Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vikeid
    • Feb 2009

yeh, can try it out on the inside of it to see how it goes maybe. i accidetly stood with my shoes on it so thats the reason i want it cleaned couse the cream color got all greyish :d

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

yea I did that with some trousers, rub some water on the inside, if it doesn't get fuzzy you should be alright washing it.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Vikeid
        • Feb 2009

im waiting for it to dry now but i didnt do much, just rub on it a few seconds. but well see, now it looks all greenish : ) but i guess it will get better.. hope so : )

anyone whos familiar with velvet like materials or mettalic blends?

Comment

• sphoxx
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Mike Lowery
          I recall the man himself advices to throw it in the washing machine..
          Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
          Hmmm... I'm going to let someone else try this first.
          I just hot soaked my calfskin rider's for about an hour then tossed it in the dryer on HOT (wanted some shrinkage) along with some towels for padding. As mr. Nouveau can attest, the result: no damage, no color loss, no change in leather texture and a much improved fit. I didn't use any detergent or anything, just hot water and a bit of churning.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

good to hear. no difference in the sheen of the leather either?
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• tomatous
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

^^^ Courage.

Comment

• sphoxx
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                good to hear. no difference in the sheen of the leather either?
                None at all. If anything, the process beat the leather up a little more and after a good, well worked in layer of conditioner (Meltonian leather lotion) the jacket feels better than when I received it. Previous owner had stretched it out significantly, so the shrinking served to re-mold it to my body.

Comment

• rogelro
                  • Mar 2008

anyone have the FW08 VA coated jeans? any tips on how to wash? the tag says dry clean petroleum but I have no clue what that means

Comment

• KM80
                    • Mar 2008

I put this in another thread to but this one is probably better...

Has anyone with the white doma t with the black inner layer tried hand washing, or dry cleaned only?

I hand wash most things and would really hate to go to the dry cleaner for just a t-shirt, but this one seems pretty iffy even on a cold light hand wash and it is awesome so I don't want to fuck it up.

Comment

• Tyro
                      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by sphoxx View Post
                      None at all. If anything, the process beat the leather up a little more and after a good, well worked in layer of conditioner (Meltonian leather lotion) the jacket feels better than when I received it. Previous owner had stretched it out significantly, so the shrinking served to re-mold it to my body.
                      sphoxx, was this a Rick jacket? I still might try this with mine...

Comment

• sphoxx
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Tyro View Post
                        sphoxx, was this a Rick jacket? I still might try this with mine...
                        Yup, Rick Calfskin (LR on the tag). Don't know how lamb would react but I'd imagine fairly similar.

Comment

• BrettChaotix
                          • Nov 2007

I bought a RO shirt on SuFu and the dumbass managed to ship it while it was still wet.... a week later it arrives from Italy covered in mold

see pics/story here http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...&postcount=474

I washed it 4 times in a row and it still smelled like ass. I turned it inside out and washed it 4 more times and most of the smell is now gone, along with the mold stains.

I'm filing a paypal claim but any other guesses on how to get the funk out in the meantime?

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

wow that sucks big time. can you remind me to ban him tomorrow.

try soaking it in detergant for a little longer (if you havent already), that helped me get a very persisent smell of fish out of a garment.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

WTF that is crazy. Sorry to hear about it!

I've had some shirts in the past get moldy (post-gym, left bunched up in the hamper for too long). Thankfully your shirt is black as often times the mold spots fade but never fully disappear on lighter clothes.

Do what Arto suggested though for sure. The funk comes out... it just does so gradually.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cavity.
                                • May 2009

I just got a pair of Waxed Black Rick Owens jeans. They're a tiny bit too big though. Would it be okay to put them in the dryer for a minute or two? It says no tumble dry, but will it really affect the garment besides shrinking?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎