• Sep 2006

Re: F/W 06 Sales

good lord.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

I grabbed this from the sale thread on superfuture. No one has confirmed it, but I can only say that I wish I was in NYC today.

Cloak is having a sample sale in their New York showroom. It's CASH ONLY and you DO NOT need the printed invite in order to attend.

DATES: JANUARY 18TH - 20TH (THURSDAY - SATURDAY)

TIMES: 10AM - 6PM ALL DAYS

CASH ONLY!!!

[/quote]

shit. can only make it on the last day.

Gah!!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

I grabbed this from the sale thread on superfuture. No one has confirmed it, but I can only say that I wish I was in NYC today.

Cloak is having a sample sale in their New York showroom. It's CASH
        ONLY and you DO NOT need the printed invite in order to attend.

DATES: JANUARY 18TH - 20TH (THURSDAY - SATURDAY)

TIMES: 10AM - 6PM ALL DAYS

CASH ONLY!!!

[/quote]

Hah! What did I tell you?! I'm not surprised - they have to unload the samples and overstock before they close the shop.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• bakla
          • Oct 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]good lord.
          [/quote]

I love this reaction, hehe.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="bakla"]

[quote user="xcoldricex"]good lord.
            [/quote]

I love this reaction, hehe.

[/quote]

I can hear collective salivating here and on superfuture.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Man I need to move......quick! Hope some people get some nice stuff at the sample sale. If anyone is feeling generous, I'm a L/32waist. lol [:)]

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

I put this in recent purchases, but thought I'd put it here too since I talked about the Cloak sample sale. Sorry I kept it to myself, someone on men.style posted about it weeks ago, I was surprised nobody mentioned it on here and frankly I wasn't sure if it was legit so I didn't post.

I wrote in recent purchases:

"Anyone go to the Cloak sample sale today!? I'm so happy, I got the leather felt black boots I wanted!!! That's all I went for and that's all I got. There was a cool navy polo and super thick scarf (fw 04 i think) that I wanted, but I didn't have enough cash on me to get anything but the boots. They also had some of the famous "desert boots" there, closest to my size was a little big and I like the leather/felt ones better.

The prices for non-samples weren't that great, pants where still around $200 and shirts $100. But the shoes from the runway show where all $100! Unfortunately the felt leather boots in my size where new, so they costs $325. It was also cool because Alexandre Plokhov was there milling about. I may go back tomorrow with more cash to get that scarf and polo, but right now I'm ecstatic that I got the exact boots I wanted in my size!"

edit: I wore the boots out immediately, went to Seven looking for the Raf colorblock shirts (they weren't there yet, but they said they would be coming later today) and the guy there said he loved my boots. I told him it was funny because I literally just bought them at the sample sale.

music

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

casem-good score! I love those boots. What size are most of the sample pieces? Sample shoes?

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

The sample shoes were all over the place. They had a grey felt/leather pair that where 43, I probably could've worked with them with insoles or thick socks (the ones I bought were 42). The desert boots they had 43 and a bunch of small sizes. I don't really remember the rest, I was zeroed in on the ones I got, it seems like most everything else was too small for me though. There were a bunch of shoes though and they were probably the best deals, they also had a handful of laceups from F/W 06 and the oxfords from F/W 06 that were quite nice.
                    music

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

so shitty. i had a free day in ny, as i gave my presentations the yesterday and didn't find out about the sample sale until now (in boston). UGH.
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="casem83"]The sample shoes were all over the place. They had a grey felt/leather pair that where 43, I probably could've worked with them with insoles or thick socks (the ones I bought were 42). The desert boots they had 43 and a bunch of small sizes. I don't really remember the rest, I was zeroed in on the ones I got, it seems like most everything else was too small for me though. There were a bunch of shoes though and they were probably the best deals, they also had a handful of laceups from F/W 06 and the oxfords from F/W 06 that were quite nice.[/quote]

Man, if anyone see's any 41's in the aforementioned price range (around $100) someone needs to hook me and Coldrice up. Unless he doesn't want any, but I feel like he wears a 41 as well.

Maybe darkanimal will know... I bet most of the stuff is gone by now anyway, though.,
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Some people PMed me so I'll just announce it, unfortunately I can't pick stuff up for anyone because they take cash only. I just moved and due to unforseen bank difficulties all my cash is tied up in Ohio. In fact I had my dad wire me the cash I used to get my boots muwahaha (he didn't know that's what it was for).

Surely someone else on here is going and can help these poor souls out?
                          music

Comment

• LanceP
                            • Oct 2006

Fuck, I was walking around Soho today too, but decided not to go to Cloak 'cause I wanted to wait until they have a higher markdown. I'm still in NYC, but I can't go tomorrow 'cause I fly back to Boston tomorrow morning. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Excuse the profanity.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

P.S. If it makes you guys feel any better, the sale was really small, and there wasn't much to get excited about aside from the footwear. I didn't find one cool jacket or any pants I wanted (most were dress pants). I assume they'll have to have another sample sale before they're done, the FW 06 stock is still in the boutique, and they'll have to get rid of the SS 07 and other leftovers at some point.
                              music

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]

indeed, very curious about some of the unique/prototype stuff that went up at the sample sale, as well as anything from 04 or prior. Any xs/28 goodies, or at least photos for the lot of us to oogle at?

(by the way, someone's selling a size m cloak flight jacket from 04 on ebay currently..)

[/quote]

isn't that minomni?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎