X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: F/W 06 Sales

Hahaha He's done it before! It's not a lot... like about 20% or so but if he's got the dress shirts/long sleeved tees then it could be worthwhile [:D]
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Just got back from Alan Bilzerian.... Carpe is 30% off! All of it.

They have 1 mandarin collar white button up sz. 3 i think around $300ish

2 gray crushed leather shirts (i think size 3 and 4) $1745 after discount

a few of the extended sleeve lining blazers (sizes 2-5 I believe) in gray and 1 in black- $1240 or so after discount

various gray and black pants including some weird ones for around $780-800 each size 2-5

same shoes as before... all a few hundred off.

some short and long sleeved tees for around $280 after discount.

Leather pants are also around $1700ish after discount

I didn't check the purple short linen blazer/jacket nor the reversible zip up sweatshirt thing but I think they're all around $800ish

They also have 1 black cashmere freeform (read: square) hat with a bit of a salt stain treatment on one part. about $200 after discount.

They have Rick Owens long sleeved tees in various colors too that you have to ask about. Probably around $180ish on sale. Not sure about the sizes.

-Albert

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• LanceP
        • Oct 2006

^^ Wow, what'd you end up buying? Pics, pics, pics...

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="LanceP"]^^ Wow, what'd you end up buying? Pics, pics, pics...
          [/quote]

I actually walked away with nothing.

For those prices (even at discount) there was nothing that was a "must have" for me.

I'll probably get some pieces at Atelier tomorrow though.

Comment

• sbw4224
            • Sep 2006

I visited Alan Bilzerian today. While I do like the store a lot, there was not a lot of sizes left in many of the pieces I was interested in. If you're in Boston, it's worth a stop by, but I don't think it's worth it to drive to Boston JUST for their sale.

Barney's had the Cloak cardigan for around 350 in size Medium and XL. A nice piece for sure, and definitely a more reasonable price. Other notables included Faust's new Rick Owens jacket, a Rick owens leather for around 900, and the Ann Demeulemeester long coat in black in size Large (same that was available on Aloharag in blue).

Comment

• LanceP
              • Oct 2006

^^ The Ann D. long coat was still in Barneys? Did you happen to remember how much it was?

Comment

• sbw4224
                • Sep 2006

I want to say somewhere around 550 to 650. I'm don't exactly remember, but it did fit me perfectly in the shoulders. For sizing reference, I'm a 40/50.

I really liked the coat, but it just isn't substantial enough in terms of the warmth it would probably give.

Comment

• LanceP
                  • Oct 2006

^^ Okay, I wanted to see if they had a 3rd markdown. I didn't bother trying it on since I'm a 38/48 type of guy, so I figure a large would've been too big for me. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I was at Esthete today, in the meatsmelling district. They have a ton of stuff at 60% off - womens and mens. NDC, Collection Privee?, A.F. Vandevorst, Drkshdw, Kristensen du Nord, etc. Big selection still. I bought a long sleeve naturally overdyed henley with buttons covered in the same fabric by a Japanese company called Guilded Age - I am not familiar with them, but I really liked the piece. It reminded me a little of Paul Hardnen aesthetic. I also almost bought Drkshdw treated cords for a mere $89 (tons of Drkshdw tees for $49 as well). I recommend a trip.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

I visited Alan Bilzerian today. While I do like the store a lot, there was not a lot of sizes left in many of the pieces I was interested in. If you're in Boston, it's worth a stop by, but I don't think it's worth it to drive to Boston JUST for their sale.

Barney's had the Cloak cardigan for around 350 in size Medium and XL. A nice piece for sure, and definitely a more reasonable price. Other notables included Faust's new Rick Owens jacket, a Rick owens leather for around 900, and the Ann Demeulemeester long coat in black in size Large (same that was available on Aloharag in blue).

[/quote]

i was at bilzerian and at barneys too. nothing tickled my fancy at bilzerian, except for a ann d coat made out of wool and cashmere. i didn't try it on, but it was an xs, not sure if i would be able to fit into it. it was interesting to see some older unassuming men at bilzerian be really excited about yohji, and carpe diem.

barneys stock has been thoroughly depleted. kinda makes me wish i wasn't gone for two weeks in seattle! i'm eyeing the cloak cardigan in medium, especially if/when there is a 3rd markdown. saw the sheer ann d sweater, and it didn't impress me at all. not very functional and imo, not worth the money, unless it goes for another markdown.

is the RO jacket at barneys? i didn't see it. is it on the coat rack with cloak, miu miu, etc? same with the ann d long coat?
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• sbw4224
                        • Sep 2006

I always find Bilzerian's a fun place to shop in. I really like the way it makes high-end clothing look so unassuming and unpretentious. The staff is also more than happy to help out as well. I also really liked those virgin wool/cashmere Ann coats. Too bad they only had XS and XL.

The RO jacket was on that same rack. It was there around 2pm today... so maybe it sold? The Ann D long coat was a few pieces down on the same rack.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

I always find Bilzerian's a fun place to shop in. I really like the way it makes high-end clothing look so unassuming and unpretentious. The staff is also more than happy to help out as well. I also really liked those virgin wool/cashmere Ann coats. Too bad they only had XS and XL.

The RO jacket was on that same rack. It was there around 2pm today... so maybe it sold? The Ann D long coat was a few pieces down on the same rack.

[/quote]

ah, actually i think i saw the ann d long coat. just didn't bother seeing how long it was. i was there around 2 pm, maybe i saw you? i was the korean dude wearing a brown knit hoody.
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• LanceP
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

i was at bilzerian and at barneys too. nothing tickled my fancy at bilzerian, except for a ann d coat made out of wool and cashmere. i didn't try it on, but it was an xs, not sure if i would be able to fit into it. it was interesting to see some older unassuming men at bilzerian be really excited about yohji, and carpe diem.

barneys stock has been thoroughly depleted. kinda makes me wish i wasn't gone for two weeks in seattle! i'm eyeing the cloak cardigan in medium, especially if/when there is a 3rd markdown. saw the sheer ann d sweater, and it didn't impress me at all. not very functional and imo, not worth the money, unless it goes for another markdown.

is the RO jacket at barneys? i didn't see it. is it on the coat rack with cloak, miu miu, etc? same with the ann d long coat?

[/quote]

Did they happen to have anymore interesting Yohji pieces at Bilzerian? I'd like to know if it's worth the trip down there tomorrow or Monday.

As for the Ann D. sweater... I'm awaiting a 3rd markdown as well over at Barneys. Maybe then will I buy that sweater, if it's still there.

Comment

• sbw4224
                              • Sep 2006

Ddohnggo, were you with a friend? If so, I probably did see you. Too bad I didn't know at the time, or I would have said hi. I would have been the semi-tall white kid with a very freshly shaved head.

Lance, I actually tried on a few Yohji things while I was there. A couple interesting sweaters at 30 percent off, making them around 390, and the only thing that really struck me as being notable was a Yohji Pour Homme sweater/jacket with snap buttons that was over $1000 after the sale's discount. The more Yohji I try on, the more I'm loving his designs and fits. It's too bad the price point it out of my range, even at 30 percent off.

Comment

• keith
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="LanceP"]

Did they happen to have anymore interesting Yohji pieces at Bilzerian? I'd like to know if it's worth the trip down there tomorrow or Monday.

[/quote]

It ain't worth your time tomorrow, since they're closed Sundays..

Also, dunno if anyone cares, but almost (I think all) of the Yohji there is from older seasons, some of it two+ years old. They're obviously still nice pieces, but there's a jacket on sale there that I have from FW 04 (and which I bought at a lower sale point, coincidentally).

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎