X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pipcleo
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by mw000 View Post
    Alinghi colors are black/red with a forged carbon fiber case.

Take a look at the Hublot Big Bang -
    obvious why he left

Comment

• Alesha
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      yes, standard "russian" choices - on both sides of the atlantic, I might add. sorry, don't mean to be stereotypical. and i could probably outdo your japanese partner ;-)
      Had a birthday a few days ago, so I am rolling with a new Rolex lol :D GOSH...

Standart russian choice I thought been Breitling and Rado ;) And I bet you can outdo my Yoko-san he lacks the deeper perspective into mysterious russian soul.

Hublot Big Bang seems perfectly what I been looking for BTW. Now I need to trade Rolex for Hublot... ;)

Now for a question, how edgy are tourbillon watches?
      Originally posted by interest1
      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• mw000
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
        Had a birthday a few days ago, so I am rolling with a new Rolex lol :D GOSH...

Standart russian choice I thought been Breitling and Rado ;) And I bet you can outdo my Yoko-san he lacks the deeper perspective into mysterious russian soul.

Hublot Big Bang seems perfectly what I been looking for BTW. Now I need to trade Rolex for Hublot... ;)

Now for a question, how edgy are tourbillon watches?
        Tourbillons are beautiful. They are the most complex watch movement.

Prepare to pay $60,000 (low) for a JLC Master Tourbillon

to several hundred thousand for more complicated pieces ;)

Richard Mille makes beautiful tourbillons. These start at around 200k if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Funny, I was walking by an ad of that JLC. Another one of my favorite brands. Alesha, I guess you are a true baller.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mw000
            • Jan 2009

Funny, I was walking by an ad of that JLC. Another one of my favorite brands. Alesha, I guess you are a true baller.
            JLC makes a lot of beautiful pieces whether classic or new age technical.

They are a highly underrated brand and have relatively poor resale which is great for someone looking for a preowned piece.

Comment

• Alesha
              • Apr 2009

Tourbillon watches indeed tend to be fairly high priced - though I have hard times tying it to the prices.

I been told that they make excellent investment in case you need to roll out of mother russia fast, you can normally easily get 60-90% for them in good condition. Sometimes even profit if its a very rare ones.

As for baller - I don't fly Jets yet ;)

-> Trading Rolex for Hublot seems to be increadibly hard - this sucks.
              Originally posted by interest1
              I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• spastic_koala
                • Sep 2008

While they aren't too unique, I've always been a bit of a fan of the fairly classic look of Dornblueths. I also like the blue color they use on pretty much all of their hands.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

My favorite watch face:

Aesthetically satisfying, nothing extra, no brand I have to stare at every time I check the time.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Agent L
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                    my dream watches

lange 1

&

f.p. journe octa calendrier
                    Nice choices. Lange Double-Split and IWC Portugeuse Minute Repeater. Youtube the minute repeaters. Someday...

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

If anyone is in a market for a watch, Ebay is dumping a stash of Maurice Lacroix watches at good prices, + 30% off if you join the "fashion vault" for free. I would go for it if I had the dough.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dödskalle
                        • Apr 2010

Vintage watches

I own a good few watches, for a long time I saw them as the one acceptable accessory for a man. These days I am cheating with some Werkstatt bracelet and a wedding ring!
                        Anyways I was deep into the vintage Omeaga swamp and I own a few rarities. The ones I tend to wear the most though is now a Omega Flightmaster 911. A Omega Speedsonic "Lobstertail" and sometimes I wear the chunky Omega Seamaster "Ploprof". They are all from early seventies and quite original watches. I find their clean looks suit well with the clothing I wear.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

i sold all my good watches and use a phone to tell time. panerais are nice but their just jewelry IMO.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

now i know you really retired from business.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

^hah, no sadly still working but between phone, ipad and laptop I always know what time it is. Plus, my wife calls hourly, she is more reliable than a church bell.

Comment

• gnow
                                • Jun 2010

Men's Watches

Notice that there wasn't a thread on watches so far (if there is I'm sorry for making a new one), and I really would like to see what's SZ's take on time pieces considering the amount which are being spent on clothes.

Personally, I feel that a watch is a staple item which should be incorporated into one's wardrobe. Age, society, status, price, material, construction, history etc. all could play a role in deciding which timepiece to wear, or purchase.

In short, I would like to know what most of you guys are wearing, and how, if you did, incorporate it into your wardrobe. Feel free to provide pictures if necessary.

As for me, being an undergraduate myself, I have been saving forever and am still awaiting my first luxury timepiece purchase in the form of Bell & Ross BR03-92. I was close to purchasing last year, but it was sold out, and part of the fund eventually went to a guidi backzip, and a couple of LUC pieces, not to forget a vacation to Australia .

For my everyday activities as a student, I am currently wearing a Casio G-shock GW-3000BD-1AJF (image courtesy of Rakuten)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎