Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tyro
    • Nov 2008

Last edited by Tyro; 12-14-2010, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• johnny_herb
      • Sep 2007

Ah I see, well the lining on mine looks similar too, I'd even say it's got more marks than the lining photographed!
      Would you say taking to the dry-cleaners would be OK? It's thick wool, so I don't think soaking it is an option.

CORRECTION: Just had a glance at the tag (which I thought had completely faded) - it says to handwash it, my favourite piece being popped into the wash machine - fuck!
      http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15988

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

i've taken my PH jackets to the dry cleaners - all came out ok....just make sure ensure they DO NOT press the jacket or they will take out all the creases and ruin the look of the item.....
        also you can articificially get the crumples/creases back if you spray the area with water, scrunch up the material, lay a tea towel over it and use the steam function on a good iron....just make sure you don't actually press down too hard or for too long......and whatever you do, make sure you use a tea towel or towel rather than putting the iron directly on the material or you will ruin it.....
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

^^ i think that's what i'll do. dry clean, no press. re-introduce the ruffled look with moisture if needed.

i've pulled the sleeve inside out and it's also soiled, lol wtf...the exterior must be a mess hidden in navy color. i'll probably see lots of unsightly stains under a black light..

i think that tear with the white dots is a cigarette burn..

thank you all.

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

i assume you weren't aware of the burns etc when you bought it.....i'd take it up with the seller....

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
            ^^ i think that's what i'll do. dry clean, no press. re-introduce the ruffled look with moisture if needed.

i've pulled the sleeve inside out and it's also soiled, lol wtf...the exterior must be a mess hidden in navy color. i'll probably see lots of unsightly stains under a black light..

i think that tear with the white dots is a cigarette burn..

thank you all.
            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

I have issue with Poells tapeseam tanktop. Iirc it's made out of ramie so I don't know exactly how that material works, BUT;

I've tried and wash it the whole summer after getting a small stain. But everything just keeps getting worse. The water seems to create brown lines after it have dried. They go away if I wash them, but then new lines appear.

Haven't been able to wear the damn thing all summer cause of this.

Comment

• Tyro
                • Nov 2008

Last edited by Tyro; 12-14-2010, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• beardown
                  rekoner
                  • Feb 2009

endersgame:
                  I'm no expert but judging by the smell you mentioned and some of the damage, those 'white dots' could very well be moth eggs and the damage could be moth damage.
                  I say this because if you have that in your closet and there are larvae or eggs in there, they can and will get everywhere if the conditions are right.
                  I can't say specifically but the eggs of some moths appear as 'white dots' in old clothing:
                  Originally posted by mizzar
                  Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Wow, next level Harnden hobo steeze, keep it as is!
                    music

Comment

• Yan
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                      scored my first ph mac coat and this thing is filthy. will the ruffled look go away if i dry clean? i just don't think i can get this worn-in grime out by just hand-washing. it's got an old man smell too..no clue what those white dots are near that tear..

and can someone confirm this is from 2006?
                      from the short collar, looks like a navy version of this...

I put mine in the washing machine at 30 degrees and it washed great. Even added some creases.

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

thanks beardown, now i'm grossed out.

i'm going to the cleaners for further inspection.

edit: cleaners say it's not moths, but a tear that exposed some of the glue. so i guess no hobo-moth steeze for me. although i have heard that ph deliveries sometimes are moth ridden, lol..
                        Last edited by endersgame; 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

just received a call from my dry cleaners. sent my N(N) jeans for drycleaning.

warned me that the bleeding heart leather patch might crack under drycleaning due to the exposure of chemicals and high-heat. colour of the patch might even run (its blood red). asked if i wanted to take the 'risk' of drycleaning. well obviously i didnt.

anyone has personal experience on that? if there is a risk of that happening, how to go about cleaning them?

Comment

• magic
                            • Feb 2009

i dont think its really necessary to dry cleaning denim. is it some special treatment on the fabric?
                            Focusing on object details

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

nope its normal pants.

they are a 95/5 cotton polyurethane mix.

will rinsing it in cold water cause the colour to fade? thats the only thing im concerned atm.

edit: nvm. just went to test it in a bucket of cold water. only dipped the hem in to see if any colour runs. none. so threw the whole pair in. hang-drying it now. problem solved. money saved.

Comment

• magic
                                • Feb 2009

well done
                                Focusing on object details

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎