Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thehouseofdis
    • Jan 2010

For deodorants and general personal cleaning I started using Menscience products in January and have had really great results. The travel set is fantastic.

They also just launched a women's line called Femmescience.
    THE HOUSE OF DIS
    embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

• Macro
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      One. Two.

PS. Thanks, thehouseofdis.
      I can vouch for Weleda. They make the best toothpaste also.
      My body adapts to Toms after like 2 weeks. Then I feel like I don't have anything protecting those pits after an hour.

PS - Faust, Laundress Stain Solution has worked miracles for spot treating stains. Highly recommended.
      every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Faust, I usually spot treat with Shout then wash with a gentle detergent to keep the graphics fresh. I'm also curious to try The Laundress products ^^

For deodorant, Tom's does the trick for me. I may still sweat a bit, but at least it doesn't leave the stain that results from sweat mixing with aluminum and other chemicals.
        music

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Macro View Post
          I can vouch for Weleda. They make the best toothpaste also.
          My body adapts to Toms after like 2 weeks. Then I feel like I don't have anything protecting those pits after an hour.

PS - Faust, Laundress Stain Solution has worked miracles for spot treating stains. Highly recommended.
          Yeah, I am getting the same reaction (I was thinking maybe because I got the unscented one, but I guess not). Switching back to Weleda.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Lumina
            • Dec 2009

I sat the other day on a wooden bench. It was very hot, and as soon as I sat, I felt it was all sticky, there was lots of pine sap on my pants
            I managed to remove it with household soap, butter (I was very scared to do that, but to remove sap I was advised butter or solvent, and for nothing in the world I would spread solvent on a black CDG pant, so I chose the other one), then household soap again.

My pant is safe now, but if you can avoid it, beware the wooden bench especially when it's very sunny, it is a very bad idea

Comment

• t-bone
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by curiouscharles View Post
              sorry if this has been preeeeviously discussed[ed] BUT - anything i can do to defend, or rather attack, them armpits?

i'm speaking of sleeveless white shirts, no matter how un-sweaty i live in them, they'll get either blue from my old spice, or just blackish from my inner goo or something - tricks please?
              To add to this discussion, I've been using this Malin+Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant since it was introduced, and it works amazingly well and hasn't discolored any of my shirts yet. This will be the first summer so we'll see if it can keep up, but warm days so far have been no problem.

Comment

• sCrAtChy
                • Oct 2009

Hi all, what is the best way to clean a MA+ white leather shirt... is it possible to dryclean it?

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

I cold washed one of the arms on a screen printed luc-tee last weekend. the dye smudged out and the black discolored the white. kinda sucked. only on one arm though, but now I know that I don't really can wash the shirt when it gets dirty or smelly. :/

Comment

• allanb
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by thehouseofdis View Post
                    For deodorants and general personal cleaning I started using Menscience products in January and have had really great results. The travel set is fantastic.

They also just launched a women's line called Femmescience.
                    I'll second the Menscience recommendation.

Comment

• 8bpc
                      • May 2010

I'm new to the world of leather jackets and I'm curious how everyone cares for their leather. What do you do about cleaning the interior, non-removable lining, of a jacket? Is it possible to have this cleaned without cleaning the leather surface and stripping it of natural aging and patina?

Comment

• headpower
                        • Aug 2009

Can you hand wash 100% silk cardi? The silk cardi is so delicate that I think the dry cleaner is going to damage the garment.

I avoid white tees because I hate dealing with stains. BTW why some of my white tees that are stored in the closet for a long time develops yellow stain even I haven't wear it for at least half a year?

Comment

• Castor
                          • Nov 2009

Yes, you can handwash a silk cardigan.

Stains that appear from nowhere are often clear fruit juice that you can't see at first but then they turn yellow/brown after a while.
                          Originally posted by DRRRK
                          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• headpower
                            • Aug 2009

Is hand/body soup bad for garments, I dont use any detergent, chemicals unless I know the garment really needs a desperate wash, I usually use very little soup and rinse the garments with water repeatedly to clean it. I check out some of laundress website, are those detergents really that much better than any home use product?

I heard Oxyclean is good for yellow stains on white, what about black garments, I heard people complaining they have white stains on thier black tshirts but I myself never have one, what is good for black colour garments anyways?
                            Last edited by headpower; 06-23-2010, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

scored my first ph mac coat and this thing is filthy. will the ruffled look go away if i dry clean? i just don't think i can get this worn-in grime out by just hand-washing. it's got an old man smell too..no clue what those white dots are near that tear..

and can someone confirm this is from 2006?
                              from the short collar, looks like a navy version of this...

Last edited by endersgame; 08-02-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Tyro
                                • Nov 2008

Last edited by Tyro; 12-14-2010, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎