Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jj.still
    • Dec 2006

Has someone tried to clean current seazon PH tweed jacket (50%Wool/50%Linen). "Handwash" is written on the tag, and I'm confused about whether it is cleaning instruction .

Comment

• gavagai
      • May 2010

Originally posted by jj.still View Post
      Has someone tried to clean current seazon PH tweed jacket (50%Wool/50%Linen). "Handwash" is written on the tag, and I'm confused about whether it is cleaning instruction .
      That is cleaning instructions. If the jacket fits perfectly i'd avoid washing as long as possible. I almost never wash jackets unless absolutely required. Maybe a gentle steam. Reiterate, fancy french laundry is the only way to go. They have the best soaps/detergents and take their craft seriously. Not the type of place that will do something idiotic and not accept responsibility.

Comment

• 8bpc
        • May 2010

How does the polyurethane / wax coating on some pants hold up after a wash?

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

I just received a pair of ma+ heavy cotton jersey 5-pocket pants and there's no washing instructions, are these machine washable or should they be hand washed or dry cleaned?

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

I wouldn't think that machine-washing it would do any real harm - but hand washing/dry cleaning is always the better choice B. I'm assuming its the same material as my aviator, which thus far, I've only hand washed gently.

Comment

• tigo
              • May 2009

When in doubt, hand wash. I don't trust anyone else with my stuff

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

bought a RO knit says no hand washing or vaporizing. So, I guess I can only dry clean? It has a blend of materials so I have no idea.

Comment

• Haven
                  • Oct 2011

I'm curious about this Electrolux Air Wash, it's supposed to wash your clothes in just a few minutes, completely without water with just air and negative ions. Probably expensive as hell (if yet on the market) buy that would be great to have at home! Anyone have any experience with it?

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                    • Jan 2011

electrolux from what i know is mainly an industrial brand; that is for laundromats and the like. they are belgian or german? something european and have been importing under the importers name for about half a century now. your best bet would be to call customer service rep in your area..

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                      • Oct 2011

Julius top I got off of SuFu just came in, and while it's a great addition to my wardrobe, the seller failed to mention he smokes, and the shirt reeks of it .

It's from SS09, 80% Cotton, 20% silk blend, says handwash, no dry cleaning. Before I go dunk it in the sink with a little Tide, any tips or tricks on getting the smell out?

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by rilu
                        ^ leave it for half a day outside in the fresh air, that should already do a good job, i think.
                        And if that shouldn't work? Airing out is typically what I would do after clubbing, but this is much, much stronger than that residue has ever smelled to be. It amazes me the seller thought it would be fine to not mention it anywhere in his thread ><

Comment

• Urthwhyte
                          • Oct 2011

^ then you may want to try this procedure, good luck :)
                          Will do. Thank you so much for the help! (and best of luck getting that skirt sorted, it's a beautiful item)

Comment

• LiveinblacK
                            • Nov 2011

Just purchased an OV denim jacket and the previous owner was definitely a smoker, since the jacket reeks of cigarettes. Any tips on how to get rid of the smell

Comment

• LiveinblacK
                              • Nov 2011

check this thread a bit up, someone had the same problem, and i posted some solutions!
                              Just found it. Ill def try those out. Thanks again

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

Can I handwash mosh stench out of a leather jacket?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎