Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProfMonnitoff
    • Jan 2007

On saturday night, some drunk kid stumbled into me and emptied his drink all over my RO gradient leather. It must have been some nasty concoction, because the stains are a very synthetic looking pink colour.

The tag says to dry clean using hydrofluorocarbon, but I took it to my dry cleaner and she told me that fluorocarbon is now illegal in the UK due to its effect on the environment.

Does anyone know about the legality of fluorocarbon in other EU states (particularly Austria)? I can't seem to find anything about this on google.

Alternatively, what other method would you guys recommend for cleaning it? If it was just leather, I'd hot soak it and see what happens, but since the body is a screenprinted synthetic with some distressing applied, I'm quite worried as to what might happen.

Originally posted by jogu
    i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• vinsu
      • Oct 2009

washing steel

hi guys. i have a lmaltieri jacket, with a fabric combination of wool and steel. the tags have come off this piece and i don't recalling having washed this before. i was wondering if these pieces could be diy/handwashed for decent longevity? please excuse my poor english.

Comment

• Tyro
        • Nov 2008

anyone have any experience washing a LUC raw silk cardi? It says dry clean only, but I generally hate the chemical smell and feel knots get from dry cleaning.

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

as with everything else that has "dry clean only", if you don't want to dry clean it, the only thing left is to handwash it in cold water with some liquid detergent. dry flat on a towel and stretch and form it while damp.

this should be put in inane question-thread soon for everyone to indulge in.

Comment

i did that with a doma double layer black and white tee, and the black bled onto the white.

Comment

• Tyro
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by bestial View Post
              as with everything else that has "dry clean only", if you don't want to dry clean it, the only thing left is to handwash it in cold water with some liquid detergent. dry flat on a towel and stretch and form it while damp.

this should be put in inane question-thread soon for everyone to indulge in.
              Yeah sure, if I wash it that is how I would do it, but I was actually asking if any one else has tried this.

Everything that has "dry clean only" doesnt have it for the same reason, for instance, silk loses up to 20% of its strength when wet, but like with Heirloom, it may also be to do with colourfastness.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                i did that with a doma double layer black and white tee, and the black bled onto the white.
                thats kind of a shame though, and why its important for us designers to research the fabrics we use carefully before putting them into a line.

I get the feeling sometimes that some designers just slap on a
                "dry clean only" label as a way of protecting themselves from any potential disaster that might happen if the clothes are cleaned otherwise. I honestly believe though that basics that are worn on a regular basis should be made from fabrics that are washable and easy to maintain............something like a tank should never have to be taken to the cleaners.
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

sorry, didn't read probably, and probably was a bit rough, didn't mean to sound harsh :) but what else is there to do then wash with water if one don't want to dry clean?

and I have also had the feeling that zamb talks about.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

I handwash pretty much everything, and everything I own has a dry clean only label on it. Even washed a Rick leather the other day.
                    The one thing I haven't tried out is pure cashmere, washed all my DD cashmere / cotton pieces no prob. Anyone got experience with cashmeeeere? Ta.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Tyro
                      • Nov 2008

I've washed cheaper 100% cashmere jumpers in wool wash, which were fine.

Comment

• cmitso412
                        • Feb 2010

sorry about my ignorance, but why wouldn't you want to dry clean? is it just the hassle or does it harm certain pieces/materials?

Comment

1. it's a fucking hassle
                          2. it's expensive
                          3. you never know if it will actually work, sometimes it does still ruin the garment
                          4. washing in water enables you to reshape a garment that might've been stretched through use.

mostly i just steam and air anything with wool or cashmere in, and brush and depill with those depillers/shavers, but i'd like to be able to wash a basic in water and soap. it's not like I don't care for my clothes, and if they can't handle that treatment, it takes away from the enjoyment of wearing them.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

Reporting back from the big Rick Owens cashmere clean:
                            Hand-washed it all with liquid delicate wool-wash, flat dried in a towel, good as new. Just don't wring it when you wash it.
                            A, I would be careful with the shavers, I tried it on a cashmere top and it tends to take off too much. I just leave them now.
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Tyro
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Tyro View Post
                              anyone have any experience washing a LUC raw silk cardi? It says dry clean only, but I generally hate the chemical smell and feel knots get from dry cleaning.
                              Will probably just give this a go, based on this

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

How do you clean Bone colored leather boots?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎