping
                                ________
                                Z500/Z550
                                Last edited by mw000; 01-22-2011, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎