Clear All
  • nictan
    • Jul 2009

^ thanks!

Comment

• diorowen
      • Aug 2010

got a small question about cleaning..
      my green/ greenish clothes always have a yellowish spot on some part after I throw it to washing machine..I tried to change my laundry powder etc, but none works..always like that..now I got 3 clothes, with green color ( green, ocean green, dark green) that has all yellowish spot..
      is it because the quality of the clothes? (standard v neck, cotton on)
      really need help here..
      frustrated..haha
      still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• reborn
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by diorowen View Post
        got a small question about cleaning..
        my green/ greenish clothes always have a yellowish spot on some part after I throw it to washing machine..I tried to change my laundry powder etc, but none works..always like that..now I got 3 clothes, with green color ( green, ocean green, dark green) that has all yellowish spot..
        is it because the quality of the clothes? (standard v neck, cotton on)
        really need help here..
        frustrated..haha
        It could be from bleach residue in your washer or the washer you are using...Greens turn yellow with bleach; dark blues & blacks turn orange...

Comment

• eleven crows
          • Mar 2011

I figured it best to resurrect this thread rather than start a new one.

I managed to lean against wet paint last night while wearing my Damir Doma unbalanced jacket and LUC overdyed pants. The result is a grayish silver paint splattered over both. The jacket is cotton/linen and the pants are linen. The paint came off my hands when washed under water with some light friction.

Any tips of how I clean this off without ruining either? I'm particularly worried about the LUC pants. The damn tags are somewhere in my apartment and I can't remember the washing instructions.

Comment

• ardeetee
            • Apr 2007

not sure if this has been asked, but has anyone tried the woolite dry cleaning sheets?

Since it's essentially just a large dryer sheet I'm not sure how clean/effective it is but if it works, it sure as hell beats the dry cleaning bills

Comment

• t-bone
              • Dec 2009

I've used the Dryel Sheets and Bag, which I imagine are the same thing, but not in like 3-4 years. They were OK for getting some light smells out, but not that useful for anything else.

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

with cleaning julius denim with unique washes, is it safe to wash if I dont want fading/shrinking?

Also, with my heavily waxed jeans, how do I clean them without letting the wax dissipate?

As for shirts, im guessing just mildly dumping soap and handwashing em lightly and letting them sit on a towel flat prevents any shirt of any material from having issues. That's what I think I gathered from here...

any specific type of soap i could use to be extra delicate, especially for the semi sheer stuff?

Also, do fabric materials like rayon and such beg of me a certain way of handling them in the water/soap to prevent damage?
                Last edited by Lane; 06-03-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                  As for shirts, im guessing just mildly dumping soap and handwashing em lightly and letting them sit on a towel flat prevents any shirt of any material from having issues. That's what I think I gathered from here...
                  This is pretty much what I do, I just use the bathroom sink and a drop or two of organic eco-friendly cleaner (I don't remember the brand name) just enough to get the water bubbly. They are in there for about 30 minutes with gentle hand-washing every 10min or so, then onto a towel to dry.

Comment

• Patroklus
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2011

That doesn't tell us much. I wash nylon military surplus garments pretty hard all the time with no ill effects, but nylon hose probably wouldn't take it. Without knowing anything more about your jacket I'd say it would be fine, but when in doubt you can safely handwash almost any garment.

Comment

• Patroklus
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2011

I think you're fine, but I'd skip the spin cycle. If your machine can't turn off the spin cycle (my old one couldn't, there was no option to) then I'd just handwash it rather than trying to pull it out before the cycle starts.

Comment

• Patroklus
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2011

Any spin cycle is liable to twist the garment. That's usually okay, since most sturdy cotton clothes don't mind being twisted too much, but on a garment like this I'm not sure what might happen. I think the extra time it would take to hang dry is worth the safety of not using a spin cycle at all.

You can squeeze water out of the garment like you would a sponge, but I'd avoid wringing it like a towel.

Comment

• i fold things into a towel, and then roll the towel to squeeze excess water outof things that can't be wrought or spinned.

Comment

• Patroklus
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2011

Yep. You can also block the garment out and let it dry on a (different, dry) towel if you're worried about it stretching out on the hanger. I'd save that for knits and gauzy weaves.

Comment

• mike
                              • Dec 2006

Can someone recommend me a dry cleaner in nyc? I like madame paulette but they are too pricey to use for just any piece. I have also tried chris french and meurice garment care and was not pleased with either.
                              Thanks

Comment

• gavagai
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by rilu
                                Got this CDG Tricot skirt made of material I've never seen before: it's linen treated as if it were polished, so it looks shiny, and it is quite firm. The label indicates dry-cleaning and I guess in this case that's probably the safest way to go, but I am wondering about the ironing: the label states "do not iron". However, the skirt is pleated, and I wonder how these pleates will get back in form without ironing (at the moment the skirt is a mess, it arrived randomly folded). Should I mention any specific instructions to the dry-cleaner regarding this or should they be able to know what to do with this kind of material? I hardly ever take things to dry-cleaners so I have no idea what to expect from them... Thanks a lot in advance.

Assuming you have a fancy french laundry I would take it there. Expensive but completely worth it. They can usually reshape the garment to your liking while actually cleaning without ruining. Depends on your level of attachment to the garment I suppose. I definitely would not iron but it may be possible to steam and shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎